Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree12Likes

New Schumacher KF2

Hide Wikipost
Old 07-29-2016, 08:27 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: New Schumacher KF2
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: MelKF2
Welcome to the KF2 Wiki!

Please feel free to add any Tips, Tricks, or anything that would be beneficial to the KF2 Family

Introduction and Pictures Introduction and Pictures

ElectronicsSetupElectronicsSetups

Setup SheetsSetup Sheets

EmulsionShocksEmulsion Shocks

Tony Newland Gear Diff BuildTony Newland Gear Diff Build

Suggested Gearing

17.5 I ran 69/31 at SRS Scottsdale Arizona and 72/30 at MHOR Aurora Co and Full Throttle ALB, NM RCM lockout worked excellent!

MIP pucks excellent upgrade! The new RCM lockout is an excellent piece as well! These options will greatly reduce weight throughout the drive line!

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2015, 04:30 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Those both look sick..! Well done guys..!

..p

Last edited by DiscountRCStore; 05-18-2015 at 07:55 PM.
Old 05-18-2015, 06:29 PM
Tech Regular

After looking at Maizer's modded KF2, it doesn't look like this mod would be too difficult to pull off. Drill a couple holes to move the motor assembly rearward. The hardest part would be crafting the top brace and finding a belt that fits.

What belt did you use?
Old 05-18-2015, 07:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Awesomeness!

Originally Posted by DiscountRCStore
+1 ... looks fantastic..!

..p
Looks awesome. Is it good?
Old 05-19-2015, 11:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jpdanger
After looking at Maizer's modded KF2, it doesn't look like this mod would be too difficult to pull off. Drill a couple holes to move the motor assembly rearward. The hardest part would be crafting the top brace and finding a belt that fits.

What belt did you use?
There is more to it than just that. Not to say You, or anyone cant do it. But i dont want people to hack up there cars and then have to buy new parts and start over. I had to cut the bulkheads, drill and tap holes, the counter rotation gears are eliminated, and the body had to be heated and bent to clear the spur gear. I was happy with how the car felt, but am moving the motor back about 4mm more to get more rear traction, make more room for the battery, and give the car more room in the set up for dirt. Im sure you will see somthing from schumacher as the SV2 is due for a change. I hope the counter rotating gear are removed as i do not feel the need for them and i think the car should be more 17.5 friendly. If Schumacher doesnt decide to revamp a mid motor car i will have a conversion available. You know something will be coming from them tho.
Old 05-20-2015, 08:45 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by Flawless
Looks awesome. Is it good?

..we don't have any first hand experience with this yet however the feedback does seem positive ... stay tuned ..!

..p
Old 05-21-2015, 02:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Your turning it into an SV2.
Old 05-21-2015, 04:23 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Banshee8530
Your turning it into an SV2.
The SV2 has the motor farther back than my car, and that is with me moving the motor back 6mm more from what you see in that photo. I did move the motor for two reasons one two remove weight from the car, and the drivetrains rotating mass. Also to be able to have more weight in the rear as the motor and center bulkhead is heavier. Now that I have removed the counter rotating gears and cut the bulkhead the weight difference between the motor and my battery is closer. I drove the car last night at my local track Cruzin and the car felt better for me. I don’t think it can replace the kf2 for carpet, and not positive it can replace the SV2. The SV2 is the oldest Schumacher right now and it is more than likely to be the next car to be replaced. It would be very EZ to do this basing it off the KF2, I feel using a belt is the way to go it is nice and quiet, EZ to pull out a diff and could be made to have pulley options for gear ratio changes. I don’t know what Schumacher will do next I don’t receive this kind of information. I do know in the past that every time they make a car it is better than the one before it. So get ready for a good one.
Old 05-21-2015, 05:13 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

I'm going to try my kf2 with lowpro servo and elec. as reward as possible next week at Cruizin/maizers home base. Should be an interesting comparison vs the mkf2
Old 05-22-2015, 12:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I do like a nice quiet belt tranny.
Old 05-22-2015, 12:20 AM
Tech Regular

Maizer, does your conversion make the car the same as a 3 gear transmission whilst the standard KF2 is the same as a 4 gear transmission? Or does the motor spin the same way as the KF2?
Old 05-22-2015, 06:30 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Badger5
Maizer, does your conversion make the car the same as a 3 gear transmission whilst the standard KF2 is the same as a 4 gear transmission? Or does the motor spin the same way as the KF2?
My motor spins clockwise, the KF2 is counter clockwise, i had to buy an esc that had motor direction change ability. I plan on having a new set of bulkheads made, so the motor will face the other way.
Old 05-22-2015, 12:06 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by maizer
My motor spins clockwise, the KF2 is counter clockwise, i had to buy an esc that had motor direction change ability. I plan on having a new set of bulkheads made, so the motor will face the other way.
What ESC did you end up using?

BTW, this has gotten me really excited for a new true off-road capable Schumacher.
Old 05-22-2015, 12:12 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jpdanger
What ESC did you end up using?

BTW, this has gotten me really excited for a new true off-road capable Schumacher.
I had to buy a G Force ESC. All the schumacher off road cars are true off road you just need to have the right car for the job. KF2 is best on carpet off road. SV2 is best on high, and mid grip dirt/clay. KR is best at low to mid grip.
Old 05-22-2015, 12:56 PM
Tech Master

Default chassis

Have any of you tried the CF chassis? I was wondering how much lighter it is, and how it felt.
Old 05-22-2015, 01:42 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by maizer
Have any of you tried the CF chassis? I was wondering how much lighter it is, and how it felt.
Yes. Race ready box stock with aluminum camber mounts and CF chassis weighed in at 1540g without a body. I believe if you remove the side rails and stiffeners you'll drop about 40g if memory serves???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.