Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2002, 10:16 PM
Tech Addict

Hey KevinK, was that price for the RW pullies per each or for the pair? Thank's
Old 09-27-2002, 11:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Mopar.....I just checked and they are 12.99 Retail each sorry if i lead you to think they were cheaper.
Old 09-28-2002, 01:43 PM
Tech Master

Is there any modifications you need to make to the mission before hitting the track? What parts do I need to stock up on for an asphalt track? Will there be any way to adjust my ride height with the stock shocks? Are the kit tires any similiar to Take Off's tires? If so, what compound? Anyone want to buy a XXX-S fully loaded?
Old 09-28-2002, 10:18 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by proudwinner
Is there any modifications you need to make to the mission before hitting the track? What parts do I need to stock up on for an asphalt track? Will there be any way to adjust my ride height with the stock shocks? Are the kit tires any similiar to Take Off's tires? If so, what compound? Anyone want to buy a XXX-S fully loaded?
OK your first question. What parts? Well some new stuff have came out, RW Pullies, Warpspeed chassis(3mm),threded shocks. Many parts are out now but I say first get used to the car before anything.Ride Height.- Yea you can, it wont be exact but it will be pretty close. Just use a combo. of different spacer until you get your ride height. Tires- OK if you look at the stock shumacher tires,notice the embedded groove in the middle of the tire and that the edge of the tire is rounded off. In London, in each main and or 1 heat there is a guarenteed chance of rain. So the stock tires are "rain slicks" so on american hot,dry asphalt the tires are not that good. I use cs-27 or sorex 36, I like the sorex better because with the cs's they slipped a lil bit but the 36r's stuck like CA glue was on my tires But it all depends on track temp and type of asphalt. If you need any more questions, feel free to shoot.
Old 09-29-2002, 09:47 AM
Tech Master

Much obliged Fireblade, I didn't notice any shock spacers on the pics of the car so that's the reason I asked about the ride height, threaded shock bodies will be a definite upgrade in the future. Okay, I've heard of a differant rear belt for the car that is suppose to be more durable for modified racing, does schumacher sell this belt off their web site or is it an aftermarket product? Will their be ways to raise or lower the roll center on the front and rear of the car with the arm mounts in the kit or will I have to buy parts off the fireblade to do this?
Old 09-29-2002, 11:06 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by proudwinner
Much obliged Fireblade, I didn't notice any shock spacers on the pics of the car so that's the reason I asked about the ride height, threaded shock bodies will be a definite upgrade in the future. Okay, I've heard of a differant rear belt for the car that is suppose to be more durable for modified racing, does schumacher sell this belt off their web site or is it an aftermarket product? Will their be ways to raise or lower the roll center on the front and rear of the car with the arm mounts in the kit or will I have to buy parts off the fireblade to do this?
Ok, their called the Grey Shumacher belts. I think thats what they are,iam not really for sure. Call up Adrain (Shumacher USA) and ask him about them. Yea in the pics they dont show the spacers,but they have a bunch of sizes u use to get the height.
The roll center hinge pin mod. Yes, I dont have it on my car but with the one-way front diff and the roll mod will make your car steer so good. The kit is called a "Hinge pin kickup mod", I dont think they have that on the site, your gonna have to call Adrain and order the kit from him. There is a front and the rear. Another good thing to get. The one-way. This will give you more corner speed but you have to relearn how to drive the car but it is about the best investment i have on my car. The one-way will run you at about $50. Hope that helps.
Old 09-29-2002, 11:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

U1988J
Old 09-29-2002, 01:22 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by fireblade
In London, in each main and or 1 heat there is a guarenteed chance of rain.
LOL, its not quite that bad, but nearly

about the kit tires, there unbelted so next to useless on pretty much any surface.
Old 09-29-2002, 02:09 PM
Tech Master

Thanks everyone. I appreciate all the help and info. you have giving, that helped alot. I agree with you fireblade on the oneway. When I decide to try the oneway I'll be sure to swap to steel cvd's in the front. Does the front of the car have an adjustable wheelbase like the rear? Anyone know where I can find some setups? My C/F kit should be here Oct.3rd.
Old 09-29-2002, 02:49 PM
Tech Regular

Hrm, I know that the rear has a adjustable wheel base but I dont know about the front. Ill ask one of my friends and get back with you on that question.
Old 09-29-2002, 03:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

New Paint Masks from MDI Racing

Here's a pic of my newest body. I used one of MDI Racing's Paint masks. We now have over 20 diffrent patterns in stock.
Attached Thumbnails Schumacher Corner-%5Cs-stratus-1.jpg  

Last edited by AdrianM; 09-30-2002 at 06:32 AM.
Old 09-29-2002, 05:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Proudwinner, dont bother swapping over to the Steel CVD's, they aren't necessary.
Using a oneway diff and rubber tires inmod, I have only ever broken one composite cvd, the impact was at high speed and I hit the apex board on power.

the kit items are brilliant, and very light weight.

After using associateds cvd's then corally's system, I am very impressed with the operation and durability of schumachers design, it is another example of their different approach to engineering.
Old 09-29-2002, 05:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Fireblade, yes the front has adjustable wheelbase, this is why the plastic spacer is there, you will also note on the setup sheets about the front arm spacing forward or rear.

Also the Roll center Mod doesnt change the Kickup of the front arm, it simply raises the front Roll Centre 2mm to bring it to the same Height as the rear.
It doesnt necessarily improve steering response, it in fact removes some initial responsivness, and improves the cars steering in the middle to exit part of the turn, it improves the linearity of the cars steering throughout the corner.

The rear roll centre can be altered by using shims or washers under the pivot blocks, or by making some Carbon braces (spacers) in varying thicknesses.
Old 09-29-2002, 05:23 PM
Tech Adept

Default Dragonxmx

This Mission has won 12 of the last 13 races...

Someone said I installed everything backwards... but it works!
Check it out at www.dirttrix.com

Old 09-29-2002, 05:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Stock Mission 24mm tires wanted

Hey if anyone has one of those useless sets of stock Schumacher tires from the Mission I am interested in them!!! E-mail me what you need for them. I only want unmounted sets...... Thanks, seems I have found the only race surface that they work well on!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.