Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2002, 01:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Cool

Hey Doug,
Nice to see you on this forum. I guess it wasn't a surprise that you got another expert stock win under you belt.

James Nguyen
Old 09-08-2002, 01:23 PM
Tech Elite

Yorkie - i think the anti-roll bars are really hard to judge when you use them on slippy floors.

When I tried them briefly on the pro 3, the car was a total nightmare, with not much front end grip, and zero rear traction.

Then when I tried it on the back of my Yoke Buggy - it added grip!

The pro 3 was usually on stiff springs, the buggy usually on soft - this may have had something to do with it.

From my (limited) experience, if it's slippy, just keep the bars off the car (like you've already done).
Old 09-08-2002, 02:01 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks James,Had a good time last night.
Old 09-08-2002, 08:12 PM
Tech Regular

need some info if any one can help...........what is the best gear ratio for the mission with a 17 pully and a 116 spur gear.The motor is a p2k2 run on asphalt med. size track woth lots of turns. I cant seem to get the p2k2 to run as good as the p2k.
Old 09-08-2002, 10:21 PM
Tech Rookie

gotyournumber, try about a 42. that gives you about 5.85:1 I think. Not sure if that will physically fit though, you may have to change the spur.
Old 09-09-2002, 04:51 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Axis 2 set up

Has any one got a good starting set up for an Axis 2 on tarmac with a MVP stock motor?

Thanks
Old 09-10-2002, 08:25 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

gotyournumber: I can't seem to get my P2K2 to run as well as anything. Hell, I have an old Paradox stock motor that put in better numbers on the dyno than my brand new P2K2 did! And thats no joke! Kinda makes me regret selling my old P2K!

Good luck trying to find a good gear ratio to bring out the hidden life in the P2K2. I know I'm still searching!
Old 09-10-2002, 12:27 PM
Tech Rookie

I agree, tried one last weekend what a dog!
Old 09-10-2002, 01:25 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I've been told that every motor has that "perfect" gearing that will bring out its real life, but I have yet to find that sweet spot with the P2K2. And thats with the Mission, that offers two different internal ratios to work with!

I guess more searching is in order!
Old 09-10-2002, 01:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I was running a P2K2 to practice at the local carpet track, and the best I could do was 36-40 laps in 5min. switched in my MVP and on the first run 42 laps!!!! and I was less consistant because I was kinda tired....LOL

Check out a Fantom MVP guys trust me you will not be disappointed!!!!!
Old 09-10-2002, 03:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I dont know guys I run mostly P2K2's and my car is fast. I have been running MVP motors getting ready for a race that they will be used at and my car is 2 to 3 tenths a lap faster with a P2K2 over the MVP. I gear my P2K2 at 6.30 and the MVP at 6.45 to keep it cool. I also run the 20t pulley because the 17t never seems to run down the straights no matter what gearing I have on. I would suggest to you "gotyournumber" to try the 20t pulley. It should be faster then the P2K but if the motor is just a bad motor well then there are no tricks that you can do to make it faster.....it sucks but sometimes the motors are just doggs and you need get rid of them.

I still think the best stock motor is the Reedy Rage but the P2K2 is the best with whats out there right now IMHO
Old 09-10-2002, 06:09 PM
Tech Addict

also the axiom top motors is really fast. I have been runnign them in my xxx-s and will be getting a mission on wedsday.
Are there any tips I should do before I put it together? LIke sand the batt slots or ca the sides of the chassie?

Thanks
Old 09-10-2002, 06:17 PM
Tech Regular

There is a screw on the bottom of the A-Arm that screws into the steering block. Dont tighten it all the way. What happends when you turn the screw rubs up against the axle, creating it to break.
Tighten it until its starting to get tight then back it out a hair.
Old 09-10-2002, 09:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I'm not sure what the difference is, but you guys sound like you're gearing these motors too high. I would never gear a P2K2 over 6.8 and I usually gear the P2K2 around 7.0. As for the MVP, it kills them to gear anyting over 7.4. Maybe 7.2 on a fast track where you don't need much midrange grunt...

When I say higher I mean higher gear ratio which is the same as a lower FDR.

I don't seem to be the only one that believes this to be true- Ron Atomic, me, Toasty, Larry Pryor and every other person that was fast at the Snowbirds (as far as I know) was geared around 7.0 for stock rubber and Ron was easily the fastest car in the A main. Didn't do me much good though.... I still sucked

Last edited by BigDogRacing; 09-10-2002 at 09:50 PM.
Old 09-10-2002, 09:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally posted by teamAE
also the axiom top motors is really fast. I have been runnign them in my xxx-s and will be getting a mission on wedsday.
Are there any tips I should do before I put it together? LIke sand the batt slots or ca the sides of the chassie?

Thanks
Go ahead and do the roll center mod. Call Paul at Schumacher USA. He can tell you the best way to do it and keep the chassis from cracking.

Do the chassis glue thing like usual...

If you're gonna be running HV's with extra shrink wrap put some motor shims under the battery posts and shave a little off the inside of them to clear the batts.

Go ahead and put the gray front belt on and the oneway if you run oneways.

Oh- make sure to clean the Schumacher bearings out really good- they come PACKED with some sticky @ss grease!!! lol

edit: one last thing- if you can afford it, and you like trick stuff like Titanium screws, get the Ti screw set for it and put them on right from the beginning. You'll thank me later.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.