Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2004, 09:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Short Arms

rayhuang - Short arms are due to centerline weight of the battery, the car will not roll as much so the short arm is used to create the needed camber change for sidebite.

Todd - Car looks great, great work as always.
Old 09-27-2004, 09:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

"Any Hpi in the states not wheeled by Hara? Any wins."

The only other guy they sponsor is Thad if I'm right. Otherwise, you're talking about regular guys running the car.
Old 09-27-2004, 09:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

isn't camber gain governed more by link lengths and angles relative to each other than their absolute lengths?

if both the link and the arm are parallel and the same length, regardless of what that length is, there will be no camber change. the greatest camber change will be a short link on a long arm. add some downward sweep to that short link, and voila, massive camber gain. so why not that scenario then?

especially if the car won't roll to begin with, why then is there the need for short arms to help it "stay flatter" as most will say they do?

if this car is at all competitive, which i trust in losi that it will be despite my opinion, i would venture to guess that it will handle very uniquely. i would also guess that after their last car being coined for the best handling car, they may have intended to trade some of that smoothness for a car that has more rip out of the box.

this car is almost as revolutionary as the tc4!
Old 09-27-2004, 10:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default losi's new ride

very unique design .. when It is released Ill be running Losi again... Cant wait for this one....
Old 09-27-2004, 10:47 PM
Tech Adept

Personally i love the design, unique and innovative, just hope it'll work much much much better than the Pro3 ever did. Now, just one thing to ponder about, will this sale alongside the xxx-s? or will the xxx-s be discontinued. Personally, i think it is the first option as i doubt this car will be evolved into an off-roader so the xxx-s will probably be kept in order to sale it alongside xxx-4. The JRXS's suspension arms are way too short to be used on off-roaders, or am i mistaken on that point.
Old 09-27-2004, 10:49 PM
Tech Adept

Oh, and by the way, does anyone know how the battery tray will work if the batteries are to be secured from the bottom. I'm really interested to hear from anyone with this knowledge, i want to know how is the tray secured onto the bottom of the chassis, and is it possible to change battery without taking the body off or anything off from the top (as in only from the bottom, but of course with battery plugs, not hotwired)
Old 09-28-2004, 02:00 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Cobra81li200
What about the mission 1 and 2, the assassin, robitronic, PTI, Kawada, etc, etc ?
The Robitronic does have offset different diff halves
Old 09-28-2004, 03:50 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Andy M
The Robitronic does have offset different diff halves
Oops, i assumed that being a single belted car it was centered...
Old 09-28-2004, 03:53 AM
Tech Adept

No it is offset, the motor mount is mounted on one side slightly and the belt runs down the other. Its only about 5mm but it does require the diffs to be the correct way round to make it work

I think the PTI is central but I think the Kawada is the same as the Robi, not 100% sure tho
Old 09-28-2004, 03:55 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Turbo Joe
Let's see...one...I found an old (long) Pro 3 outdrive...if you can "twist" it, then you must either have really strong fingers or you must have a really keen eye.

Two...any "twist" (either real or imagined) between the inner joints of the axle isn't going to cause torque steer, unless it was severe enough to cause the car to turn (I would guess it would have to be more than several degrees). Even then, once it was "twisted" initially, it would "untwist" almost instantly as the torque decreased.

Three...the Front and rear pullies on the Pro 3 were on opposite sides...hmmmm....
(...wonder what happens with a one-way?)

Four...on "big" cars (the ones you sit in), the OE's use equal-length axles (among other things) to reduce or eliminate torque steer in higher-powered FWD models. They use an arrangement that looks (and functions) just like on the new Losi or the Pro 3.

Torque steer, in the manner that you are speaking of, as compared to the twist caused by the motor (see: TC-3, etc.) is caused on "big" cars by unequal length axles, and deflection in the drivetrain acting upon the axles...and "little" cars are not any different in that respect.

Cliffnotes version:
Long diff halves, whether twisty or not, aren't going to cause "torque steer".

They can't and they don't.
Build the diff, pu it on the car and try to turn the right wheel while keeping the lef wheel and the pulley in place and we'll see if it doesn't twist badly. And yes it is several degrees so it does makes a difference and also on power the rear wheels carry most of the power so you cannot say that having the front diff the other way cancels the effect.

I still don't get your torque steer on full scale cars... What he hell is OE ?
Old 09-28-2004, 04:02 AM
Tech Regular

Default Shocks

Hi,

Does anyone wath shock the JRXS will use?

Thank you in advantage,

Thomas
Old 09-28-2004, 04:20 AM
Tech Regular

Put it this way, If the new car had torque steer that bad....do you think that Kinwald, Francis, Hodge, ect would setlle for that, and run the car with it, i think not. Just my opinion.
-Buddy
Old 09-28-2004, 04:34 AM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Yeah it was awesome

Originally posted by TonyWest
But compared to a car like the TC3.
Just compare the cars resumes.
TC3 countless wins on a club and national level.
Any Hpi in the states not wheeled by Hara? Any wins.
I heard at the last HPI challenge a HPI Won and TQ'd.
Old 09-28-2004, 06:35 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by BuddyB
Put it this way, If the new car had torque steer that bad....do you think that Kinwald, Francis, Hodge, ect would setlle for that, and run the car with it, i think not. Just my opinion.
-Buddy
I didn't say it will have. Hell I'm not even the one who mentionned it.
Old 09-28-2004, 06:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Re: Shocks

Originally posted by 840918001
Hi,

Does anyone wath shock the JRXS will use?

Thank you in advantage,

Thomas
Oil filled Coil Overs!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.