Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 08:47 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M-Technic
Are you going to do more than one race this season Marcos?
If my work schedule allows yes thanks for your concern

I have requested days off for them so will see , i'm for sure not going to the village race way too far for me
Old 09-06-2012, 05:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Thank you for your reply Solara,that makes sense to me and I thought as much.
Cheers
Tim
( I'll pm you)
Old 09-06-2012, 09:49 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Questions Questions ... Help appreciated.

My TB-03 is due any day now.. saw a few things i want from the SP site but need a few answers ..

#1 the Furai body, gorgeous definitely scooping one of those for the TB-03 chassis but i saw the Type-S tyres and wondering when they'll be back, how much for a set, are they good for the TB-03 ?

#2 our racing up here for TC is limited to 17.5T - 21.5T depending on the race and location .. would a Reventon S 40A and the Ultra Sportman v3 21.5 or 17.5 be a good combo and what type of LiPo would i need for that ..?

thanks.

i'm a newb at the hobby and i want to ask a lot of questions and get the right stuff ..
Old 09-06-2012, 11:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Originally Posted by NewWestF1
My TB-03 is due any day now.. saw a few things i want from the SP site but need a few answers ..

#1 the Furai body, gorgeous definitely scooping one of those for the TB-03 chassis but i saw the Type-S tyres and wondering when they'll be back, how much for a set, are they good for the TB-03 ?

#2 our racing up here for TC is limited to 17.5T - 21.5T depending on the race and location .. would a Reventon S 40A and the Ultra Sportman v3 21.5 or 17.5 be a good combo and what type of LiPo would i need for that ..?

thanks.

i'm a newb at the hobby and i want to ask a lot of questions and get the right stuff ..
Hey there,
A good place to start would be to check with your governing body for what lipo your allowed to run
(eg. Max mah) and depending on the surface your racing on,you would benefit from either motors with the Reventon s,as you could easily set up the speedy/ motor combo to suit the different track layouts you would be racing on.
A 17.5 won't heat up like a 21.5,(set correctly), but the high end torque is different.
I would see what the guy winning your class has got and go one better
Hope this helps
Tim
Old 09-08-2012, 12:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Figure ill try one more time, Im wanting a Reventon Wifi module for next weekends big race here in Las Vegas to show off Speed Passions new stuff. I can pay $50 which is more than retail for a module!! Please anyone that is willing to let one go pm me.
Old 09-09-2012, 06:00 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Reventon profiles?

Hey all.

Down here in New Zealand we're coming up to the real start of our race season soon. I sold all my GT esc's and updated to Reventon's when Solara said the stock1 and Mod1 profiles were going to be released early August. Well its now into the 2nd week of September and still no boost profiles released. What's up Speed Passion? Im at a bit of a loss as to why you would release a product that's not complete. Could somebody please shed some light on when we're going to see these profiles. I might as well not bother entering any events if we dont see anything in the next month and that will be annoying to say the least. Sorry for the rant, its just nice to see something happen when its stated, by the manufacturers rep.

Last edited by Bumpy; 09-09-2012 at 06:01 AM. Reason: spelling :(
Old 09-09-2012, 09:31 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Timbo99
Hey there,
A good place to start would be to check with your governing body for what lipo your allowed to run
(eg. Max mah) and depending on the surface your racing on,you would benefit from either motors with the Reventon s,as you could easily set up the speedy/ motor combo to suit the different track layouts you would be racing on.
A 17.5 won't heat up like a 21.5,(set correctly), but the high end torque is different.
I would see what the guy winning your class has got and go one better
Hope this helps
Tim
think i'm going to do the 17.5R Ultra Sportman with the Reventon S; i'll get the battery figured out .. i think over the winter on the indoor carpet i'll get everything tweaked for next summer parking lot series .. i found someone who caries decent foam tyres for the car (GQ Tires; opinions?) ..

still need to find out about those Performance Tires - Type S SP carries and when they come back in stock . i want to build the TB-03 with the Furai body and a custom wing and those tires for a photo shoot ...

Last edited by NewWestF1; 09-09-2012 at 09:32 AM. Reason: added some text
Old 09-09-2012, 05:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default Sensor boards

What situations would you find the yellow or blue sensor board worthwhile in blinky? It sounds like everybody is using the stock or green sensor boards.
Old 09-09-2012, 05:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by g12314
For 60ft straight, I would start with 30 degrees of timing and a 4.8 FDR (not 3.8FDR, ).

As already mentioned, having the green and yellow timing boards in your pit box will allow you to tailor the motor to just about any track. Green board would be more focused on BIG tracks and the Yellow board for smaller tracks.

Jimmy
Originally Posted by bigtez
Thanks Jimmy, Solara and M-Technic.

I have just ordered the green and yellow timing boards from the local Aussie warehouse, so hopefully they arrive before the weekend.
Need some advice with timing in 17.5 Blinky. I am running the Comp V3.0 MMM motor, Novak GTB2 esc and IP6800 70c batteries. The track is a medium sized asphalt track, with a 50-60ft straight and 13 corners of varying speeds (flat out sweepers to hairpins). Should I have any of the optional sensor units in my spares box?
Had my first run in 17.5 fixed on the weekend. I ended up at 3.9FDR and 30deg timing. Motor was at 50*C after 6min heat and I was still a little slow down the straight. Should I continue to gear up or should I be adding some more timing at this point? What difference is there between the two, if any?
Old 09-09-2012, 06:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Had my first run in 17.5 fixed on the weekend. I ended up at 3.9FDR and 30deg timing. Motor was at 50*C after 6min heat and I was still a little slow down the straight. Should I continue to gear up or should I be adding some more timing at this point? What difference is there between the two, if any?
I would say that you can go to 60 degree C to be safe. I would go up timing run three laps. See if it's where the speed should be. If not I would drop it down to 30 degrees again and start working you way up with gearing. Just keep an eye on temps.
Old 09-10-2012, 01:37 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Help please.

Hey all.

I have a friend that has a problem with a new GT2.1 pro stock esc. He has run 1 race day in 21.5 TC boosted with a 1 cell motor. He had no problems with it on that day but after changing the motor to a 1 cell 13.5 and adjusting the profiles back to the std setup he has a problem where the car will run for 8-10 short bursts up and down his driveway at home then the car goes into what seems to be safe mode, 1/3 the speed. He has tried 2 other motors in the car and the same thing keeps happening. He can turn the esc off and it resets but after only a few ore runs up the driveway it goes back to 1/3 power again. Thee esc is running the standard kit 422 firmware as far as Im aware so maybe it needs re-flashing. Unfortunately I cant just go to his place and have a look as he lives 6 hours drive away. He is travelling down to my place this weekend so if anyone could give me some ideas I could try get it sorted for him. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-10-2012, 02:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default H80

have upgraded firmware on box but now it comes up H 80 any thoughts
Old 09-10-2012, 04:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 98 (100%+)

got my reventon pro today.....its very nice.......all i have to do now is wait for the dynamic stock software...any ideas when its out????
Old 09-10-2012, 04:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bumpy
Hey all.

I have a friend that has a problem with a new GT2.1 pro stock esc. He has run 1 race day in 21.5 TC boosted with a 1 cell motor. He had no problems with it on that day but after changing the motor to a 1 cell 13.5 and adjusting the profiles back to the std setup he has a problem where the car will run for 8-10 short bursts up and down his driveway at home then the car goes into what seems to be safe mode, 1/3 the speed. He has tried 2 other motors in the car and the same thing keeps happening. He can turn the esc off and it resets but after only a few ore runs up the driveway it goes back to 1/3 power again. Thee esc is running the standard kit 422 firmware as far as Im aware so maybe it needs re-flashing. Unfortunately I cant just go to his place and have a look as he lives 6 hours drive away. He is travelling down to my place this weekend so if anyone could give me some ideas I could try get it sorted for him. Thanks in advance.
Maybe try the low voltage cuttoff, or the sensor lead for starters
Old 09-10-2012, 08:47 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Bumpy
Hey all.

I had this problem and it turned out to be an incompatability between the ESC and the Novak Ballistic motor. I found a lot of threads on problems between Speed Passion speed controls and Novak motors. I had tried changing sensor wire, timing board on the motor and resetting the ESC., nothing worked. The whole time my HPI Flux motor was fine.

What motor are you using?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.