Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 08:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tr1kstanc3
What situations would you find the yellow or blue sensor board worthwhile in blinky? It sounds like everybody is using the stock or green sensor boards.
Indoor carpet.....small to mid size track. High timing for short and tight track...need the motor jack up fast.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)
Talking

Originally Posted by blade072
got my reventon pro today.....its very nice.......all i have to do now is wait for the dynamic stock software...any ideas when its out????
What David said.....
Old 09-10-2012, 07:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default Esc

New to Speed Passion.... What speedo do you guys suggest for non-ramping Touring car 17.5. Can the new units really be adjusted trackside via my iPad? Thanks
Old 09-11-2012, 12:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default reventon s

Originally Posted by JAM Racing
have upgraded firmware on box but now it comes up H 80 any thoughts
hmmm no answer is this standard for Reventons after reprograming led box..this was supposed to easy
Old 09-11-2012, 02:03 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dvaid852456
I had this problem and it turned out to be an incompatability between the ESC and the Novak Ballistic motor. I found a lot of threads on problems between Speed Passion speed controls and Novak motors. I had tried changing sensor wire, timing board on the motor and resetting the ESC., nothing worked. The whole time my HPI Flux motor was fine.

What motor are you using?
My friend had his first race day with the esc and a Speed Passion 1 cell 21.5 running boost etc last weekend. No probs all day. He then put in a Speed Passion 1 cell 13.5 and the problems started from there. He then tried an x12 13.5 and the 1 cell 21.5 but the same problem keeps coming back. after about 1 minute it goes into what seems like limp mode. The sensor lead has been changed out a couple times but still the same issue. Ill check to see what he has the lipo cutoff at. Cheers.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JAM Racing
hmmm no answer is this standard for Reventons after reprograming led box..this was supposed to easy
This is on the NEW LED box that came with the reventon correct? If that is the case update it through your computer twice, When I updated mine, The first time it said complete but when I tried to use it on the esc nothing worked, Updated it again on the computer and all was good. If your not using the new LED box that came with the reventon, there might be compatibility issues with HW stuff or even the LCD version as the Reventon is all new..
Old 09-11-2012, 07:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trickedout
This is on the NEW LED box that came with the reventon correct? If that is the case update it through your computer twice, When I updated mine, The first time it said complete but when I tried to use it on the esc nothing worked, Updated it again on the computer and all was good. If your not using the new LED box that came with the reventon, there might be compatibility issues with HW stuff or even the LCD version as the Reventon is all new..
If you are trying to use the programming box ie a HW make sure you down grade your box to the older version of the HW programming. Then you want to download the Speed Passion software on the box for the Reventon.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:43 PM
Tech Master

Seeing how Speed Passion still is not out with boost profiles for the reventon, Can we turn to Hobbywing V3 software like we have in the past with the gt-Xerun 2.0-2.1??
Old 09-11-2012, 07:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trickedout
Seeing how Speed Passion still is not out with boost profiles for the reventon, Can we turn to Hobbywing V3 software like we have in the past with the gt-Xerun 2.0-2.1??
Reventon boost software is being tweaked still. It will be worth the wait! The sofware is unique for the new speed control so you will not be able to use HW
Old 09-11-2012, 09:34 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey Speed Passion guys on the thread .. any clue when this is back in stock " SRD-RS1WT01 " and price when it's back on the site?
Old 09-12-2012, 04:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)
Default When?

Originally Posted by B.JUCHA
Reventon boost software is being tweaked still. It will be worth the wait! The sofware is unique for the new speed control so you will not be able to use HW
Hey guys,
Just wondering when we could see the turbo ramping etc. available for the reventon pro as I have a couple of them.Just a guesstimate will do.
Thanks!
Old 09-12-2012, 05:28 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by NolanP
If you are trying to use the programming box ie a HW make sure you down grade your box to the older version of the HW programming. Then you want to download the Speed Passion software on the box for the Reventon.
The issue that JAM racing is having is that after setting the Reventon esc into 0 timing mode using the NEW SP LED box (not lcd) as a PC interface, it will not work and allow him to make changes via the LED box afterwards.

I will forward trickedout's suggestion of updating the LED box twice to him to try that if he doesn't read this thread before the weekend. I know the HW stuff does the same things at times, curse of those electronic gremlins.

Cheers
Rob.
Old 09-12-2012, 05:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

i have just recieved the reventon pro, comes with a nice LCD box, and i also have the BT adaptor. this is all nice, speedy looks the goods, but its quite useless to me with no boost software. i really hope its coming very soon, basic settings are just too slow for my track.
Old 09-12-2012, 01:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default tried it 3 times now even while standing on one foot

Originally Posted by ta04evah
The issue that JAM racing is having is that after setting the Reventon esc into 0 timing mode using the NEW SP LED box (not lcd) as a PC interface, it will not work and allow him to make changes via the LED box afterwards.

I will forward trickedout's suggestion of updating the LED box twice to him to try that if he doesn't read this thread before the weekend. I know the HW stuff does the same things at times, curse of those electronic gremlins.

Cheers
Rob.
im going to drop it back to supplier before i ctrl/alt/delete or steel cap boot the thing
Old 09-12-2012, 03:33 PM
Tech Master

Make sure you download the LATEST software from sp website as they updated it as of 9-7-12 and then make sure you update the LED card by holding the reset button while opening the SP software on your computer, On the left hand side will be an update button and should show the V1.3 option, update it twice and it should be good. I have my Reventon R and updated my LED card to V1.3 and now have my esc in Stock0 and can still adjust everything from my LED card.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.