Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2012, 01:40 AM
Tech Initiate

Thank you ,
What FW to use ?
The temperature tomorrow is going to be around 16C .
I will install the temp sensor of my MT-4 and i will see the maximum motor temp .
Old 11-17-2012, 04:36 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Akita
I've just receive my Revetron PRO with SP 5.5T (combo) .
I have no idea about settings on this esc .
The track is asphalt and large and my car is the Tamiya trf417

I need a setup to start with and then i will see if i need more power or it' too much .

Thanks
If you are running boost there are a few set ups posted posted in the website ,
Old 11-17-2012, 06:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Anyone running the Reventon Stock Club Race? I read a lot of reports of people having problems with the R and S cutting out or just acting plain weird, a few odd stories with the Pro but nothing on the Stock Club Race.
Old 11-17-2012, 04:37 PM
Tech Initiate

I've wired up my Reventon Pro for the first time tonight, and cannot get it to function properly. Basically I can't get it to calibrate the throttle. It goes through the various stages to set neutral/full throttle/full brake and then switches off. Once I switch it back on, I've got no throttle, however I do have steering. I've changed receiver, motor sensor wire, ESC to receiver 3 pin wire, none of which made a difference. I've tried calibrating the speedo at least 20 times, no success. I'm really disappointed in the product after purchasing it just after release and then waiting weeks for the boost software for 10.5+ motors. Has anyone else had this issue? Perhaps one of the SP techs could inform of a potential solution for this problem. I've been through the troubleshoot guide, none of which worked...
Old 11-17-2012, 06:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by rosey1990
I've wired up my Reventon Pro for the first time tonight, and cannot get it to function properly. Basically I can't get it to calibrate the throttle. It goes through the various stages to set neutral/full throttle/full brake and then switches off. Once I switch it back on, I've got no throttle, however I do have steering. I've changed receiver, motor sensor wire, ESC to receiver 3 pin wire, none of which made a difference. I've tried calibrating the speedo at least 20 times, no success. I'm really disappointed in the product after purchasing it just after release and then waiting weeks for the boost software for 10.5+ motors. Has anyone else had this issue? Perhaps one of the SP techs could inform of a potential solution for this problem. I've been through the troubleshoot guide, none of which worked...
Are you using a Futaba radio? If so you need to make sure the throttle is reversed.

====

Reventon Firmware Update

Many of our racers and customers asked and Speed Passion came through. In the newest update for your Reventon you can set "custom" drag brake profiles. You still have the option to select the predetermined values or set custom drag brake in 1% increments!
Old 11-17-2012, 06:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rosey1990

If you are using a futaba transmitter you must reverse the setting on the throttle. It will work once you have reversed it.
It is in the manual that if using a futaba you have to reverse throttle setting.
Old 11-18-2012, 02:29 AM
Tech Rookie

Hey, can anyone help me with some advice. I am running a Speed Passion GT2.1 ProStock ESC and Reedy Sonic 10.5 Motor in my T4.1 Truck. I have it geared at about 9.1 (84 Spur and 24 Pinion). Just wondering about the timing and boost settings I should be running etc. Any help would be great, thanks.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:14 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Had my first onroad race in a few years with a 1/12 pan car. I used a Speed Passion 17.5 1 Cell motor in blinky mode with a GT2.0 Pro ESC and TQ Booster.

During the race I noticed that with my roll out at about 95 I am assuming with for the track was not too far off, the motor was getting up to 160 degrees temp wise. I thought I was undergeared so went up to where my buddy was with his MMM that was running cool to the touch but it feel even hotter. Motor also seemed to act erractically

Eventually I was not able to finish a heat as the vehicle was kind of start and stop depending on if I had the power on the ESC on as well as the TQ Booster.

I went ahead and took out the Motor and it felt kind of gritty and could hear it as well.

I put in a standard competition 3.0 17.5 motor I was going to use in a touring car and instantly was better, motor was cool to the touch and I had speed not too far off of everyone else considering everything.

Now my question is this, what should I look for in the motor? What potential issues could it be causing this?
Old 11-18-2012, 03:36 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

If it doesn't smell funny I'd guess it's just a case of having a bad bearing. If there is an odor, it's time for a new motor.
Old 11-18-2012, 03:45 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by SP Tech
Are you using a Futaba radio? If so you need to make sure the throttle is reversed.

====

Reventon Firmware Update

Many of our racers and customers asked and Speed Passion came through. In the newest update for your Reventon you can set "custom" drag brake profiles. You still have the option to select the predetermined values or set custom drag brake in 1% increments!
Thanks for all the suggestions I've received. I'm using a KO Esprit Vantage 2, but this also required changing the throttle direction to reverse. Perhaps the manual requires adjusting to suit, as at the minute it states ONLY Futaba radios should be ran with throttle in reverse.
Old 11-18-2012, 05:56 PM
Tech Adept

I remember one guy on the forum having the same problem than me ...

I was wondering if someone find a way to repair this ...

So my LCD card is toast ... It's doesn't connect to the ESC anymore ... But they connect well on my PC.

So before this week-end race, I updated my Reventon Pro to Stock0 V20. The update went smooth (I don't know if I have to update the LCD card but since she not respond to anything, I cannot).

Since the V20 update, the ESC doesn't close ... and I cannot re-calibrate the ESC with my radio ...

What I do now (starting the feel frustrated ...) ?
Old 11-18-2012, 06:19 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by linkless
If it doesn't smell funny I'd guess it's just a case of having a bad bearing. If there is an odor, it's time for a new motor.
Thanks for the info.

It did not smell funny. I got the motor apart and when free spinning the rotor on each of the bearings outside of the stator section, it spins some but then stops which I feel is pretty soon.

By the way .. Youngest got ahold of the stator and I can't recall which side was it originally oriented in relation to the timing board, A B C posts. Is there a way to tell which way the things should go, does it matter?
Old 11-18-2012, 06:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by academygaz
Anyone running the Reventon Stock Club Race? I read a lot of reports of people having problems with the R and S cutting out or just acting plain weird, a few odd stories with the Pro but nothing on the Stock Club Race.
I have been running Revention club stock in my 17.5 car. I bought to use in place of my LRP sxx version 2 esc.
I sent my LRP in to get the board replaced on recall. I love the Revention club stock I have had no problems it is fast as my LRP is at 1/4 of the price!
Since I switched I have started setting the fastest lap time of the day in the heats and mains.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Penz316
I remember one guy on the forum having the same problem than me ...

I was wondering if someone find a way to repair this ...

So my LCD card is toast ... It's doesn't connect to the ESC anymore ... But they connect well on my PC.

So before this week-end race, I updated my Reventon Pro to Stock0 V20. The update went smooth (I don't know if I have to update the LCD card but since she not respond to anything, I cannot).

Since the V20 update, the ESC doesn't close ... and I cannot re-calibrate the ESC with my radio ...

What I do now (starting the feel frustrated ...) ?
Welcome to my club. SP told me to rma it but I've been running it for now like that.
Old 11-18-2012, 07:26 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by vr6cj
Welcome to my club. SP told me to rma it but I've been running it for now like that.
Can Solora or Sptech can PM me on that ... For details on RMA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.