Wiki Posts
Search

RT281 Raceway "Off-road" Friedens, PA 15501

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2013, 06:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Originally Posted by Grasschopper
Not trying to get anything changed but feedback as someone who travels a good distance to race at 281. I actually like the 5:00p start time...maybe 4:00 could be better but the later time allows me to get up on a Saturday morning, spend some time with the family, cut the grass if needed, lazily load the car and make the drive to the track with plenty of time to get some practice in before racing starts. Yes I get home around midnight but the kids have been in bed for hours so I'm not missing time with them and my wife is very understanding of my racing.

Noon race means to me that I will have to get out of bed earlier, eat breakfast, load up and roll. Really I will probably spend Friday evening loading up so I can leave earlier. To get any pre race track time I need to be on the road by 9:00a if not earlier so no family time in the am. Lets say that racing is finished by 6:00p...that gets me home around 8:00p and the little one is going to bed so I lost a full day with the little one.

Positives? I'm not a huge fan of racing under the lights so having daylight will be nice...but the track does get some nice traction in the evenings.

Honestly I envy you guys whose families come out to the races with you (Ken, Brian, Dan etc).

Sorry for the whining.
its not considered that. we need to figure out a better schedule.

your comment last week basically sealed the deal on moving the start times for next year

" can i get my pic first i have a very long ride"

that basically told me that i needed to make a change. this change will be for next year.,

as for this race it is a double points race and awards/ Money payout. So we had always planned it to start earlier. i only posted about the change to start and feel out next year. This year has had its ups and downs. Attendance up and down too. we went from having 3 track around us to 7. We are looking at ways to increase and make the race days more enjoyable.

again i welcome all feedback. but in the end not everyone can be happy and someone like me has to be the bad guy/ ")
Old 08-20-2013, 06:47 AM
Tech Master

what is the feedback for going to sunday's? in 2014
Old 08-20-2013, 06:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team T2C
its not considered that. we need to figure out a better schedule.

your comment last week basically sealed the deal on moving the start times for next year

" can i get my pic first i have a very long ride"

that basically told me that i needed to make a change. this change will be for next year.,

as for this race it is a double points race and awards/ Money payout. So we had always planned it to start earlier. i only posted about the change to start and feel out next year. This year has had its ups and downs. Attendance up and down too. we went from having 3 track around us to 7. We are looking at ways to increase and make the race days more enjoyable.

again i welcome all feedback. but in the end not everyone can be happy and someone like me has to be the bad guy/ ")
See...my bad. I was just hoping I could get an early photo instead of late because of the drive...I was seeing like another 30 min for the photos to get organized and actually get to eBuggy at the end. Maybe it took 5 min and I'm just a tool. Honestly the only other time I remember photos being taken was at the end of the points series...I didn't know what to do with myself...didn't even have my car.

I really enjoy the racing and the crowd...I'm happy to drive as far as I do and to stay late...it was me urging you to do another round earlier in the evening as well so I was asking to be there that late. If I'm going to haul myself down there I want to get as much track time in as I can, thus the masochist in me is going to run 3 classes this weekend if the wheelers show up.

I'll be there on Saturday, got to donate my cash to the better drivers. Just hoping to get some points for the series.
Old 08-20-2013, 06:53 AM
Tech Elite

what is the feedback for going to sunday's? in 2014
What time? LOL Evening would be tough as I need my sleep for work.
Old 08-20-2013, 06:54 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Grasschopper
What time? LOL Evening would be tough as I need my sleep for work.
i am thinking about 9am practice starts

12 noon starts
Old 08-20-2013, 07:11 AM
Tech Elite

i am thinking about 9am practice starts

12 noon starts
Similar to the Bumps schedule so I guess that works for me.
Old 08-20-2013, 07:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

I know I won't come on Sundays. And I think for Saturday races it should start at 3 so we can get done before dark
Old 08-20-2013, 09:16 AM
Tech Master

Hey John just wanted to let you know my b4 is sold
Old 08-20-2013, 09:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

I'm def. out this Saturday then.
If y'all run en evening race lmk...ill hit that up.but my son has all his football games on Saturdays.
Maybe if there is enough time ill drive down just to get out of the house and check out the track.just depends on long his game will last.
Old 08-20-2013, 10:18 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Revo Dan
Hey John just wanted to let you know my b4 is sold
Yea thats good, I should have said I was going to pass...sorry bout that. Glad you sold it quickly.

If anyone is looking for stuff...I'm going to have stuff for sale. LOL

ProTek P-8 Hauler is still for sale and I am going to sell my Caster EX1.5r eBuggy roller as well (not the eBuggy I've been running). Could even be talked out of my NIB Viper VTX8 esc.
Old 08-20-2013, 10:30 AM
Tech Master

No prob. Just letting you know. Also how much for the viper?im thinking of getting back into 1/8
Old 08-20-2013, 10:41 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Revo Dan
No prob. Just letting you know. Also how much for the viper?im thinking of getting back into 1/8
Shot you a PM.
Old 08-20-2013, 01:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 104 (100%+)

here are some new parts im selling dont feel like spending more to convert
95 obo.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...l#post12467098
also have big bore ae buggy shocks if anyone is interested would like to get around 80 obo for them
and just to clarify this weekend track will open at 9 and racing start at 12?
any increase in entry fee due to the cash payout?
Old 08-20-2013, 06:10 PM
Tech Master

everyone just letting you know this is the second to last points race, We have this weekend double points, and cash payback. And then the make up race that got rained out this was supposed to be the championship race that was rescheduled from June
Old 08-20-2013, 07:25 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default 2014 Schedule

Not a big fan of the Sunday option and I know Tim will be out. He heads back to the city mid afternoon Sundays to get things lined up for the work week. But, do what pleases the masses and the others will deal one way or another. As far as the earlier start times, sure it would be nice to be able to see better, but everyone knows how hard it is to keep moisture in the track. Through the heat of the day it can be mud to dust in 20 minutes or so. For me I like the evening/night traction! Sure, you can learn to drive a dry dusty track but 281 is a hoot when the sun goes down! OK, I'm done.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.