Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree18Likes

TRF414M, 404x, 414, 414X

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2003, 03:44 AM
Tech Master

Just wondering... why do you hate WRX STI? I think it's a great car.... I enjoyed watching Rally race very much, and still do. Subaru is looking promising with Peter Soberg behind the STI...

I thought Mistubishi dropped out the Rally race? I wonder why? They did so well for soooooo many years.
Old 11-09-2003, 03:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by TRF-Powered
Just wondering... why do you hate WRX STI? I think it's a great car.... I enjoyed watching Rally race very much, and still do. Subaru is looking promising with Peter Soberg behind the STI...

I thought Mistubishi dropped out the Rally race? I wonder why? They did so well for soooooo many years.
Heheheee..... Mitsu/Ralliart dropped out this year only because they wanted to a major development on the EVO VII. Next year will be very competative.

I hate sti because i own a ralliart

Trust me Mitsu next year will kick ass. Only i dont know who will be driving the other car next year because they only confirmed one driver for now
Old 11-09-2003, 03:59 AM
Tech Master

So Mistu is not coming out with VIII for next year? Instead just using the VII which is ava. right now?

I love all rally cars... don't really have any bias on any maker of a rally machine.

But If i'm going to buy a sports rally car right now... I would put the money on the STI. To me it just looks better, espeically the interior. They have the two-tone seats and STI stiched on the seat. And it looks very beefy!

Also, Mistu has 5 speed for the Evo right now, and STI have 6 speed. I don't think there is not that much of different, as long as the car is gear properly, 5 speed or 6 speed really doesn't make that much of difference. But having 6 speed... just sound and feel sportier.. and speedier... ...
Old 11-09-2003, 04:16 AM
Tech Regular

So Mistu is not coming out with VIII for next year? Instead just using the VII which is ava. right now?

I love all rally cars... don't really have any bias on any maker of a rally machine.

But If i'm going to buy a sports rally car right now... I would put the money on the STI. To me it just looks better, espeically the interior. They have the two-tone seats and STI stiched on the seat. And it looks very beefy!

Also, Mistu has 5 speed for the Evo right now, and STI have 6 speed. I don't think there is not that much of different, as long as the car is gear properly, 5 speed or 6 speed really doesn't make that much of difference. But having 6 speed... just sound and feel sportier.. and speedier... ...
Hi there
Actually the EVO 8 has been out for a year already.
Mitsu just revealed a stop-gap EVO 8 MR, which will prob get the nickname EVO 8.5 once it hits the streets.
The EVO 8 sold in Japan and Asia does have a 6 speed box, only the American version dun, and it comes with a heavy front crash box.

Last I checked, the STi sold in the States has a 2.2 litre engine, while the JDM has a 2.0, 200cc is a useful boost

The STi may have a 6 speed box BUT Rexs are known to have more fragile boxes compared to the EVO. Then again, that boxer engine does sound better imho compared to the 4G63.

Ok, back to toy cars before someone complains

Cheers
Old 11-09-2003, 04:21 AM
Tech Master

so the lancer that is being sold right now in the US is the Lancer EvoVIII??? I thought it's VII? humm!
Old 11-09-2003, 04:23 AM
Tech Master

Ralliart team is using the EVO VII body anyway but im sure they will use the technology that has been poured on the EVO VIII.

Techinically a straigh 4 produces more power than a boxer engine. Hence subaru increasing the displacement from 2.0L to 2.2L. The only advantage of the Boxer is that it produces a good amount of torque compared to the straigh 4. I know my enemies

The EVO VIII is a 6 speed manual already and packs hella lot of HP compared to the rest of the EVO's well by a bit especially the torque. The WRX may have the sounds but silence is a killer. When my VII comes around next year ill show what HP is all about. heheheeee........
Old 11-09-2003, 04:28 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by NightKidZ
Hi there
Actually the EVO 8 has been out for a year already.
Mitsu just revealed a stop-gap EVO 8 MR, which will prob get the nickname EVO 8.5 once it hits the streets.
The EVO 8 sold in Japan and Asia does have a 6 speed box, only the American version dun, and it comes with a heavy front crash box.

Last I checked, the STi sold in the States has a 2.2 litre engine, while the JDM has a 2.0, 200cc is a useful boost

The STi may have a 6 speed box BUT Rexs are known to have more fragile boxes compared to the EVO. Then again, that boxer engine does sound better imho compared to the 4G63.

Ok, back to toy cars before someone complains

Cheers
The EVO VII MR is the best evolutions there is the name says it all MR. Mitsubishi Racing, more carbon fibre and aluminium and revised head lamps HIDS and not to mention the OZ Racing rims and hold up, more torque.

The 4g63 is the most developed engine there is, mistusbishi has been using this motor since the late 80's on the Galant VR4 and until now its the heart of the evolution.

As i said the EVO dont boast with sounds action kills louder than sounds in car terms.
Old 11-09-2003, 01:44 PM
Tech Addict

Ha haaa, seems to me tamiya are a little late, they're only at Evo 3
Old 11-09-2003, 02:31 PM
Tech Adept

lololol...a whole army of laughing green circles!
Old 11-09-2003, 02:42 PM

the 415 does look good

but we dont know until it wins the world championship

i dunno i just might buy a bunch of used 414mII's lol
Old 11-09-2003, 02:59 PM
Tech Addict

Yeah, if the 415 is not world champion, then nobody will buy it because it will mean it sucks
Old 11-09-2003, 03:04 PM
Tech Adept

Yeah I'm just gonna wait for the TRF 415WCR...hehehehe.

how come you can do the eurocup Fabien?
Old 11-09-2003, 03:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Post Need a bit of help

Hi all.

this is my first post and already i have unhappy news. please help me
I have recently purchased a trf414m. everything was great until i started to run it (just on my driveway). it seems that a lot of little stones get wedged in between the spur and the pinion, which really dents and damages the spur . how do you guys protect yourselves from this? I cant see my driveway being too dirty compared with the outdoor asphalt tracks that the car was designed for. it seems worse when i actually attach the body to the car, as even bigger stones get caught!
thanks in advance
Old 11-09-2003, 03:34 PM

you can switch to 48 pitch

i dunno i was thinking of putting some sort of plastic to cover it but i couldnt think of any good place mount it
Old 11-09-2003, 03:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

sorry for sounding really stupid, but what is 48 pitch?
last time i was with r/c cars, was with hotshots and ta02's! so i really dont understand a lot of the terms like rollout, roll centre, etc... especially with all these adjustments available on the trf414m, i really am lost with setting up this car

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.