Tamiya TB-Evolution III

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tamiya TB-Evolution III

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2004, 10:16 AM
Tech Rookie

"Chassis plate is new, mounting points for new gearbox is different so these parts cannot be retrofitted to TBe3."

Are the gearboxes "on piece", or can we just mount them in the holes that the Evo III has and pray the diff and one-way fit.

Hefty
Old 07-15-2004, 10:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: transponder holder

Originally posted by jeffreylin
evo4 comes with a plastic transponder mount piece that you are supposed to tape on your servo. Which means that you will be able to buy it as evo4 part when it becomes available. I'd say just tape the actual transponder on the servo.
i think thats the one that comes with the TB-02... just a piece of plastic with the "tamiya" logo, with a hole on the end, meant to tape to the top of the servo.
Old 07-16-2004, 10:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

why? tape falls off after a while or a hard hit.

if you're using the big handout transponders, get a LONG body pin that goes through both posts, some fuel line between the posts, and voila... an upfront transponder holder that fits perfect and doesn't fall off.
Old 07-16-2004, 10:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

hey guys...totally off left field here... I was reading RCCar mag and they had an article on roll center.... just trying to make sure I'm understanding right...correct me if I'm wrong...

IF, track has high traction ... you should go high roll center with softer springs and harder antiroll bars.

IF, track has low traction(dusty) ... you should go low roll center with harder springs and softer antiroll bars.
Old 07-16-2004, 11:00 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally posted by Aluma
hey guys...totally off left field here... I was reading RCCar mag and they had an article on roll center.... just trying to make sure I'm understanding right...correct me if I'm wrong...

IF, track has high traction ... you should go high roll center with softer springs and harder antiroll bars.

IF, track has low traction(dusty) ... you should go low roll center with harder springs and softer antiroll bars.
is the article online? id like to read it also.
Old 07-16-2004, 09:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Talking acer bearings

just to let you all know, i replace the SE Tamiya bearings with Acer Ceramics - WOW!! what a difference!!

can't wait to get out there are race her next weekend!
Old 07-17-2004, 08:10 AM
WC
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally posted by heftybone
"Chassis plate is new, mounting points for new gearbox is different so these parts cannot be retrofitted to TBe3."

Are the gearboxes "on piece", or can we just mount them in the holes that the Evo III has and pray the diff and one-way fit.

Hefty
The alloy gearbox comes in several pieces bolted together.

It bolts to the chassis via 3 holes, vs 4.

Somehow I suspect by the time it becomes available as a sparepart, it probably won't be cheap. Probably more worthwhile to just get a whole new EvoIV kit.
Old 07-19-2004, 04:20 AM
Tech Initiate

Default steering

I would like to know what is the centre distance between the two steering post.

Thanks
Old 07-20-2004, 05:08 PM
DJB
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Hey tamiyadriver a few replies ago in this forum you said there was a transponder mount for the tb-02. what is the part number for that particular part??
Old 07-20-2004, 07:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

let me see if i can find the manual... its on a parts tree. ill post later when i find...
Old 07-21-2004, 09:19 AM
Tech Adept

Default tb evo manual

does any body know where i can download tb evo 3 sl manual? any tips on gearing for 23t and 8turn motor
Old 07-22-2004, 09:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Post one way gears

does anybody have any new one way gears (the older, thin style) that they'd be willing to trade for NIP one way gears (the thicker style)? the thicker one way gears won't fit in the gearbox when I mount it on the Jurgen one way or his spool!!

thanks in advance

vic
Old 07-22-2004, 09:38 PM
Tech Regular

Default one way

Sorry I can't help you there but what you can do is make one-way gears out of ball diff gears. To do this you need enlarge the hole in the middle to fit the one-way. People use a reamer to ream the hole bigger, but it's hard to center the hole perfectly which often leads to tight spots in the drivetrain. If you have access to a machine shop it's the best method to accurately make the hole. You also need to drill 2 extra holes for the screws but that's easy.

Also, we found the new thicker one-way gears to be just as bad as the old ones.... the material feels too soft... arghhh!

I tried mounting an extra 6x12 bearing in the front plastic center piece and it significantly reduced driveshaft wobble and the amount of strippage. I took this for granted, I wish I knew about this earlier!
Old 07-22-2004, 10:00 PM
Tech Regular

why not boil the one way gears? Ive read it somewhere that it makes it more durable and less brittle but i think it only works for nylon though
Old 07-22-2004, 10:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: one way

Originally posted by Aurra Sing

Also, we found the new thicker one-way gears to be just as bad as the old ones.... the material feels too soft... arghhh!

i stripped the new ones just as easily too!!

I will try making the holes bigger on the ball diff gears, that might just work. BTW, if I can get the screw holes dead on, it shouldn't matter if the middle hole is off a tad, i would think. the screws should hold it in position.

just a thought

also, how did you get the bearing to sit in the front plastic center piece? CA glue

thanks for the advice!!

vic

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.