Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree5Likes

Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2003, 08:17 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Dave, can you post some pictures of your blue xenon R2 please? You can post them here or in a pm to me...thank you sir
Old 10-14-2003, 08:37 PM
Tech Master

should i run the center one way?
Old 10-14-2003, 09:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by cHckbOY5
should i run the center one way?
what surface are you running on and how good are you?
Old 10-14-2003, 09:23 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Herminator
what surface are you running on and how good are you?
Old 10-14-2003, 09:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
I will

-Dave
Old 10-14-2003, 09:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by cHckbOY5
Then you'll be better starting with a normal diff up front.
One ways make braking very difficult as you only get brakes at the rear, so it's like doing a handbrake turn all the time. I've never used a center one way, never bothered to buy one, because if I want a one way effect it would be from a one way diff, which I do use a lot outside. If I picked up a center one way cheap then I would use it along with the front one way, but never on it's own since you don't get many of the benifits of a front one way but you do get the downside of tricky braking.
Old 10-14-2003, 09:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Chuckboy5,

I would stay off the center one-way for now until you really get used to the car and understand how to set it up and the affect of the changes you make. Once you do that, then start putting on the center one-way and other hop-ups so you'll understand what each one has done for you.

Guys,

We got our alex shipment in today, and the website has been updated. I also got a few of the Xenon Racing conversion kit (stage 2) which includes a lower deck, upper deck, and drive system (similar to Pal) included. The chassis is 3mm thick, with the bulkhead, motor mount and steering post area reduced lower to provide a lower CG. I haven't update it online yet as I only have 2 of the blue conversion in. If anyone is interested, please email me.

Lastly, I know I've been on a long break since ROAR National earlier this year, and I apologize for not being able to provide much help or info on here (no race, no knowledge gained), A lot of people (KO, JDM, Herm, and many other) have kept this thread going well and provided great information and tips for these cars. Thanks guys! I'll be starting seriously racing again (I'm going mod. now with the R2 w/Xenon conversion kit) hopefully I can provide useful information once again.

Steve Wang
Old 10-14-2003, 09:37 PM
Tech Elite

Great to hear from you Steve, I'm sure those conversion kits will be gone very soon

Time to get back up to speed is it those Socal boys better be worried
Old 10-14-2003, 09:48 PM
Tech Champion

Hi Herm,

Yeah, after watching a full heat of Mod cars last Sunday...I am itching to drive! I won't be doing much SoCal, in fact, no one is doing SoCal lately. On their busy night (Sat. night) they are getting 5 heats. That's what happens when you don't listen to the racers and improve your race program, people go somewhere else to race.

Steve Wang
Old 10-14-2003, 10:01 PM
Tech Elite

5 heats and you're saying it's quiet
We're lucky if we get 3 heats that are reasonably full Although Ayrshire probably has a slightly smaller population
Old 10-14-2003, 10:21 PM
Tech Champion

Herm,

Let me put it in perspective for you. At this time last year, SoCal was getting 12-15 heats on Sat. night, and this time two years ago, they were pushing 20 heats. We didn't finish racing there until 1AM at times, now I think they usually finish around 10PM

Steve Wang
Old 10-14-2003, 10:31 PM
Tech Elite

We don't get that many at Scottish events, heck, most UK events don't even get close to 20 heats. There must be too many people with money to burn in your area

No wonder there are so many SoCal guys on this forum too
Surely it isn't that difficult for them to run a system that people like, we keep it simple, and no one tends to complain, not like they have much choice though
Old 10-14-2003, 10:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by SpeedTech
Chuckboy5,

I would stay off the center one-way for now until you really get used to the car and understand how to set it up and the affect of the changes you make. Once you do that, then start putting on the center one-way and other hop-ups so you'll understand what each one has done for you.

Guys,

We got our alex shipment in today, and the website has been updated. I also got a few of the Xenon Racing conversion kit (stage 2) which includes a lower deck, upper deck, and drive system (similar to Pal) included. The chassis is 3mm thick, with the bulkhead, motor mount and steering post area reduced lower to provide a lower CG. I haven't update it online yet as I only have 2 of the blue conversion in. If anyone is interested, please email me.

Lastly, I know I've been on a long break since ROAR National earlier this year, and I apologize for not being able to provide much help or info on here (no race, no knowledge gained), A lot of people (KO, JDM, Herm, and many other) have kept this thread going well and provided great information and tips for these cars. Thanks guys! I'll be starting seriously racing again (I'm going mod. now with the R2 w/Xenon conversion kit) hopefully I can provide useful information once again.

Steve Wang

Glad to see you back Steve..

now just start testing that Xenon Chassis

-Dave

Last edited by JDM_DOHC_SiR; 10-15-2003 at 12:45 AM.
Old 10-15-2003, 12:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by ImGoinRCn
Dave, can you post some pictures of your blue xenon R2 please? You can post them here or in a pm to me...thank you sir
OK I"ll get a picture up later ...
-Dave
Old 10-15-2003, 12:49 AM
Tech Master

is the xenon limited?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.