R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-14-2003, 09:17 PM   #5386
Regional Moderator
 
ImGoinRCn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Knoxville, Tennessee
Posts: 2,307
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to ImGoinRCn
Default

Dave, can you post some pictures of your blue xenon R2 please? You can post them here or in a pm to me...thank you sir
__________________
When all else fails, aim for the quarter panel.
Several oval and off road vehicles
and a legend car nicknamed Kidney Stone.
X Factory R/C SCX-60CF
X Factory R/C X-6
ImGoinRCn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 09:37 PM   #5387
Tech Master
 
cHckbOY5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 1,057
Send a message via AIM to cHckbOY5
Default

should i run the center one way?
cHckbOY5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 10:21 PM   #5388
Tech Elite
 
Herminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: England
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via ICQ to Herminator
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by cHckbOY5
should i run the center one way?
what surface are you running on and how good are you?
Herminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 10:23 PM   #5389
Tech Master
 
cHckbOY5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 1,057
Send a message via AIM to cHckbOY5
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Herminator
what surface are you running on and how good are you?
newbie
cHckbOY5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 10:25 PM   #5390
Tech Elite
 
Herminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: England
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via ICQ to Herminator
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
I will

-Dave
Herminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 10:29 PM   #5391
Tech Elite
 
Herminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: England
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via ICQ to Herminator
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by cHckbOY5
newbie
Then you'll be better starting with a normal diff up front.
One ways make braking very difficult as you only get brakes at the rear, so it's like doing a handbrake turn all the time. I've never used a center one way, never bothered to buy one, because if I want a one way effect it would be from a one way diff, which I do use a lot outside. If I picked up a center one way cheap then I would use it along with the front one way, but never on it's own since you don't get many of the benifits of a front one way but you do get the downside of tricky braking.
Herminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 10:30 PM   #5392
Tech Champion
 
SpeedTech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 6,028
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Chuckboy5,

I would stay off the center one-way for now until you really get used to the car and understand how to set it up and the affect of the changes you make. Once you do that, then start putting on the center one-way and other hop-ups so you'll understand what each one has done for you.

Guys,

We got our alex shipment in today, and the website has been updated. I also got a few of the Xenon Racing conversion kit (stage 2) which includes a lower deck, upper deck, and drive system (similar to Pal) included. The chassis is 3mm thick, with the bulkhead, motor mount and steering post area reduced lower to provide a lower CG. I haven't update it online yet as I only have 2 of the blue conversion in. If anyone is interested, please email me.

Lastly, I know I've been on a long break since ROAR National earlier this year, and I apologize for not being able to provide much help or info on here (no race, no knowledge gained), A lot of people (KO, JDM, Herm, and many other) have kept this thread going well and provided great information and tips for these cars. Thanks guys! I'll be starting seriously racing again (I'm going mod. now with the R2 w/Xenon conversion kit) hopefully I can provide useful information once again.

Steve Wang
__________________
>>>www.SpeedtechHobbies.com<<<
SpeedTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 10:37 PM   #5393
Tech Elite
 
Herminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: England
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via ICQ to Herminator
Default

Great to hear from you Steve, I'm sure those conversion kits will be gone very soon

Time to get back up to speed is it those Socal boys better be worried
Herminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 10:48 PM   #5394
Tech Champion
 
SpeedTech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 6,028
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Hi Herm,

Yeah, after watching a full heat of Mod cars last Sunday...I am itching to drive! I won't be doing much SoCal, in fact, no one is doing SoCal lately. On their busy night (Sat. night) they are getting 5 heats. That's what happens when you don't listen to the racers and improve your race program, people go somewhere else to race.

Steve Wang
__________________
>>>www.SpeedtechHobbies.com<<<
SpeedTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 11:01 PM   #5395
Tech Elite
 
Herminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: England
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via ICQ to Herminator
Default

5 heats and you're saying it's quiet
We're lucky if we get 3 heats that are reasonably full Although Ayrshire probably has a slightly smaller population
Herminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 11:21 PM   #5396
Tech Champion
 
SpeedTech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 6,028
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Herm,

Let me put it in perspective for you. At this time last year, SoCal was getting 12-15 heats on Sat. night, and this time two years ago, they were pushing 20 heats. We didn't finish racing there until 1AM at times, now I think they usually finish around 10PM

Steve Wang
__________________
>>>www.SpeedtechHobbies.com<<<
SpeedTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 11:31 PM   #5397
Tech Elite
 
Herminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: England
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via ICQ to Herminator
Default


We don't get that many at Scottish events, heck, most UK events don't even get close to 20 heats. There must be too many people with money to burn in your area

No wonder there are so many SoCal guys on this forum too
Surely it isn't that difficult for them to run a system that people like, we keep it simple, and no one tends to complain, not like they have much choice though
Herminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 11:46 PM   #5398
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by SpeedTech
Chuckboy5,

I would stay off the center one-way for now until you really get used to the car and understand how to set it up and the affect of the changes you make. Once you do that, then start putting on the center one-way and other hop-ups so you'll understand what each one has done for you.

Guys,

We got our alex shipment in today, and the website has been updated. I also got a few of the Xenon Racing conversion kit (stage 2) which includes a lower deck, upper deck, and drive system (similar to Pal) included. The chassis is 3mm thick, with the bulkhead, motor mount and steering post area reduced lower to provide a lower CG. I haven't update it online yet as I only have 2 of the blue conversion in. If anyone is interested, please email me.

Lastly, I know I've been on a long break since ROAR National earlier this year, and I apologize for not being able to provide much help or info on here (no race, no knowledge gained), A lot of people (KO, JDM, Herm, and many other) have kept this thread going well and provided great information and tips for these cars. Thanks guys! I'll be starting seriously racing again (I'm going mod. now with the R2 w/Xenon conversion kit) hopefully I can provide useful information once again.

Steve Wang

Glad to see you back Steve..

now just start testing that Xenon Chassis

-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC

Last edited by JDM_DOHC_SiR; 10-15-2003 at 01:45 AM.
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 01:47 AM   #5399
Tech Champion
 
JDM_DOHC_SiR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 9,070
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by ImGoinRCn
Dave, can you post some pictures of your blue xenon R2 please? You can post them here or in a pm to me...thank you sir
OK I"ll get a picture up later ...
-Dave
__________________
Ȼ4.5 Centro+α ◊ TRF 501ӽ ◊ TRF 502ӽs ◊ TRF 503 ◊ TRF 511 ◊ TRF 201ӽr ◊ TRF 211ӽ
B5m ◊ T5m ◊SC5m ◊ B64deez nutz
Speedway PAL ◊ SDRC ◊ Shop UFO ◊ SMC
JDM_DOHC_SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 01:49 AM   #5400
Tech Master
 
cHckbOY5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 1,057
Send a message via AIM to cHckbOY5
Default

is the xenon limited?
cHckbOY5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WTB Alex Racing Barracuda R2 & R3 Funkymojo R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 3 02-03-2007 01:00 PM
alex racing barracuda con81 Electric On-Road 1 12-14-2005 03:36 AM
WTT: Alex Racing Barracuda R2 for PS2 AZ_Ron Other Items: For Sale/Trade or Wanted to Buy 0 02-13-2005 07:30 PM
Alex Racing Barracuda R3-New. rcracing1973 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 04-11-2004 08:29 AM
Alex Racing Barracuda Bugs Bunny Singapore R/C Racers 6 01-22-2003 11:47 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:58 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net