Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Tamiya TRF415

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2005, 07:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

hey does anyone know that can TRF 415 MS pivot block used in TB EVO 4 MS kits? does there any hop up that can used on TB EVO 4 also can used on TRF 415 ? thanks
Old 02-11-2005, 09:54 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by Guo Chean
hey does anyone know that can TRF 415 MS pivot block used in TB EVO 4 MS kits? does there any hop up that can used on TB EVO 4 also can used on TRF 415 ? thanks
The Evo4MS is not released yet, so nobody will know for sure, but the stock Evo 4 blocks are 1mm higher than the MS or 415 blocks.
Old 02-11-2005, 09:56 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by TryHard
Randy, some of the guys over here in the uk have been discussing with Fibre-lyte about a 2mm chassis for outdoor (also including a few minor improvements, like exteneded droop "ears"), it might come to fruition some time soon, depending on the amount of interest around.

HiH
Ed
That would be awesome if Fibre-lyte produced it, they are really high quality, and I wouldnt mind paying extra for quality.
Old 02-12-2005, 03:42 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Alright, I have talked to Jurgen about the aluminum spools, and come to a price. The spool he is going to make will be similar in shape to the Speedtech spool, but will be cut to allow driveshaft pin blades that he will also make for the 415 driveshafts. If we can get 10 spools ordered, the price will be $50 each, plus about $5 to ship. I'll take 2 or 3 for myself, so anyone else interested please PM me and we'll work out some details on this one. If you need extra blades, the price will be $3 a pair.
Old 02-12-2005, 06:01 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Randy Caster
Alright, I have talked to Jurgen about the aluminum spools, and come to a price. The spool he is going to make will be similar in shape to the Speedtech spool, but will be cut to allow driveshaft pin blades that he will also make for the 415 driveshafts. If we can get 10 spools ordered, the price will be $50 each, plus about $5 to ship. I'll take 2 or 3 for myself, so anyone else interested please PM me and we'll work out some details on this one. If you need extra blades, the price will be $3 a pair.
WOW...that's cheaper than his diffs!
Old 02-12-2005, 07:23 PM
Tech Elite

Pin blades? Are those suppose to fit over the stock CVD's?
Old 02-12-2005, 08:50 PM
Tech Rookie

Default 415MS foam/carpet setup

I just got back from the track, and I came up with a killer foam tire carpet setup for the 415MS that I thought that I would share. I know people say that this car is the wrong car for carpet, but I just got mine dialed in, and it was totaly hooked up. I used the HPI pro4 steering knuckles so that the 28mm foams would work. You have to use the axles from the non-MS 415 for the pro4 knuckles to work and you use the 46mm MS bones. I also used Losi 6 degree caster blocks. The hinge pin hole has to be drilled out, but other than that they work perfectly and are far stronger than the Tamiya ones. FRONT---- 55wt. oil, Associated purple springs, shocks in middle hole on arm and one in from the outside on the tower, no spacers under the front camber link, A bridge, A front block flipped upside down to lower the front of the arms( the front of the arms sit lower than the back), 2mm spacer in front of the arm on the hinge pin, steering rack lowered all the way, akerman ball studs raised 4mm, rear hole in pro4 steering knuckles for turnbuckle, 2mm droop, 1 degree toe out, Purple/Orange Jaco wheels at 58mm, front Yokomo diff. loose, center direct pulley, no sway bar. REAR---50wt. oil, Associated copper springs, shocks in middle hole on arm and outer on tower, 1X front block raised 1mm, D block on rear flat on chassis, 1degree hubs reversed( Left on right, Right on left), 3mm spacer in front of rear arm on hinge pin, 2mm spacer under inner camber link, 1mm spacer under outer in middle hole on hub, 4mm droop, diff. loose, Purple Jaco's, 0.5mm spacer on hex, Mazda 6 slammed.
This setup worked awesome for stock racing on a tight track. Very smooth and predictable. TRC foams were a little looser on the track. The car handles flawlessly with this setup for a car designed for asphault. The car handled better on carpet than the Xrays even!
Old 02-12-2005, 11:21 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by Neil Rabara
Pin blades? Are those suppose to fit over the stock CVD's?
Yes, just like the XRay or Corally ones, only these will fit the Tamiya.

The price is cheap if we get 10 people, so far I have 3 spools sold, so we need 7 more takers.
Old 02-12-2005, 11:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

The price is cheap if we get 10 people, so far I have 3 spools sold, so we need 7 more takers.
I`ll get 2 Randy.. PM if you have more details... because if these teflon blades what I think they are I can get a bunch of them since TECH Racing makes some now too.
count me in
-Dave
Old 02-13-2005, 01:53 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

From what Jürgen told me the Xray blades won´t work very good with the Tamiya driveshafts but the Corally are the ones he used during development of his diffs.

Randy
Is the spool made from steel or aluminium? I think aluminium.
Have to talk to Jürgen soon.
Old 02-13-2005, 08:50 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by V12
From what Jürgen told me the Xray blades won´t work very good with the Tamiya driveshafts but the Corally are the ones he used during development of his diffs.

Randy
The Corraly Blades are a perfect fit for the Tamiya dog bones. The Xray ones will fit but they don't fit correctly and will probably fly off as you are running.
Old 02-13-2005, 08:51 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally posted by V12

Randy
The spools are made out of aluminum. We need 3 more takers to get them at $50 each.
Old 02-13-2005, 11:23 AM
s2
Tech Adept

Default well heres a question i dont really want to ask :(......

sadly it looks like i have to sell my 415, but am not sure of how much it is worth and would like your advice

i would be selling....

415 Chassis (ms towers, ceramic bulkhead bearuings, re-enforced diff joints, white belts, heatsink beam, belt stabiliser, Ti screws on upper of car (steel on the underside), Ti turn-buckles, running hwt susp and locked layshaft).
Lwt susp.
1way/spool/diff (and 46mm shafts for use with hwt susp).
spair shock towers.
spair normal diff halves with shields.
spair wishbones.
spair uj parts.
and other spairs (diff parts/bearings/screws/spacers etc).
tamiya hard tuned spring kit.
mazda 6 shell used twice.

im really bad at pricing things so any guide to asking price would be apprechiated

thanks
Old 02-13-2005, 11:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

give you £50 the lot....

Oh and congrats on "your thing" stew

had a good day today, car felt awesome after changing to the roll bars, might have had a smidge to much steering, but to be honest most of my problems came from poor driving (fancy that.... )

Later
Ed
Old 02-13-2005, 12:06 PM
Tech Master

so is the evo 4 suppose to better than 415?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.