Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Tamiya TRF415

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 10:42 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Tsquare
Question: Is the TA05 pully conversion worth while for running 19t?

Answer:

Any help is greatly appreciated.
If you plan to run low turn modified motors, it will be a benefit.
Old 07-16-2006, 10:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 107 (99%+)

I am running the TA05 pulleys and I cant find any advantage other than different gear ratios (2.225 vs stock 2.187) I have to switch back because TCS racing doesnt allow it.
Old 07-16-2006, 10:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default suitable motor for tt01

Originally Posted by Xanavi_R34
guys, thanks for the infos... It reallyhelped a lot... I run my tt01 in lotsa turns and less straight. aside from ss tz & ss rz, you think sport tuned is already enough? don't want to buy yet kasi new esc cause the stock one I have right now is still working fine. & Im also planning getting a trf415msx kit.. Can I ask you guys a question? which do you suggest me, should I get a tamiya nitro rc that costs 15000+ or that trf415msx that costs 24500? I want kasi my tt01 for stock races lang and the other kit that im going to get is for the high speed tracks.. So what you guys think?

dude, I suggest that you don;t use the ss rz for the tt01. the engine is too fast for the chassis, it can't takle it - loosening screws which will lead to the opening of the gear box compartment during runs, tires will wobble faster than usual if plastic bearings are being used, etc. I should know, I'm a beginner like you (two months) and I hopped up my tt01 with the ss rz and ecs! it's fast but...you know. I suggest you contact the TRRS (8242815), they provide good and solid advice for beginners (liek me)!
Old 07-16-2006, 10:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

what about sport tuned motor? Can I use this motor in my tt01 kit? you around makati? who will I look for when I contact the trrs?
Old 07-16-2006, 11:00 PM
Tech Rookie

guys, thanks for the infos... It reallyhelped a lot... I run my tt01 in lotsa turns and less straight. aside from ss tz & ss rz, you think sport tuned is already enough? don't want to buy yet kasi new esc cause the stock one I have right now is still working fine. & Im also planning getting a trf415msx kit.. Can I ask you guys a question? which do you suggest me, should I get a tamiya nitro rc that costs 15000+ or that trf415msx that costs 24500? I want kasi my tt01 for stock races lang and the other kit that im going to get is for the high speed tracks.. So what you guys think?
Hi,

Not sure what you're asking for here, but to answer your first question.
I ran a TT01 with stock ESC and TZ 23T motor for a year without any hassles, it doesn't have the punch at pull away like the higher end ESCs but once at speed it's fine. Stay away from the Sport Tuned motor as it will just be a waste of money. It's important that you upgrade your drivetrain though. You will need the Alu prop shaft and the bearing set. If you want even more speed then get the speed tuned gears.

My advise is to play with the TT01 to get the feel for RC but don't hop it up too much, it will work out cheaper in the end to buy a 415MSX.

There is a thread specially for TT01 if you want more info on it and the various hopups.
Old 07-16-2006, 11:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

what about sport tuned motor? Can I use this motor in my tt01 kit? you around makati? who will I look for when I contact the trrs?
I think the sport tuned motor is okay. I go to work at the area ortigas. The director of the TRRS is Allan Colico. I'm planning to get a one-on-one session wit him soon for rc racing, i think it's 1K from 10am - 3pm. I suggest you go to their track at park square 1, glorietta. There are a lot of beginners there like us with tt01 kits, you won't feel left out!
Old 07-16-2006, 11:10 PM
Tech Master

hello.

Ei, what do you mean by "it doesn't have the punch at pull away like the higher end ESCs but once at speed it's fine." Right they say it can destroy the stock esc if you use the tz or rz motor? my drive train are already upgraded plus im using alu prop shaft already and ball set. the one thing that you said, that I should not go too much on hop ups on tt01, I can't do that, cause i've already hopped it up till the last of it. the only problem for me now is which motor to use and what esc to use. *I admit, I was so in a hurry that I hopped up my tt01 and at the end I regretted it.
Old 07-16-2006, 11:16 PM
Tech Master

alecladanga, What do you mean you're going to get one on one session with allan colico? I know that guy, I met him na at the ps1 during the 2nd to the last race of the Philippine rc something. You pay him just to race with him 1 on 1? you think sport tuned is okay right? Im going to get one nga one later at lils.. I run my rc by the way at ps1 parking lot, roof top... This weekend ba there will be a race or fun race whatsoever? what time? (Sorry if I have too many questions, I just really want to know everything about the rc world...)
Old 07-16-2006, 11:22 PM
Tech Master

Guys, got ot go, thank you so much to all of your comments & suggestions! It really helped me. Talk to you guys next time or see you at parksquare1 this weekend....
Old 07-16-2006, 11:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

alecladanga, What do you mean you're going to get one on one session with allan colico? I know that guy, I met him na at the ps1 during the 2nd to the last race of the Philippine rc something. You pay him just to race with him 1 on 1? you think sport tuned is okay right? Im going to get one nga one later at lils.. I run my rc by the way at ps1 parking lot, roof top... This weekend ba there will be a race or fun race whatsoever? what time? (Sorry if I have too many questions, I just really want to know everything about the rc world...)
Hey bro, what I mean is that for guys like us (not kids), we have to call him to get a one-one-one session on how to race r/c, proper driving, tips on setting up. I met him I think 2 - 3 weekends ago at speed zone and he gave me a 30 minute free lecture on r/c driving. there are proper classes for rc driving, but you'll be with kids and with kids, it's usually takes a lot longer for them to get certain teachings, that's why we have to call hime and get a one-on-one session. yeah, spoted tuned is good for tt01, I forgot, however, what allan told me the best engine for tt01 though. i don't know if there will be a race there this sunday though, not really sure. I know what you mean by hopping up the tt01, it's quite cheaper to buy the tt01r because that's race ready na (for beginners). we bought our tt01 kits one month early i guess. but it's all worth it.
Old 07-16-2006, 11:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by flashvc
Hi,

Not sure what you're asking for here, but to answer your first question.
I ran a TT01 with stock ESC and TZ 23T motor for a year without any hassles, it doesn't have the punch at pull away like the higher end ESCs but once at speed it's fine. Stay away from the Sport Tuned motor as it will just be a waste of money. It's important that you upgrade your drivetrain though. You will need the Alu prop shaft and the bearing set. If you want even more speed then get the speed tuned gears.

My advise is to play with the TT01 to get the feel for RC but don't hop it up too much, it will work out cheaper in the end to buy a 415MSX.

There is a thread specially for TT01 if you want more info on it and the various hopups.
Thanks for the advice! i'll definitely save up for the 415msx then!
Old 07-17-2006, 08:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Does anyone know if Tamiya has released the alum front diff halves for the 415...unable to locate the release / part number on the website
Old 07-17-2006, 08:40 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Carl Giordano
Does anyone know if Tamiya has released the alum front diff halves for the 415...unable to locate the release / part number on the website
the last report I had was they're delayed until further notice, so it could be a while.
Old 07-17-2006, 08:41 AM
Tech Regular

opps it posted twice sorry
Old 07-17-2006, 08:47 AM
Tech Master

oh, I see... So allan colico teaches you how to drive an rc car for 1k? that's cool... Ei, bro, can you teach me how to get to pasig race track? the one rc drivers are talking about when sometimes the race is not at the ps1. Dunno how to get there eh... raymond, and his friends are telling me to visit there sometimes but I really don't know how to get there... I bought my tt01 kasi late na eh.. The tt01r came just last week ata. sa lils, 2 lang ang nakikita ko pa lang... I wanted to buy that though but never mind... hehe...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.