Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 01:20 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TekinMan
I tried the 22 #55 2 hole mod and failed at it. Can the AE piston mod on the 22sct be used on the SCTE as well? If so, which mm? And is it the same piston for all 4 shocks?
No the ae pistons will not work for the scte as they are too large. The #55's with two holes glued shut is the easiest solution. It really isn't hard to do just make sure you have medium or thick ca(not thin) and ca accelerator.

http://losiracing.blogspot.ca/2012/0...e-pistons.html
Old 02-13-2013, 01:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

ok, sorry newbie here so have to clarify things. The AE piston set comes with a 1.6mm 2hole already but the 22 #55 mod requires the glueing of 2 holes then drilling the remaining 2 holes with a 1.6mm drill. Wont that make the hole the same size as the AE? or is the actual piston size too big to fit in the shock body?
Old 02-13-2013, 01:59 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

ok, sorry newbie here so have to clarify things. The AE piston set comes with a 1.6mm 2hole already but the 22 #55 mod requires the glueing of 2 holes then drilling the remaining 2 holes with a 1.6mm drill. Wont that make the hole the same size as the AE? or is the actual piston size too big to fit in the shock body?
You don't drill the pistons for the SCTE. We run 2 #55 holes. (about 1.3mm)
Old 02-13-2013, 03:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Casper
You don't drill the pistons for the SCTE. We run 2 #55 holes. (about 1.3mm)
oh ok, sorry i mistook the link that was posted a few post back as the mod for the scte. I guess that mod is for the 22sct but the method on how to glue the holes is the same for the scte.

My bad, thank you.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

whats a good motor for the scte in the novak brand?
Old 02-13-2013, 03:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

oh ok, sorry i mistook the link that was posted a few post back as the mod for the scte. I guess that mod is for the 22sct but the method on how to glue the holes is the same for the scte.

My bad, thank you.
Yes Sir, you got it now.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:29 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by traxxasrockhead
whats a good motor for the scte in the novak brand?
I would go with the 550 balistic line. 4.5T
http://v2.teamnovak.com/products/ind...d88541dd410b2e
Old 02-13-2013, 03:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I never had an problem with the damping of the Ten shocks and not sure why I need the weight of the 8ight shocks. Also the 8ight shocks have springs for a 8 lbs car not a 6lb car.
Not that im arguing with you but this truck is not 6lbs...RTR with everything in the truck and i even have a few mods im still running high 6lb to 7lbs weight range. But ive had this truck for awhile and there really wasnt alot of stuff suspension(shock stuff) available at the time and there was a TON of 8ight stuff. I have had good luck with the 8ight shocks BUT you will spend alittle more for these parts and to make them work and would really like to go back to the stock shocks and see how it handles since its been so long from running the stock shocks but i would want the HA bodies and all the snazzy stuff like i have on my 8ight shocks on this truck now .

Plus at the time my LHS carried more 8ight stuff and NOW the electric is booming here and the nitro stuff is blah and hardly sells and doesnt carry any nitro stuff really and there is alot more support for the SCTE which is awesome so maybe 1 day i will try to get some stock shocks again...
Old 02-13-2013, 03:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

I would go with the 550 balistic line. 4.5T
http://v2.teamnovak.com/products/ind...d88541dd410b2e
thanks casper
Old 02-13-2013, 04:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TCCustoms
Not that im arguing with you but this truck is not 6lbs...RTR with everything in the truck and i even have a few mods im still running high 6lb to 7lbs weight range. But ive had this truck for awhile and there really wasnt alot of stuff suspension(shock stuff) available at the time and there was a TON of 8ight stuff. I have had good luck with the 8ight shocks BUT you will spend alittle more for these parts and to make them work and would really like to go back to the stock shocks and see how it handles since its been so long from running the stock shocks but i would want the HA bodies and all the snazzy stuff like i have on my 8ight shocks on this truck now .

Plus at the time my LHS carried more 8ight stuff and NOW the electric is booming here and the nitro stuff is blah and hardly sells and doesnt carry any nitro stuff really and there is alot more support for the SCTE which is awesome so maybe 1 day i will try to get some stock shocks again...
My truck is 6 lbs RTR. 4.5 lbs sans wheels body and battery. And that stuff is 1.5 lbs (I weighed them).
Old 02-13-2013, 04:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by traxxasrockhead
thanks casper
I run the Activ8 with the Ballistic 4.5 but the Havok x drive worked for me for a year as well.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grandturk
My truck is 6 lbs RTR. 4.5 lbs sans wheels body and battery. And that stuff is 1.5 lbs (I weighed them).
Mine too six on the nose...
Old 02-13-2013, 05:08 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by TCCustoms

I agree RTR out of the box it is close to 6.7lbs. My 2.0 and the 1.0 it replaces are hitting the track closer to 6.2 lbs. (really did no do anything special to the 2.0) If you guys are getting the 8ight shocks to work more power to you. I love the stock SCTE shock and have have extermely good luck with them. Not saying the 8ight ones are bad as they are great as well just don't see the need for the extra cost.
Old 02-13-2013, 05:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I agree RTR out of the box it is close to 6.7lbs. My 2.0 and the 1.0 it replaces are hitting the track closer to 6.2 lbs. (really did no do anything special to the 2.0) If you guys are getting the 8ight shocks to work more power to you. I love the stock SCTE shock and have have extermely good luck with them. Not saying the 8ight ones are bad as they are great as well just don't see the need for the extra cost.
Like i said, i wasnt bashing and i know you guys both race so you know more about doing some weight savings than me(the average person)...i was just saying even after some mods the weight didnt change much from box stock and thats even with a non-stock chassis. I was just pointing out that 1-2lbs difference is alot BUT at the same time its been so long since ive ran the stock shocks i would like to say that i cant knock them since i dont know them...wasnt out to start anything
Old 02-13-2013, 07:32 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Gene158
My tires are fine, I think I just need to do some more fine tuning. I will definitely try removing the front sway bar. What should I run for ride height front and rear?
27mm front and rear works great indoors and out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.