Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Novak GT7

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2002, 06:45 PM
Tech Adept

I race alot of offroad and thought I would post my review.
I was using the LRP quantum in my XXX buggy before getting this to try. I was perfectly happy with the LRP but thought I would just try something new.

After 4 weekends of use I have concluded that it's now my favorite speed controller. The throttle seems very smooth and linear yet still has plenty of punch. I've been running it with Peak Carreras ranging from 11x2 - 19x1. I've played with the settings about every other run. It is easy to operate and program. My lapstimes have been faster, and I think that's because I have slightly better control of the throttle.

Jared
Old 10-28-2002, 11:36 AM
jsp
Tech Regular

I have now run my GT7 twice. It works great. I do not like all the programs. I prefer the ability to use the Pit Wizard to customize your program. The Pit Wizard allows you to fine tune things like brakes, drive frequencies, and minimum drive, all independently and over a much wider range. The GT7 allows you to program just in narrows packages. This forces you to take a certain brake frequency if you want a certain drive frequency and no choice on minimum drives. If I was to change the GT7, it would be to add the Pit Wizard capability.
Old 10-28-2002, 12:46 PM
Tech Elite

I thought that individual settings were available on an "open" profile. You could change drive frequencies, etc. just like with the PW but without actually needing the over-priced external device. . .
Old 10-28-2002, 12:57 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by STLNLST
The higher freq will be smoother on the throtle which will give a feeling of less punch because you have to pull the trigger more to get it up to speed...where running the lower freq will have a feeling of more bottom end punch which will get you up to speed quicker with less trigger pull.
Thanks STLNLST!by the way as being smoother on the throttle trigger makes u have a lil bit of extra runtime....would selecting a lower freq will result in a lower runtime against the high freq assuming u have smooth throttle control when driving either freq??
Old 10-28-2002, 01:05 PM
jsp
Tech Regular

Boomer- Tuning the GT7 is nothing like the Pit Wizard. It is more like the preprogramed choices on a Cyclone with a little more versatility. It is nothing like a Pit Wizard. The speed control is great, I just like the tunabilty of the Pit Wizard. John
Old 10-28-2002, 01:10 PM
jsp
Tech Regular

Freshjive- I have tried frequencies below 1000 HZ. There is a lot of comm and brush burn down there. I have found frequencies from 2-4000 range offer great comm and brush life with great run time and smoothness with the SC remaining cool. John
Old 10-28-2002, 01:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by jsp
Boomer- Tuning the GT7 is nothing like the Pit Wizard. It is more like the preprogramed choices on a Cyclone with a little more versatility. It is nothing like a Pit Wizard. The speed control is great, I just like the tunabilty of the Pit Wizard. John
so what is and isn't adjustable onboard the GT7?

I see people saying that they adjust the drive frequencies and brake profiles. . .
Old 10-28-2002, 01:32 PM
jsp
Tech Regular

Yes it adjustable but in profiles more like profile 1, 2, and 3 on a Cyclone. You cannot adjust it infinately like a Pit Wizard. If you want a certain drive frequency, you look through the profile, select whatever is closest, and you get whatever brake frequency, minimum drive and so on that goes with it. With a Pit Wizard you can select drive frequency, brake frequency, minimum drive and so on independantly of each other for a totally custom profile. John
Old 10-28-2002, 01:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally posted by fReShJiVe
Thanks STLNLST!by the way as being smoother on the throttle trigger makes u have a lil bit of extra runtime....would selecting a lower freq will result in a lower runtime against the high freq assuming u have smooth throttle control when driving either freq??
IMO I feel that i have more runtime when I have more punch because I'm not pulling the trigger all of the time to get up to speed like I would have to do with a higher freq. We may have two differnt driving stlye's so what works for me may not work for you. I like being able to get out of a corner quickly if I have to and a lower drive freq gives me that little extra punch that I like. Play with different drive freq and see what you like best. Good luck.
Old 10-28-2002, 01:58 PM
Tech Elite

jsp, you can change all the stuff on the GT7 in the 7th profile. The other 6 are fixed profiles.
Old 10-28-2002, 05:03 PM
jsp
Tech Regular

The 7th profile is nothing like the 4th profile on a Cyclone. You have a few drive frequencies to choose from and once you choose that you have no choice on brake frequencies or minimum drives. This, clearly, is nowhere near as good as the Pit Wizard. John
Old 10-28-2002, 05:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

The 7th profile is picking different things from 1-6 and making a custom profile. it isnt adjustable like the tc2 on the pitwizard. That is what he is saying. there are no infinate minute adjustments. there are all the things that can be adjusted but just custom chose from profiles 1-6.
Old 11-03-2002, 05:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi guys.... i got a problem with the esc......
when i connect to the batt....the motor cannot move...and smoke came out of the capcitor...causing one of the wire to come out....

Wat shld i do?
Old 11-03-2002, 06:48 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Did you get the battery wires mixed up? If so, I'm afraid to say that your ESC is toast!
Old 11-03-2002, 07:22 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

no.... red to postive black to negative

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.