Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Novak GT7

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2003, 04:50 PM
Tech Adept

Default eliminate drag brake

i drive nitro and recently got into electric. I have a Novak GT7 and was wondering how to eliminate the drag brake so that my car can free roll or coast. Thanks, any help is appreciated
Old 01-30-2003, 05:52 PM
Tech Master

ilay- You can get it replaced with a remanufactured unit for $38 plus S&H. Complete details with the form you need are in the SERVICE section of www.teamnovak.com

warlord. The Dragbrake needs to be turned on in profile 7 to be active. You can turn it off in profile 7 also. But if you are not using on purpose, it should not be on. Reset the ESC and make sure the RED Led is on when your TX is in Neutral.

Email me if you need any further assistance or if you have new questions.

Thanks,
Charlie Suangka
Novak Electronics
949-833-8873
[email protected]
Old 02-01-2003, 10:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

thanks
Old 02-03-2003, 06:15 PM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up I love my GT-7

I have a GT-7 in my xxx-tmfe and it is great never a problem I run a 19 turn spec motor this combo rocks.

I do have a ? I want one for my xxx-ke I curently have a lrp v7.1 in but I have a ko-propo digital FET servo and the GT-7 has no FET (blue) wire can these work together if so how

Thanks for any help
Old 02-03-2003, 08:35 PM
CGR
Tech Regular

My GT7 glitched a but when it was in my T3 but no probs in my XXXT. Only complaint is the little tiny on/off switch is kinda hard to use and the nub of it broke off after a few weeks.
Old 02-05-2003, 10:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I've been using the GT7 for about 3 months now and it's awesome... I never had any problem with it... however, one of our friend who just got the GT7 and use it for 1 or 2 times got a problem with it... he run stock and after few laps, the car stalls... now steering too... after switching it of and rest for awhile, it works again... I have no idea...

As for me... it's still awesome and smooth esc..... my batt runtime increase too...

Old 02-05-2003, 10:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Talking gt7

Originally posted by dexter
I've been using the GT7 for about 3 months now and it's awesome... I never had any problem with it... however, one of our friend who just got the GT7 and use it for 1 or 2 times got a problem with it... he run stock and after few laps, the car stalls... now steering too... after switching it of and rest for awhile, it works again... I have no idea...

As for me... it's still awesome and smooth esc..... my batt runtime increase too...

I had a simular prob.. went to NOVAK and found that a ristor inside was bad ,so they replaced it , and now every thing is fine,fast, and running up front in the A main........
Old 02-05-2003, 11:06 PM
Tech Regular

Anyone,anyone ?

Old 02-06-2003, 12:41 AM
Tech Master

Racinraders.

I have had GT7s in both my car and my sons, and quite honestly never noticed that there is no 4th wire.

So as you say, one will have to go. You either keep the old fashioned 4 wire servo and ditch the GT7, or you replace the 4 wire with a 3 wire and keep the GT7.

I think you'll find it's cheaper to replace a servo.

I have never liked 4 wire servos. I just don't find the extra hassle necessary.

regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 02-06-2003, 07:46 AM
Tech Master

Depending on the servo, you can run the power off the battery pack. Check your Servo manual to make sure. You could even install a small wire to the power wire of the ESC. Email us directly if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Charlie Suangka
Novak Electronics
949-833-8873
[email protected]
Old 02-06-2003, 08:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Charlie,

I bought a GT7 and would like to know which prog is best for modified TC racing ?

and what prog do you advise for Carpet high grip - low grip ?

same question for Asphalt.

Regards,
Old 02-06-2003, 08:37 AM
Tech Master

Hi Ralf,

My son runs a GT7 in his TC3.

We have run it all this season in the modified class. I run a GT7 in my stock class Yoke MR4 Sp.

Programmes 1 and 2 are recommended for modified. We run ours on Programme 1 in the TC3. It seems to work OK. Josh has won all 8 rounds of the National championship to date with it, so there can't be much wrong with that programme.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 02-06-2003, 01:10 PM
Tech Master

It is pretty hard for us to make profile recomendations as there is no right or wrong profile, its all based on what feel you want. The mod profiles are realy close for mod. The more traction the more aggresive you can run the ESC, but some people don't like that so that's not the right answer for them. I would say start with the smothest and go from there to see what you like. I personally run mostly stock sedan when I run brushed motors and use profile 6 as it is the most aggressive. The profiles are basically in order but 7 is the smothest, then 1-6. Remeber the profiles don't make the ESC faster or slower, they change the way the "throttle feels" as you roll in and out of the power.

Please, if you have direct questions for us, email us. [email protected]

Thanks,
Charlie Suangka
Novak Electronics
949-833-8873
[email protected]
www.teamnovak.com
Old 02-06-2003, 01:17 PM
R/C Tech Founder

I am taking Charlie's advice, and emailing him right now.

You all should too!
Old 02-15-2003, 01:41 PM
Tech Master

Hey Charlie, any word on the optional heat sinks for the GT7?