Wiki Posts
Search

LRP SXX StockSpec V2 ESC

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2012, 01:59 PM
No9
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

What should have been done by Associated is to advertise the upgrade for non working units first,that way all the customers who have had useless units for some time could have there issues resolved first.
Then after a period of time customers with working units could send there`s in for upgrade ,this in my mind would have been a much better process.
There is a lot of complaining on here from people about turn around time ,spare a thought for those who have not had a working speed control.
I have three and because i live in Australia i can`t get free upgrades .
Old 10-08-2012, 02:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by No9
What should have been done by Associated is to advertise the upgrade for non working units first,that way all the customers who have had useless units for some time could have there issues resolved first.
Then after a period of time customers with working units could send there`s in for upgrade ,this in my mind would have been a much better process.
There is a lot of complaining on here from people about turn around time ,spare a thought for those who have not had a working speed control.
I have three and because i live in Australia i can`t get free upgrades .
If that's any consolation, LRP and Nosram v2 units have (quite logically) the same problem, and the first upgrade units just got out here in Switzerland (where wholesalers are close to Nosram/LRP)... I hope you'll get yours shortly.

Last edited by NicolasCH; 10-08-2012 at 03:30 PM.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:52 PM
AE-Reedy

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by reedy126
how it going guy my speedo is less then a yr and it work fine but won't allow me to change the setting on any of the modes how do i reset my speedo
You can hold the set button and turn the SC on, this will force the SC back to default settings.
If you cannot use the buttons it is possible there is dirt built up inside the SC.
Try removing the bottom and blowing out any dirt, then see if the buttons work.
Old 10-09-2012, 02:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Going to running this speed control with the x20 10.5 on a 12th scale with boost on a small track .
Any suggestions regarding settings and roll out would be great . I am going to start with a 55mm roll out . What do you guys think ?
Old 10-17-2012, 04:26 PM
Tech Initiate

Does any one know how to update the sxx mod+stock esc...? I have try to load firmware 4.0 on mod, and 4.4 on stock, but its doesnt work..
Old 10-17-2012, 04:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by zerocool77
Does any one know how to update the sxx mod+stock esc...? I have try to load firmware 4.0 on mod, and 4.4 on stock, but its doesnt work..
You can't, it's a completely new and different hardware, and they haven't released any firmware update (confirmed by a moderator on the lrp german forum). So for now, we're stuck with the 5 stock + 5 modified presets that come with the board...
Old 10-17-2012, 07:15 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by NicolasCH
You can't, it's a completely new and different hardware, and they haven't released any firmware update (confirmed by a moderator on the lrp german forum). So for now, we're stuck with the 5 stock + 5 modified presets that come with the board...
Is it? How long we need to wait? Coz now its really hard to use, coz we need to alert which profile that we use to run the esc... Sometime my x20 become really hots, until 138degree.. I use mode 3 profile 6... Its really fast, but the motor really hot, until can cook boil eggs if i throw the motor inside the water...
Old 10-17-2012, 09:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

So, The upgrade is Free from AE/LRP? Do I call AE for a RMA or just send it in and hope for the best? Also, is there a time limit as to how long AE/LRP will accept SSX V2's for a ?free? upgrade? I have two new in box that I bought not too long ago for my offroad cars...I would like to have peace of mind that mine will not suffer the fate some are experiencing.
Old 10-17-2012, 09:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Obsidian
So, The upgrade is Free from AE/LRP? Do I call AE for a RMA or just send it in and hope for the best? Also, is there a time limit as to how long AE/LRP will accept SSX V2's for a ?free? upgrade? I have two new in box that I bought not too long ago for my offroad cars...I would like to have peace of mind that mine will not suffer the fate some are experiencing.
http://www.teamassociated.com/news/a...tock_Upgrade!/

Fill in the form that is linked on the page above.
Send it in
Wait....
Wait....
Wait some more....
No Charge, except you pay for the shipping out to them. You will want to use a shipping service with a tracking number and insurance....

They are accepting them until December 10. (Not postmarked December 10....must be received at AE by December 10.....)

Oh, and you must be in North America for the AE upgrade. Outside of North America, I think you are stuck dealing with LRP directly.
Old 10-18-2012, 12:47 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by zerocool77
Is it? How long we need to wait? Coz now its really hard to use, coz we need to alert which profile that we use to run the esc... Sometime my x20 become really hots, until 138degree.. I use mode 3 profile 6... Its really fast, but the motor really hot, until can cook boil eggs if i throw the motor inside the water...
There's no indication of a release date for any software/firmware update. The answer from the "offical" LRP moderator was an answer to a person having trouble finding the right setting for his motor (too much or too little power situation with the stock vs. mod settings) which he used to achieve with his v2.

I'ev installed the upgrade board and will test (stock 10.5T) this weekend hopefully.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Looking for setup advice for the following please. Track indoor ozite, medium grip. Approximately 40 x 80 feet.

1. 10.5 boosted 12th scale, 1s, Nemesis motor

2. 13.5 boosted WGT, 1s, Nemesis motor

Any starting point would be of great help including rollout please!

Ivan
Old 10-18-2012, 02:06 PM
Tech Adept

Default V4.4

With the V4.4 firmware, does anyone have the timing advance figures for each setting? ie how many degrees of timing and boost?
Old 10-20-2012, 05:13 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by NicolasCH
There's no indication of a release date for any software/firmware update. The answer from the "offical" LRP moderator was an answer to a person having trouble finding the right setting for his motor (too much or too little power situation with the stock vs. mod settings) which he used to achieve with his v2.

I'ev installed the upgrade board and will test (stock 10.5T) this weekend hopefully.
How does it work? Any comment? I try at my x20, its too much power when you use mode#3, profile 6 for stock, when i goes to profile 5 on modified, its worse. So any suggestion which prifile we use for x20 10.5t motor? Now i use FDR 5.6 (104/36) for my tc6.1 kits
Old 10-20-2012, 06:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

So what's wrong with too much power lol
Old 10-21-2012, 08:05 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Jochim_18
So what's wrong with too much power lol
There no wrong too much power, the pblm is, you cant handle it, and too hot. Its always 138celcius.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.