Old 06-20-2012, 07:03 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Taylorm
lots of aluminum on that picco
Old 06-20-2012, 07:13 AM
Tech Regular

Default Worth thinking about?

No car is going to benefit from a resurface job more then the pan car. While I have herd the repave is just for the pan cars (B.S. I'm sure). I would have to agree it's a pan cars dream come true. Perhaps running the best body would show us what a pan can do. I agree the Can Am body would get the pan around best. Does it really matter? Should we rethink GT bodies at this time?
Old 06-20-2012, 07:23 AM
Tech Regular

Default Older pan cars

Phil, I'd like to stick with the idea that you racers running the older cars already have a task before you, I'm just happy to see you and the "J", Matt and his Ass, and anyone else come race. You guys are showing us all some cool history. The 'GO FAST Guys" don't get it, but allot of us do! JUST BE THERE!
Old 06-20-2012, 09:16 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Das 1/8th Mopar
No car is going to benefit from a resurface job more then the pan car. While I have herd the repave is just for the pan cars (B.S. I'm sure). I would have to agree it's a pan cars dream come true. Perhaps running the best body would show us what a pan can do. I agree the Can Am body would get the pan around best. Does it really matter? Should we rethink GT bodies at this time?
The repave is to keep everyone happy.... Especially out of town guys
Who will travel thousands and spend money to race here.... A bad
Track would keep them away
Old 06-20-2012, 12:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default i agree

The repave is to keep everyone happy.... Especially out of town guys
Who will travel thousands and spend money to race here.... A bad
Track would keep them away
i think the repave is great for all concerned. if we are too keep our club growing new people need too see a nice place. i vote too keep can am bods but if a person wants too run another type, thats no prob. lets keep it fun
Old 06-20-2012, 02:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Well

Phil, I'd like to stick with the idea that you racers running the older cars already have a task before you, I'm just happy to see you and the "J", Matt and his Ass, and anyone else come race. You guys are showing us all some cool history. The 'GO FAST Guys" don't get it, but allot of us do! JUST BE THERE!
We do the best we can with what we have. I gave a "J" to Tom to put together for himself, so if they have enough GT guys to have their own heat, Tom could run both. And I'm putting another together in case Dave (Tom's son) wants to run one as well. I like going fast, don't get me wrong, but for me it's all about turning laps, and if the cars are well matched, they don't have to crack the sound barrier in order to do well and have a good race. I'm seriously considering investing a buck and reproducing the "J", and then reselling it at cost to whoever would like one. I'd make a few changes to make it easier and cheaper for ppl to work with tho. If I make it up on the 1st (and so far it looks like I will) I have some testing to do with some rubber combos plus a straight axle setup. Tom really enjoyed running my "J" at portage and I bet a lot of others would like it to if they gave it a chance...not as fast, but also a LOT easier to set up and more time to relax in between runs!
Old 06-20-2012, 02:56 PM
Tech Addict

Default Hm

I'm not sweating the repave. I was quite satisified with the surface at Portage, run wherever is handy, just blow the major debris off first and let em rip. I don't think it inconveniences anyone at all, especially if Hammer can bust out 20 laps in a qualifier. I'm sure everyone would love a pristine surface and it is nice to have but we ran without it years ago, ran without it in Portage, and could do so again without really inconveniencing anyone. Either way, it's no advantage to anyone when it's the same for everyone.
Old 06-20-2012, 07:47 PM
Tech Regular

Default rethink

If there are not enough GTs to have their own heat, Tom (and Dave)should pick the J car because making laps is what it's all about (Phil, you and I agree 100% on this one), more laps make better racers then fighting a car in the pits. Hope you can work out something for tires.
Did you see the Marker car on the MWS Facebook page?

Originally Posted by hitcharide1
We do the best we can with what we have. I gave a "J" to Tom to put together for himself, so if they have enough GT guys to have their own heat, Tom could run both. And I'm putting another together in case Dave (Tom's son) wants to run one as well. I like going fast, don't get me wrong, but for me it's all about turning laps, and if the cars are well matched, they don't have to crack the sound barrier in order to do well and have a good race. I'm seriously considering investing a buck and reproducing the "J", and then reselling it at cost to whoever would like one. I'd make a few changes to make it easier and cheaper for ppl to work with tho. If I make it up on the 1st (and so far it looks like I will) I have some testing to do with some rubber combos plus a straight axle setup. Tom really enjoyed running my "J" at portage and I bet a lot of others would like it to if they gave it a chance...not as fast, but also a LOT easier to set up and more time to relax in between runs!
Old 06-20-2012, 08:08 PM
Tech Regular

Default My thinking!

While I'm not sure who's butt you have to kick to get race results from, but July 1 will be club race 6. I will have a CanAm champion figured out by end of season. Race 7 was planned to be the start of the GT program. People are getting GT bodies ready,the Champion of the last races will be running a GT body. Seeing how fast we can get a pan car to go was never in the plan, let's keep it that way, for now.
Please feel free to throw in your 2 cents.
LETS RACE SOME MORE!!
Old 06-20-2012, 09:24 PM
Tech Addict

Default Wellllll....

If there are not enough GTs to have their own heat, Tom (and Dave)should pick the J car because making laps is what it's all about (Phil, you and I agree 100% on this one), more laps make better racers then fighting a car in the pits. Hope you can work out something for tires.
Did you see the Marker car on the MWS Facebook page?
I haven't seen the Marker but I'll get to it. And small problem...you see, I'm getting selfish. I'm picking up an Edam distributorship in order to help out the 4wd guys because I think most of the products out there cost too much and I want to help the guy with little cash to spend on toys. So I'm turning over an Edam to Dave who is bumping up from 1/10 to 1/8 and he's going to have to focus on that. Plus at the GLC I'll be running one as well, I have some serious engine tuning to do but I hope to be a contender for a high heat. However....

Maybe it's getting older. Maybe it's memories. Maybe it's just wanting to relive some fun stuff, but damnit, I want to run pan. I like low maintenance, I like durability, and I like driving with other guys where, and I agree with you here, they don't have to spend all there time sweating in the pits. Sort of like fishing, I don't need to catch the biggest, I just want to catch enough for dinner. So whenever I show up at a club race, I'll be running pan, and I'm running pan as well at the GLC as well as 4wd. Tom will try to do both as well. But Dave needs to concentrate on what he's going to have, he's a new driver, 4wd's are flimsy and quick, and he'll have his hands full. On the flip side, if he decides he doesn't like 4wd, he can always move to pan, and if he wants to run both next year, he can do that too. Plus, Tom has a grandson which we may try to get involved next year in pan. If we didn't live so far away, I'd start buying cars and giving them away to get people involved, 4wd is a race but pan is Sunday in the Sun and who doesn't like that...
Old 06-21-2012, 04:56 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Last edited by Farmer_John; 06-21-2012 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Not sure it came across right...
Old 06-21-2012, 07:15 PM
Tech Addict

Default Weird

I have a lot of the same stuff. At last count, the entire collection as it stands right now...

1 Mrp GP 12 (my first electric.)
1 Delta Phaser
1 Delta Super Phaser
3 SG Futara (pan) one with diff (first nitro.)
7 Super J's
2 P2's
1 P4
2 Super Eagles
2.5(?) Mrp GP 180's
1 Serpent Excel
4 Edam Razor 2's
1 Thorp w/ front suspension and belt drive

I had an Eagle and a P4 that I sold previously...most of the cars are either partially disassembled or still in boxes, the only one's I've completely restored at this point are 1 Super Eagle, P4, 1 "J" and the Super Phaser. I'm hoping there will be time this winter to get the rest shipshape as some are getting sold. On the one hand, I hate to get rid of stuff...on the other hand, I've got way too much stuff. NOBODY needs that much crap and that certainly includes me as well....
Old 06-24-2012, 09:54 AM
Tech Regular

Default wake me up when it's over.

Phil, I think your list is way to long and has put everyone to sleep!
Old 06-24-2012, 10:06 AM
Tech Regular

Default NOT all about Toledo!

Farmer John, Nice that you should check in on us every now and then. The Toledo gang would seem to have taken over but there are allot 2wd guys out there jumping in. (Like you maybe?) That keeps it interesting and fun. Do you race and where at? Pan cars are the interest here and Toledo pan car racing is going good.
LETS RACE SOME MORE!!
Old 06-24-2012, 01:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Farmer John, Nice that you should check in on us every now and then. The Toledo gang would seem to have taken over but there are allot 2wd guys out there jumping in. (Like you maybe?) That keeps it interesting and fun. Do you race and where at? Pan cars are the interest here and Toledo pan car racing is going good.
LETS RACE SOME MORE!!
I'm a "fed up with off road racing and am changing focus to keep RC racing fresh and exciting" racer. I joined the Toledo club a few weeks ago, but will be one of the odd balls running sedan.

I like the idea and simplicity of 2WD. Not sure if it will be cost effective to jump right in. Just dumping the coin into a used sedan chassis and the support equipment that I didn't own anymore has been a challenge.

But, I am paying attention...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.