Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEW XRAY T2

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2006, 06:42 PM
Tech Elite

Good idea NEXUS. I will do that for my car tonight. Thanks for all your tips. Helped a lot since X-RAY is new to me.
Old 06-16-2006, 07:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Guo Chean
Hi Guy,
i was new to T2 i do not know whether this is normal. when i place my top deck in the chassis i found out that after i put everything in and going to screw it the deck was slanted a bit to right side. then after i screw it i found out the top of the steering bellcrank was slanted to the left side? is that normal? thanks
there is a correct way and a wrong way to put the top deck on. it isn't like the old deck which could go on either side. the bearing hole on the top deck is of to one side. so make sure you put it the right way up.
Old 06-16-2006, 07:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TomB
there is a correct way and a wrong way to put the top deck on. it isn't like the old deck which could go on either side. the bearing hole on the top deck is of to one side. so make sure you put it the right way up.
i just realized the deck hole are slightly right just fix it thanks for helping
Old 06-16-2006, 07:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Old 06-16-2006, 09:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I had this prob, with the "blades" wearing out fast, way back with my EVO2. My fix was to sand down the inside of the outdrives. It smoothed out the contact patch and made my blades lasted much longer.
I havn't had that much of a problem with My T2 but then agin, I cain't seem to make the rear uprights last long enough to wear out the blades.
Hey Arun! I was gonna ask if U wood brang me some of those aluminum uprights wif U when U come up to race at Easley but heard U wasn't coming this week. LMK when U is coming up next so I kin either order them or wait fer U to brang 'em. Thanks, POD
Old 06-16-2006, 10:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by DOTMAN
That's a good tip Nexus. Did that help on the front too?
It did help the front too. Since doing that mod, I have changed only one of the fronts, but that was because I hit the wall pretty hard . What was odd, though, was that before I was wearing the rears faster than the fronts...with a brand-spanking new diff.
It seemed like something changed on the XRAY blades, because I wasn't having any problems with the rears before. The older XRAY blades came "loose" in the package, whlile all the newest ones are now on little parts trees...so maybe they could have changed the mold .

Originally Posted by cornerspeed
Good idea NEXUS. I will do that for my car tonight. Thanks for all your tips. Helped a lot since X-RAY is new to me.
No problem .

Originally Posted by PlainOleDave
I was gonna ask if U wood brang me some of those aluminum uprights wif U when U come up to race at Easley but heard U wasn't coming this week. LMK when U is coming up next so I kin either order them or wait fer U to brang 'em. Thanks, POD
Hey Dave! Unfortunately, it's going to be a few weeks. If you want to get the uprights, you'd be better off ordering through the site. The system should only charge $4.50 for shipping.
Old 06-18-2006, 04:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

hey guys, I just bought the new Spectrum reciever (super small) will it be faster, with the old TX modual, or do I have to replace that too?
Old 06-18-2006, 05:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

Originally Posted by beyondthepack
hey guys, I just bought the new Spectrum reciever (super small) will it be faster, with the old TX modual, or do I have to replace that too?
Yes and no. It will be 2ms faster (like you will be able to feel it) And you do not need to replace the module.
Old 06-18-2006, 06:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by beyondthepack
The reciever will cut down the added latency by 1.3ms. If you get the pro module also, it cuts it down an additional 1.3ms for a total of 2.6 ms faster than the original spektrum systems. I agree with Dodgeguy, I don't think you'll feel the difference.
Old 06-18-2006, 08:16 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by stiltskin
The reciever will cut down the added latency by 1.3ms. If you get the pro module also, it cuts it down an additional 1.3ms for a total of 2.6 ms faster than the original spektrum systems. I agree with Dodgeguy, I don't think you'll feel the difference.
you wont feel the difference,,,,, its to fast to tell
Old 06-18-2006, 11:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey guys, I am about to have another run of tweak plates done. Give me a shout if anyone wants one.
Contact me at [email protected]
Attached Thumbnails NEW XRAY T2-irp-001.jpg  
Old 06-18-2006, 04:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Thanks guys, just wanted to double check, but man this thing is really, really
small, u have to wonder how they did that.
Old 06-18-2006, 04:19 PM
Tech Elite

Is the Spectrum still slower then the regular crystal set-up? Thats what I'm worried about.
Old 06-18-2006, 04:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cornerspeed
Is the Spectrum still slower then the regular crystal set-up? Thats what I'm worried about.
The original spektrum system added 5.8 ms of latency to the signal because the system had to continually decode itself with the controller. The Pro series lowers that latency by 2.6 ms. So YES, it is slower than standard crystal setup, but we're still talking about milliseconds. Can you tell the difference between a servo speed of .06 and one at .07? You don't need to worry about it.
Old 06-18-2006, 06:22 PM
Tech Elite

Still scares me. I ran the original when it first came out(secnd batch) for 2 months. Went backwards the whole time. It didn't have any problems, just slow. I couldn't even feel it. The lap times and race results showed it though.

I am seriusly considering trying it out again with the pro version, got to think about it though for a little while.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.