Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2010, 05:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Originally Posted by DJ_Shakespear
So using pit-tune mode, you can change the timing profiles and not the throttle curve - does the curve I previously selected (eg slightly more aggressive) still apply or does it revert to linear?
In Hotwire, you can change the timing profile AND the throttle curve without affecting each other.
Whatever 'throttle curve' you selected in hotwire remains active regardless of what 'timing profile' you select while just using put tune. If you remember what timing profile you saved your previous settings under (cst1 or cst2) you should be able to re-select led 6 or 7 in pit tune mode and your boost/turbo will return.
Old 12-01-2010, 05:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DJ_Shakespear
So using pit-tune mode, you can change the timing profiles and not the throttle curve - does the curve I previously selected (eg slightly more aggressive) still apply or does it revert to linear?
In Hotwire, you can change the timing profile AND the throttle curve without affecting each other.
version 208 and now 212 replaced throttle profile in pit tune with timing profile. Changing the timing profile should not affect throttle profile, unless you had previously set those various timing profiles with different throttle profiles using the hot wire.

Does that make sense?
Old 12-01-2010, 05:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
No timing setups and all other tracks will use different roll outs.
Speaking of roll outs...I have been out of on-road for quite some time. I am getting into the 1/12th scale realm (again) and could use some help. I have very little experience with the Tekin ESC and Speed Passion 17.5 motor. Looking for some good starting points for roll out and ESC settings. info:

45' x 90' track (90 ft straight)
infield is about 6 sections of 10-20 ft chicanes and straight shots
fast lap times are high 9's - low 10's.
RC12r5.1 with SP 17.5 v3.0 (RS Pro - boosted allowed)

I have tried Yang Lai's 17.5 set up, but seems like I am still lacking on the infield. I even geared at 49/74 and the motor is barely coming off at 120*. thnx in advance...
Old 12-01-2010, 05:45 PM
Tech Adept

how much timing do you use on the motor. I have a 13,5t sp v3.
I use the motor with the timing on 10. this makes the motor more agressive by accelariting.
Old 12-01-2010, 05:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Originally Posted by toptek
how much timing do you use on the motor. I have a 13,5t sp v3.
I use the motor with the timing on 10. this makes the motor more agressive by accelariting.
Currently zero, that was the next thing on the list to try at the next practice session. thnx.

So...is 10* timing on the end bell the exact same thing as running 0 timing on the motor and 10* timing on the ESC???
Old 12-01-2010, 06:12 PM
Tech Adept

amound of timing yes but how it's addad not.
timing on the motor is there right away. 10 in the speedo comes in in the rpm range.
this will give a smoother accelaration wile the 10 on the motor will give a more agressive feel.
I find the motor with 10 timing on the motor better than with 5 or lower timing.
as you set the timing on the motor on 10. lower than the boost with 10.
I used to run with a lot of boost and just a little bit of turbo.
just start with 45 boost and 10 on the motor.
Old 12-01-2010, 07:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
No timing setups and all other tracks will use different roll outs. I'm sure Andrew will chime in and post it up.

203 is not faster than 212, it's been tested back to back. If anything they're nearly identical.
Originally Posted by energydrink
Hi I downloaded the 212 software with my tekin 17.5 and it seems slower than when I last ran my car with the 208 software . All my settings are the same since the last time I ran in spec mode . Can anyone help me ? Thanks .
Any idea to try Mr Pike ?
Old 12-01-2010, 08:02 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by windsor
any idea on rollout?
This setup is good for fast flowing tracks where you dont have to slow down much at all, in cleveland i was rolled out at a 3.50. what i have found is this setup doesnt work to well if you have to slow down to much, its all about keeping the car rolling.
Old 12-01-2010, 08:03 PM
Tech Adept

Any idea to try Mr Pike ?
Gear up 2 teeth.

Last edited by Andrew Knapp; 12-01-2010 at 08:48 PM.
Old 12-01-2010, 08:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Andrew Knapp
Gear up 2 teeth. 208 in spec mode had 9 degrees of timing that v212 does not have.
That makes sense . But I thought they were the same ?
Old 12-01-2010, 08:08 PM
Tech Adept

I got an e-mail about this from the tekin driver that helpt me.
I asked him if the prefious versions were faster.
He told me that he has the same laptimes with it with the same setup.
his motor stays cooler and because of that he made some small changes with his rpm range and turbo. just small things.
he has now a bit more topspeed.

I can't say that the 212 is slower because I was faster than before. but that also came because I got a better setup.

Randy, Hara drove GM at the ETS. He was fast. you can see it on redrc. Has GM the same thing in dual mode as the Tekin has?
Old 12-01-2010, 08:13 PM
Tech Adept

That makes sense . But I thought they were the same ?
v212 is the roar approved software for spec mode. people might notice less top end with v212, but that can simply be fixed by gearing up a 2 teeth and it should be the same!!

Last edited by Andrew Knapp; 12-02-2010 at 05:17 AM.
Old 12-01-2010, 08:15 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by gguertin145
any idea what rollout he was running?

If one were to go to another track that was a little more tight or shorter on the straight would you just change the boost and delay or would you start to look at the rpm range?
For a tighter track i would recommend taking timing boost out of it and gearing down, add a click or two to the turbo boost for top speed.
Old 12-01-2010, 08:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Andrew Knapp
v212 was released because they discovered the 9degrees extra timing in the spec mode in v208, so yes v208 will be faster in spec mode, but v212 is the roar approved software for spec mode. people might notice less top end with v212 because of the less timing, but that can simply be fixed by gearing up a 2 teeth and it should be the same!!
ok, i'll try that this weekend, thanks andrew .
Old 12-01-2010, 08:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stipres
Speaking of roll outs...I have been out of on-road for quite some time. I am getting into the 1/12th scale realm (again) and could use some help. I have very little experience with the Tekin ESC and Speed Passion 17.5 motor. Looking for some good starting points for roll out and ESC settings. info:

45' x 90' track (90 ft straight)
infield is about 6 sections of 10-20 ft chicanes and straight shots
fast lap times are high 9's - low 10's.
RC12r5.1 with SP 17.5 v3.0 (RS Pro - boosted allowed)

I have tried Yang Lai's 17.5 set up, but seems like I am still lacking on the infield. I even geared at 49/74 and the motor is barely coming off at 120*. thnx in advance...
our tracks sound to be about the same size. but we had some slow technical corners so i had to run the start rpm a little lower in that setup and the end rpm is also a little lower because we never really had a place that got faster except that back straight. so I would move the start and end rpm up, widen the range if you are on power more often then not. but I would not go more then like 2500-3000 delta between start and end. if you find that too agressice on acceleration then run a wider range to smooth the acceleration out. also if the track is more fast chicanes, then I would run a lot more gear. i run a gear as high as I can and still get the car around the slowest corner.

***edit
i just re-read you last statement on your post. if you are lacking infield then may be the rpm range is too high for your track. gearing is all about getting around the slow corners. I use timing boost and rpm range to get the car out of the corner(acceleration) and then turbo to get the car down the straight. so if you think the car is not accelerating fast enough, then your rpm range is not right. 17.5 is all about carrying corner speed as you get the car going faster around the corner, your rpm range will go up because the motor spins faster as you carry the speed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.