Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2005, 02:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

It's not a completely new car. It's is going to be a copy of Teemu's car from the Euros. This car had all the things that guys have been doing to the car that help the performance. Things like the different chassis and suspension geometry. Better shocks and the new drivetrain. That being said, there's enough different about it that it would be cheaper to buy the EC car than try to convert the current car to the EC specs.

It is more of a asphalt car in the kit form, however there will be an optional chassis and top deck to make it a carpet car.
Old 10-06-2005, 03:02 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by bob33
i dont think they run foams but the track int like normal carpet its a rubbery thing (its on a indoor runing track) i never been ther befor, but the grip is suposed to b like tarmac.

MATTW have u been ther (don vally sheffeild)

jon 2 more things what shock length you runing on that set up u gave me
and lastly wer its says ackerman/bump middle/3mm whats this mean (i dnt no waht all this ackerman is lol)

thanks
If the grip is similar to good asphalt, this may be a good starting point for you. I can't remember the shock length I have on there. The main thing to remember with shock length is just make sure they're long enough to not hinder the droop and that they're equal on both sides.

The Ackerman is the difference in how much one wheel turns compared to the other. It's adjusted by moving the ball stud on the steering bell cranks. Use the middle hole on the bell cranks with 3mm spacer under the ball stud.
Old 10-06-2005, 03:13 PM
Tech Regular

thanks alot jon, i understand that now lol. we have to use nosram vetec 24r preglued tyres/insert/rim as the controll tyres so will have to see what these are like as i never used them befor . thanks bob
Old 10-06-2005, 03:18 PM
Tech Champion

Anytime.
Old 10-06-2005, 06:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Can anyone tell me what setup is this ? looks like a pro4 rear shock tower ???
Attached Thumbnails Schumacher Corner-rctech-008-rc.jpg  
Old 10-06-2005, 06:22 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Roberto Falcon
Can anyone tell me what setup is this ? looks like a pro4 rear shock tower ???
Kinda looks like a BMI tower, but not.
Old 10-06-2005, 06:26 PM
Tech Champion

Actually, I think that's a Yokomo shock tower. Jim Newberg was using Yok towers in Vegas and that's what they looked like. Jim, you want to chime in and correct me if I'm wrong.
Old 10-06-2005, 06:26 PM
Tech Elite

I have run both the BMI chassis's and the Teemu chassis. I am currently running the Teemu. Seems better for me. I think it has more turn-in then the BMI because of the rearward battery position and the pendulum effect. My car does not get loose on turn-in, just better suited for me to my driving style and set-up.
Old 10-06-2005, 06:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I have a BMI rear tower, should I swap them ?
Old 10-06-2005, 07:46 PM
Tech Champion

I would just so that you're more on the same page as most of the other drivers that are using them.
Old 10-06-2005, 11:53 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default mi2

hi i was wondering if any one had a foam tire carpet setup i could use i have a mi2 with bmi lower and top deck and i have lower shock towers can any one help me.

regards matt
Old 10-07-2005, 05:31 AM
Tech Adept

Hi everyone. I just wanted to ask what your take on this is or if anyone has tried this out. I am currently running with a teemu chassis and shock towers. someone told me that I could try installing the stock riser plates together with the ones that came with the teemu chassis to increase my center roll rate. comments please.thanks
JP
Old 10-07-2005, 05:58 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by snap_u2000
hi i was wondering if any one had a foam tire carpet setup i could use i have a mi2 with bmi lower and top deck and i have lower shock towers can any one help me.

regards matt
PW has a killer foam tire setup from Vegas. I don't think he's had a chance to get it ups on the site yet. (With nationals right after Vegas and all.) Adrian, do you have a copy of it yet?
Old 10-07-2005, 05:59 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by jayps
Hi everyone. I just wanted to ask what your take on this is or if anyone has tried this out. I am currently running with a teemu chassis and shock towers. someone told me that I could try installing the stock riser plates together with the ones that came with the teemu chassis to increase my center roll rate. comments please.thanks
JP
I don't have any experience running those risers under the bulkheads. They're usually used for very low bite conditions. What are your track conditions like?
Old 10-07-2005, 06:01 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Roberto Falcon
I have a BMI rear tower, should I swap them ?
Actually it is a Rayspeed option part for the Yok SD.
As to whether you should run it or not, it depends on the surface you run on.
This tower actuall has the camber link holes that are very similar to the newest generation BMI towers that were made for the IIC in Vegas. It also lowers the upper shock mounting holes a little more then the BMI. This tower works very well in high bite or with foams. If you are going to be running outdoors stick with the BMI towers.
And another thing, Roberto, if you have any questions on any thing on that car, feel free to ask. As Jon Kerr can atest to I completely rebuilt that car (yours) at Vegas
Later
Jim

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.