Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree138Likes

O.S Engines thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 07:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Just picked me up a gallon old vspec vzb blue head that came with a losi efra 2071 pipe. I wanted to know if this is a good combo and is it better suited for buggy , truggy or good for both. I appreciate any info and thanks in advance.
Old 02-09-2012, 01:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Im using 086 for both vzb and xzb. Smooth power.
Old 02-09-2012, 01:49 PM
Tech Adept

Default OS max 21 rear crankcase bearings

I have a lot of new os 14x25.4x6 rear main engine bearings for sale ($8 each). They are takeouts from new .21 os or ninja engines. They were removed using heat gun drop out method by eb mods so they are not damaged in any way. shipping will be $4 each or free if you buy 10 or more. I accept trades, paypal, or cash at the track.

thanks
[email protected]
Old 02-09-2012, 08:10 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rossham46
Im using 086 for both vzb and xzb. Smooth power.

I ran my 086 on my xzb vspec before I snapped a rod and I currently run it on my os.28 xz. Its been a good pipe for both engines but I'm just curious about this Losi 2071 I just picked up and does anyone have any experience with it.
Old 02-09-2012, 09:41 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by rcmoe
Just picked me up a gallon old vspec vzb blue head that came with a losi efra 2071 pipe. I wanted to know if this is a good combo and is it better suited for buggy , truggy or good for both. I appreciate any info and thanks in advance.
That's the combo I use. Works well in my buggy. The tracks I run at have small to medium straights. On a longer straight i noticed a small flat spot in the rev range but it pushes through the flat spot and gets a second wind.... at which point you have to be extra careful of your breaking point cuz it's absolutely flying. The extra top speed could be because i run ceramic bearings... not sure. I can't really compare it to much except that the vzb + re11 combo will out-drag a GO GX-7R + GO 2072 and with about 45 seconds longer run time.
Old 02-09-2012, 09:45 PM
Tech Master

K thanks for that info
Old 02-13-2012, 08:23 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

sorry if this has already been asked......didn't have time to hit the 50 page thread in detail.

What is the best pipe to run for this motor for overall performance and good mileage? I am using it for on road 8th GT racing currently. And currently using a JP3 pipe......

21VZ-B V-Spec-T (P) OSMG2068 13895 ABC
3,000 - 40,000 2.48 @ 33,000 14.0 (398grams)

Thanks!
Old 02-14-2012, 12:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

How long have people had the blue head XZ's last?

The bushing on the bottom of my conrod is gone after 4 gallons.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Need help tracing a problem. My brother bought a V-spec NIB a few weeks back. Got it up and running fine and I helped him get a baseline tune on it. Him being completely new to 1/8th buggy and WAY to excitied about his new toy decided it would be fun to drag race his buggy with a fresh motor Needless to say the rod didn't agree with long term WOF pulls.

I never felt the bearings after the rod exploded but he swears they were fine and couldnt feel anything grity. I gave him a good Speed crank and he ordered a fresh Speed piston, sleeve and rod setup for it (Factory OS not that knock off Ebay junk). All went well it started up fine and we got another baseline tune on it. Seems to be running great.

Heres the problem I can't figure out. Everytime it's been shut off when he goes to re-fire it, it pops a glow plug. Both OD and OS P3's. It's gone through 4 of them now. He didn't have the extra head shim in and I thought that may be the culprit. Still No dice with the extra shim it's still eating plugs.

I'm no rookie and this is a fresh OS motor other then the bearings in the case. Any idea what may be causing this thing to eat plugs or something else to try??
Old 02-20-2012, 05:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rfree02
How long have people had the blue head XZ's last?

The bushing on the bottom of my conrod is gone after 4 gallons.
what brand of fuel ? thats usually the cause
Old 02-20-2012, 05:47 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by rdeppen
Need help tracing a problem. My brother bought a V-spec NIB a few weeks back. Got it up and running fine and I helped him get a baseline tune on it. Him being completely new to 1/8th buggy and WAY to excitied about his new toy decided it would be fun to drag race his buggy with a fresh motor Needless to say the rod didn't agree with long term WOF pulls.

I never felt the bearings after the rod exploded but he swears they were fine and couldnt feel anything grity. I gave him a good Speed crank and he ordered a fresh Speed piston, sleeve and rod setup for it (Factory OS not that knock off Ebay junk). All went well it started up fine and we got another baseline tune on it. Seems to be running great.

Heres the problem I can't figure out. Everytime it's been shut off when he goes to re-fire it, it pops a glow plug. Both OD and OS P3's. It's gone through 4 of them now. He didn't have the extra head shim in and I thought that may be the culprit. Still No dice with the extra shim it's still eating plugs.

I'm no rookie and this is a fresh OS motor other then the bearings in the case. Any idea what may be causing this thing to eat plugs or something else to try??

what brand of fuel ?
Old 02-20-2012, 08:43 AM
Tech Master

Sidewinder Strike Team 30%
Old 02-20-2012, 08:50 AM
Tech Champion

Sidewinder Strike Team 30%
so you used a VZB Speed crank in the rebuilt engine...? either something it out of tolerance, or you maybe have some debris inside the engine...... maybe do a little measuring ..measure TDC, then button depth and see where you end up...... if you need technical advice on how to do this just send me your number by PM and and I can call and help......much quicker that way !!!!
Old 02-20-2012, 09:47 AM
Tech Master

My guess is he has some debris and maybe a bearing is coming apart. I told him to tear it down again so we can check the bearings. I took a look at the button on Saturday night, it looked fine. Didn't see any signs of it taking a hit from the old broke rod or detonation. I'm stumped as OS motors don't usually do this.

I'll get him to leave it with me and I'll measure it. I saw your method on your website. I appreciate the help Neal
Old 02-20-2012, 09:49 AM
Tech Champion

My guess is he has some debris and maybe a bearing is coming apart. I told him to tear it down again so we can check the bearings. I took a look at the button on Saturday night, it looked fine. Didn't see any signs of it taking a hit from the old broke rod or detonation. I'm stumped as OS motors don't usually do this.

I'll get him to leave it with me and I'll measure it. I saw your method on your website. I appreciate the help Neal
I do know of one fellow who apparently put a XZB Speed crank into a VZB engine..it didn't work so well LOL !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.