Mugen MTX-3

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2004, 08:09 AM
afm
Tech Master

Originally posted by Profoxcg
thanks AFM,

where in Lima is the track btw, post some pictures
The track is located in the parking lot of Lima's horse track.
I don't know how to post pictures, but if you go to our club's web page www.perurc.com and click on "fotos" you'll see a lot of them of our recently resealed track.

AFM
Old 07-27-2004, 08:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The track is located in the parking lot of Lima's horse track.
En de monterrico? used to live by there on the other side of La Panamericana Sur.
Old 07-27-2004, 08:32 AM
afm
Tech Master

En de monterrico? used to live by there on the other side of La Panamericana Sur.
Yes, the good old Hipodromo de Monterrico. When you come to Lima to visit old friends, bring your gear and lets have some fun.
Did you check our web site??? What do you think??

AFM
Old 07-27-2004, 08:42 AM
Tech Elite

whats the difference between the prospec and the old one....setup wise....I wouldn't care less with titanium parts.
I drove someone elses prospec and liked it and was wondering what was the standard setup.

thanks in advance.
Old 07-27-2004, 09:28 AM
afm
Tech Master

Originally posted by TambokGT
whats the difference between the prospec and the old one....setup wise....I wouldn't care less with titanium parts.
I drove someone elses prospec and liked it and was wondering what was the standard setup.

thanks in advance.
Go to http://www.mugenseiki.com/menueefi.htm
You can get all the setting sheets and charts for all Mugen products

AFM
Old 07-27-2004, 10:02 AM
Tech Master

Yes, the good old Hipodromo de Monterrico. When you come to Lima to visit old friends, bring your gear and lets have some fun.
Did you check our web site??? What do you think??

AFM
Your website looks good. I have to go run that track !, when i lived in Lima I was too young and could not afford those toys nor did I know it existed.

My dad used to take me to the Track though, we had horses there.
Old 07-27-2004, 10:07 AM
Tech Master

Default AFM

does the horse track, not function anymore? where is the track
Old 07-27-2004, 10:51 AM
afm
Tech Master

Default Re: AFM

does the horse track, not function anymore? where is the track
Yes it still functions with two concentrical tracks, one of sand and the other of grass. Our track is located in the middle (center) parking lot of the pelouse.

AFM
Old 07-27-2004, 11:29 AM
Tech Master

Does the Pelouse still has the ponnies? i used to ride those man looong time ago haha !

cool !
Old 07-27-2004, 12:39 PM
afm
Tech Master

Does the Pelouse still has the ponnies? i used to ride those man looong time ago haha !

cool !
Still there man....you sure making a trip to the past... ha.
Hope to see you some day back here.

AFM
Old 07-27-2004, 05:25 PM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up I Have a question

I read in the ebay web this:

This is brand new never been used side belt for Mugen MTX-3.
This is like the Kawahara Belt that solves the overdrive problem of the MTX-3. With the stock side belt, the rear tires wear out about two times faster than the front. With this belt, the tires front and rear wear almost the same which makes the car handle a lot better. And saves you tires too. In my case I always had to true my front tires to match the rear tires that get so small every run. But with this belt I don't have to do that anymore.

Is it true?; Do stock cars have this problem?
Old 07-27-2004, 05:36 PM
Tech Addict

Default Re: I Have a question

Originally posted by Arushmen
I read in the ebay web this:

This is brand new never been used side belt for Mugen MTX-3.
This is like the Kawahara Belt that solves the overdrive problem of the MTX-3. With the stock side belt, the rear tires wear out about two times faster than the front. With this belt, the tires front and rear wear almost the same which makes the car handle a lot better. And saves you tires too. In my case I always had to true my front tires to match the rear tires that get so small every run. But with this belt I don't have to do that anymore.

Is it true?; Do stock cars have this problem?
Yes, this is true. The "fix" is commonly referred to as a 16/19 conversion. This means the 2 side pulleys are changed to a 16 tooth and 19 tooth combo. You will need a conversion belt sucj as the one you have mentioned to complete the conversion. It really helps even out the tire wear.
Old 07-27-2004, 06:31 PM
rjl
Tech Fanatic

Evens out the tyre wear because you must run the fronts smaller than the rears to start with.
Old 07-27-2004, 07:06 PM
Tech Regular

The biggest benefit of the 16/19 pulley setup isn't the even tire wear in the sense of "saving" tires. The biggest benefit is that the car keeps the same OD ratio during a run. When your rears wear down faster than the front, If you start with even tire diameter you have a 1.00 OD ratio, by the end of a main, say if your rears have worn 3mm more than the front(or more depending on how long the main is), you have a 1.05 OD ratio. You car will be driving different and actually slower than if it had stayed even. The car will push on sweeping turns, and hook when coming out of a turn unless you're careful. For a new driver this can be difficult, and for a more experienced driver this can make the difference of winning and losing a tight race at the end because your car isn't handling as well as it was in the beginning. Remember, at 1.05 your fronts are now trying to pull the car, and "dragging" the slower spinning rears. Some people say the car drives easier with smaller rears. I say it's because the car is actually driving slower. Slower definitely feels easier. If there was a way to keep the tire wear reasonably even with the stock setup this would be ideal because of less internal drag, but the even wear is key
Now from my experience, with the 16/19 setup and the split, the tires wear at nearly the same rate. Now that 3.5mm spilt isn't just some magic number that someone pulled out of the air. With the 16/19 and a 3.5mm split, you get a 1.00 OD ratio, which means the fronts and rears will spin at the same rate. If the tires wear at the same rate, that means you'll keep your 1.00 ratio, which gives a more CONSISTANT driving car. Which for a beginner is an easier driving car, and for an expert, gives him a sweet handling car to beat the guy who's car changed towards the end of the race.
PHEW...just had to give my two cents. Any thoughts?
Old 07-27-2004, 07:24 PM
Tech Master

so for the conversion i to buy two pulleys?

I thought it was the front one I had to change to 16 from the stock 24

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.