Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ask Aaron Waldron

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 12:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Aaron, why wont TL come out with a RTR version of the XXX buggy? If they had one out, I would have bought it instead of my B4 RS.
Old 06-15-2006, 12:44 PM
Tech Elite

I'm really not sure...I don't really talk to anyone in the sales or advertising department. I'm assuming it has something to do with the cost of developing molds overseas (Losi's RTR kits are made in Asia) and the forseeable market they would be selling to, especially here in the states.

That's not to say that it wouldn't be a good idea. I'm more inclined to believe that a potential RTR customer would prefer, or be better off with, a truck though.
Old 06-18-2006, 11:31 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi Aaron,

I am thinking of purchasing a 4wd buggy. Given some of the "inside information" you may be privy to at Losi do you have any suggestions on the XXX4-G+ versus the XX4WE from a longterm perspective? I am fairly aware of the general hype on both cars but I am wondering which will be easier and less expensive car to locate parts for and maintain? Thanks.
Old 06-19-2006, 12:30 AM
Tech Elite

I'd imagine it will be easier to find parts for the XXX-4...simply because it's a newer car. The XX-4WE was only to be re-released in limited qualities I think.

Both cars should be pretty durable, with the changes Losi made to the XXX-4 (long time ago) and the various aftermarket parts that have sprung up for the car...delrin pieces and what-not.
Old 06-23-2006, 12:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Where's Waldron?

I hear there is a new book coming out called "Where's Waldron?" What happens is, they take an overhead satellite picture of all the tracks in the U.S. that he is racing at. Then its your job to search through the pics and find him somewhere in the group of racers! Break out the magnifying glass! Dont ask why I just thought of that! Kinda funny though I think

Just something to give his thread a bump up! HAHA, whats up AARON!?!? There's a race at Palomar on Sunday!! I'm trying to get together my MST1 to go. I'm sure you'll be at the Saturday Series race at Proline on "Saturday" (duh!) Chris Moore and Chris Racceles are supposed to be comin out on Sunday. You should try to go!
Old 06-23-2006, 12:11 PM
Tech Elite

We'll see. After a night in a hotel, a 5:00 wake-up tomorow morning, and a 16 hour day at the track tomorrow (haha), I'll be ready for a Sunday in the pool and video games with my younger siblings.

And of course, chasing women at night.

Where's Waldron wouldn't be too hard..just look for the goofy-lookin' dude in a TL shirt!
Old 06-23-2006, 12:15 PM
Tech Elite

Yeah, I hear ya on the chasing women part! Does your dad help you with "set-ups" on that also?! Sign-ups closing at 11:00 am, racing at 12:00 pm. Cool if you could make it, understandable if you dont! I think I'm gonna start working on that book!
Old 06-23-2006, 12:22 PM
Tech Elite

Dad doesn't help me with my setups for late night trouble-making...he usually laughs and makes fun of my hair but that's about it.

You gonna stop by the track tomorrow again?
Old 06-23-2006, 12:49 PM
Tech Elite

I'd like to. If I do it will be late in the afternoon like last time. PM me your cell number, and I'll call you tomorrow.
Old 06-23-2006, 05:57 PM
Tech Elite

I thought you had it already?

You've got a PM.
Old 06-24-2006, 11:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

The 8ight got some good press in the new RCCA. I can't wait!
Old 06-25-2006, 09:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

Aaron, have you had a chance to run a xxx-nt w/ the new xxx-t-cr arms,towers, carriers, ect? on it? I like the drake I have been running, but durability has become a factor because 1/10th scale has pretty much died out in the local area and I have to run w/ limited mt to get some decent competition. Most of the time if 1/10th scales show up its a newcomer w/ his jato or ect. Banging wheels w/ a revo hasn't been very rewarding and I'm just wondering if the new arms, towers, axle carriers will do the job? Also, what is the part number for the mugen captured ends and the balls? I'm still having trouble w/ the grey ball caps because the truck bottoms out and tries to go a little too far in these big ruts from 1/8th scales when I land doubles and ect.
Old 06-29-2006, 08:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey Aaron how did the women chasing go. I have some good setup tips if you need them. I have a lot of experience
IS the Eight going to be available soon. I have been saving my money(might even have to sell the REVO )
Dan Gavere
PS: My boy has my mp3 player and is Supposedly working on my podcast from RC Pro rnd 1-shoulda known not to trust someone else to do it for me. Oh well I will email you for first listening rights.
PS-Whats the next big race your going to? Do you have a schedule you could share for your season. I am just curious.
Old 06-29-2006, 08:07 PM
Tech Elite

party_wagon - I've had really good luck with the AD2 parts...they're an improvement over the original XXX-NT and AD1 in terms of durability.

The Mugen ends are C6010A.

Dan - Chasing women in San Diego is a blast..this place is just full of beautiful people. And now that school is out for the summer and everyone's coming home from college...it's been a good women-chasing season, LOL!

I don't have a written schedule. I pretty much just go to races as we hear about them. My next biggie is the Hot Rod Shootout in a couple weeks, at Hot Rod Hobbies in Santa Clarita, CA. One of my favorite races of the year!

I can't wait to hear the podcasts from that weekend, should be good ones on there. It was cool sitting around the pit table and talking about the new car! It'll be more fun than your Revo...HAHA! Last I heard, they're trying to get kits out by the middle of August, which is already two weeks after the original planned release date...can't rush perfection I guess!
Old 07-07-2006, 08:11 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Aaron Waldron
My next biggie is the Hot Rod Shootout in a couple weeks, at Hot Rod Hobbies in Santa Clarita, CA. One of my favorite races of the year!

wont be as fun this year, I wont be there...

anyways, I can't believe no one has told you what a NECK you are lately, your on the 2nd page, wtf....

Anyways, I figured I'd put ya back on top, since you haven't been ontop of anything since that BIG girl last week!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.