Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 10:39 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

metric 48
Old 10-19-2006, 11:43 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

They're all new molds, as the bearings they hold are 5x10 instead of 5x11 for the standard suspension on both M03/4's and TA04/5's

Although I wouldn't doubt they took a few design details from their Lightweight suspension parts.. Has anyone noticed there's a moulded hole at the bottom of the front and rear uprights, as if you could drill it out and put a grub screw in there to hold the suspension pin, just like the lightweight suspension?
Old 10-19-2006, 11:18 PM
Tech Regular

Default Lipo Power

I just purchased a Team Orion Lipo 3200 and ran it in my M03L with the Tamiya Sport-tuned motor and 20T pinion and it was FAST but need to readjust handling.
Old 10-20-2006, 06:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ICEMAN
metric 48
thank you
Old 10-20-2006, 06:36 AM
Tech Rookie

Default cooper MO1

anybody selling a Cooper MO1. am building a small toyota need the chassis of a MO1? Thanks
Old 10-20-2006, 06:45 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

YGPM Totohl
Old 10-22-2006, 12:24 AM
Tech Adept

Default tech racing

hi guys, anyone know of best online shop (price/selection/hasslefree/shipping costs) to get TECH RACING hopups for m03.? Is it possible to get it from tech racing? Their website is all in Japanese. Jr-rc on ebay has some stuff. Has anyone dealt with this person?

thanks
Old 10-22-2006, 02:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nitro_Crash
I just purchased a Team Orion Lipo 3200 and ran it in my M03L with the Tamiya Sport-tuned motor and 20T pinion and it was FAST but need to readjust handling.
Hi, how did you use your carbon lipo with the mo3 chassis? My platinum lipo plugs is blocked by the plastic battery support and the chassis slot is round so my square batt can't fit. Did you run the connector and pluges under instead of on top?
Old 10-22-2006, 07:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

I'd try RC-CHAMP.CO.JP they carry all of TECHs products and their prices are the best period!
Originally Posted by minimanintaiwan
hi guys, anyone know of best online shop (price/selection/hasslefree/shipping costs) to get TECH RACING hopups for m03.? Is it possible to get it from tech racing? Their website is all in Japanese. Jr-rc on ebay has some stuff. Has anyone dealt with this person?

thanks
Old 10-22-2006, 12:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

the new 3200 orion batt is the same size as a stick pack, so it will fit no problem.
the 4800 is square,
un less you dremel a ton of plastic
it wont fit. thats one of the reasons for the 3200 battery is its size and weight savings. also it has very good run time.

yes you run the wires on the bottom to clear.
Old 10-22-2006, 01:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by minimanintaiwan

thanks
JR-RC (Jason Reid) is great. Excellent service and has done so for years. RC-Champ is great but you need to email them with specific questions ([email protected]) as their website is a nightmare unless you know what you're doing.
Rainbow Ten stock a lot of Tech stuff too but the prices aren't as cheap as rc-champ or JR-RC.
Old 10-22-2006, 08:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jakster
the new 3200 orion batt is the same size as a stick pack, so it will fit no problem.
the 4800 is square,
un less you dremel a ton of plastic
it wont fit. thats one of the reasons for the 3200 battery is its size and weight savings. also it has very good run time.

yes you run the wires on the bottom to clear.
I thought so. Thanks.
Old 10-23-2006, 05:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Diff Gear

So there I was battling it out for second about 13/14 minutes into a our 15 minute main. The first place leader had already lapped the field, so the battle was for second, and it was a close battle between 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. I was gaining on second and had the motor to take it assuming I keep my line consistent. When BAM! I bumped the wall in the apex of a hairpin turn.

It didn't seem like a bad hit at the time, but that was all she wrote. The car was driving funny and slow from there on. Once I had a chance, I took the car apart and noticed that the teeth on one side (the side I hit) of the diff that the outdrive bites into was completely smoothed of all it's teeth.

I'm using a Manta Ray Diff Gear set (part #53070). Is it common for this part to fail?

I've included a photo, but since I don't yet have a macro lens, this is as much of a closeup as I can get. It should get the point across.
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya mini cooper-closeup.jpg  
Old 10-23-2006, 06:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by waltuo
So there I was battling it out for second about 13/14 minutes into a our 15 minute main. The first place leader had already lapped the field, so the battle was for second, and it was a close battle between 2nd, 3rd, and 4th. I was gaining on second and had the motor to take it assuming I keep my line consistent. When BAM! I bumped the wall in the apex of a hairpin turn.

It didn't seem like a bad hit at the time, but that was all she wrote. The car was driving funny and slow from there on. Once I had a chance, I took the car apart and noticed that the teeth on one side (the side I hit) of the diff that the outdrive bites into was completely smoothed of all it's teeth.

I'm using a Manta Ray Diff Gear set (part #53070). Is it common for this part to fail?

I've included a photo, but since I don't yet have a macro lens, this is as much of a closeup as I can get. It should get the point across.
I'm using a manta ray ball diff and I haven't had this problem. I've hit the boards hard enough to launch the car a couple of feet in the air.

Was your diff set really tight to the point where it's like a spool?
Old 10-23-2006, 06:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

i had that happen once... you might check to see that the outdrive is staying fully in the diff. i think when mine stripped, i had forgotten to put the oring on the outdrive to keep it in place, so it slipped out, reducing the tooth contact.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.