Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2004, 02:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I have to totally agree with David!
Old 12-02-2004, 10:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

Ryan, I'm using Plaids/Purples too. Keep front springs about 5lbs heavier in the front like JD mentioned. But try one hole open if using 30wt Xray oil. Keep a tiny bit of droop. You need some give to get traction.

Try standing up the shocks in front.
If your lifting, try a front sway.

0 front toe (but try adding a 1mm shim in the very front hindge pin supports. This will give you a little more initial turn in without scrubbing speed).

1* front camber (you don't need much camber in front if you go 6* caster blocks. The camber change will dramatically occur near mid corner and the car will dive toward your exit and then straighten out easily).

Got these tips from Ralph and Tom a while ago. I tried them with my DR turned down to 70%, the car was railing and that's with a tight front diff and a looser rear.
Old 12-03-2004, 02:50 AM
Tech Addict

Hey Guys,

Going to be moving up to 19 turn and still race stock.

Whats the proper position/knotch for the belts? Currently I have them as loose as possible, but i know with 19turn that wont work.

Thanks.

nick
Old 12-03-2004, 03:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by JohnMatrix
Hey Guys,

Going to be moving up to 19 turn and still race stock.

Whats the proper position/knotch for the belts? Currently I have them as loose as possible, but i know with 19turn that wont work.

Thanks.

nick
No, loose is fine in 19t. Just take a few tests on the belts in the loose settings if you see that its skipping a tooth go up one notch tighter but i havent had any problems and i am on loose settings.
Old 12-03-2004, 07:01 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Everyone, thanks for all the suggestions, going to print them out and take them to the track with me....

John, is the ORL race on Dec 12th, if so I am a no-show since that is Kids day with Santa, priorities ya know?
Old 12-03-2004, 07:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Boy I wish my Santa came early

I along with many others running X-Rays will be at DC tommorow if your looking to come out that way and race,doors open around 10am and racing is at 5pm. There is a good crowd everyweek and the racing is top notch.
Old 12-03-2004, 07:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Finally .....

I got my FK together ... other then some binding in the rear suspension that had to be worked-out, this car went together smooth - looking forward to running the car tonight at a club race here in Toronto. Gonna be a tough time for me though - my EVO2 is dialed for the track layout so the switch is going to be painful.

Look forward to seeing how the car runs - considering all the changes from the EVO2, I am interested to see how the car performs tonight.
Old 12-03-2004, 07:37 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Setup

Originally posted by JDXray
Your setup sounds about right, but a few things i could suggest if you dont mind.
Get either Light Purple and Purple springs. You can run those violets in the rear with purple in front (hopefully i got those springs correct, its hard to memorize them, lol)

also try this droop: 0mm front and 1mm rear

Plaid/ Purple foams will do, but you could try some Dbl pink/orange and dbl pink OR Orange/Purple and Purple

But other than that i think you got the setup pretty much down, i used to run violets all around and it wasnt that bad, but with a step stiffer in front it helps.

Hope it helps

Jon
Noted all of your setup advice here - do these apply to stock-rubber also?
Old 12-03-2004, 09:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Re: Setup

Originally posted by sundog1
I am not sure about outside with rubbers, i have never ran outside before, i am rug rat, lol
Old 12-03-2004, 10:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Setup

I'm a rug-rat too. But for stock/rubber you may want to stick with "close to" stock settings (droop). Foams use firmer springs (25-35lbs), when I ran stock I was happy with 3*caster and light blue (20lb) springs with the whites in back_30wt & 2 holes open all around. Front camber at 1*, rear 1.5*- Front toe at 0 and rear 2* (this may differ to track layout) and I set my DR to 75%.

Someone else here may have a better setup since I've been concentrating on 19T/foams. Hope this helps a little.
Old 12-03-2004, 03:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Guys theres a X-ray FK up on the for sale thread, Its a good seller and he has good cars so if your not wanting to wait for the next shipment heres a good deal and has front diff w/ car also.
Old 12-04-2004, 08:40 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Re: Re: Setup

Originally posted by kidDynomite
I'm a rug-rat too. But for stock/rubber you may want to stick with "close to" stock settings (droop). Foams use firmer springs (25-35lbs), when I ran stock I was happy with 3*caster and light blue (20lb) springs with the whites in back_30wt & 2 holes open all around. Front camber at 1*, rear 1.5*- Front toe at 0 and rear 2* (this may differ to track layout) and I set my DR to 75%.

Someone else here may have a better setup since I've been concentrating on 19T/foams. Hope this helps a little.
OOps, sorry - should have specified carpet. Hey Kid, where do u race? I race at AJs on Sunday - going to practice at RSJ today cause AJ has oval races. Thanks for the tips.
Old 12-04-2004, 08:54 AM
SRS
Tech Rookie

Default Set-Up Sheets

I know their is a website that posts the majority of the Xray set-ups. It is a foreign one I believe, but the set-up sheets are in english? Ring a bell to anyone?
Old 12-04-2004, 10:35 AM
Tech Adept

For X-Ray setups go to http://www.myrcworld.net

It has just about every Team X-Ray setup. Cyrul's 2004 U.S. Indoor winning setup is available on the X-Ray website .
Old 12-04-2004, 11:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Re: Setup

OOps, sorry - should have specified carpet. Hey Kid, where do u race? I race at AJs on Sunday - going to practice at RSJ today cause AJ has oval races. Thanks for the tips.
Sundog1, I usually go to AJ's for saturday practice. Is it oval tomorrow too? I know AJ said it was oval nite Sat. I haven't raced at RSJ's since when it was Venture Raceway. I hear it's Pro4 territory now and a lot of my old friends there are all HPI. No Xray parts on hand. Although my buddy & I might race RSJ tomorrow.

Hope to see ya around!
Tommy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.