Originally Posted by Aaron Waldron
Alright, I'll see what's up.
And the word is?
Old 03-07-2007, 06:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
????? for ya...

Aaron,
Why do you guys not more emphasis on the Sportworks motors? Being a shop here in Texas... We sell your line of .21, .26 & .28 motors all the time. At the price they are absolutely killer motors.
I'll put the .21 V2 against any motor out there. And 95% of the time it will win hands down in overall performance. When you consider "Bang for the Buck" it is a no brainer. A true 7 port for less than $200 with machined carb restrictors. Pretty darn nice. Now if I could just break the 10 - 11 minute runtime mark.
Not a single customer has come back looking for parts either. We have sold dozens of these motors in different forms.
I'm on about 8 gallons on the shop car. It never gets "out motored" in any way, shape or form. We get 9 minutes of run time and have not touched a needle for weeks. Some nights have been in the 30s and some in the 70s.
No problems.
We do get one complaint. The guys that buy the .26 and the .28s, say they are too powerful.
Great Product!

Thanks,
TEX
Old 03-07-2007, 09:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default Motor Break in..

Thanks,Aaron
Old 03-07-2007, 10:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (98%+)
Default 4mm rod ends

Aaron,
Hey I dont know if you have been asked this yet or not. I was wanting to know if you new of a trick to do to the 4mm rod ends on the steering turnbuckles to keep them from breaking. Myself and quite a few of us other losi 8 racers are having problems with these breaking alot. And this is during races and not bashing. We do wreck but we arnt bad drivers that wreck alot by any means. I boiled mine for a few mins and have yet to break any on the last full race day. I was just wondering if there is anything more we can do or if Losi is going to upgrade these? Or do you know of any other aftermarket ones out there.
Thanks for your time.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:01 PM
Tech Elite

Mabuchi - No e-mail? I'll ask again. They're super busy at work, bear with me.

tex1 - I agree completely! The engine they put in the LST trucks speaks for itself; anything that can get a truck that big and heavy moving that quickly is putting down some horsepower!

I'm not sure why there's not more hype surrounding those engines. Obviously, most of Losi's drivers have different engine deals, but those mills do run great, especially for what they are.

seal - Of course

allaboutwho - Yes, there's a trick to stopping them from breaking...go pick up new ones! Haha. In all seriousness, the plastic material used for the rod ends has been changed and they should be a lot more durable, even in cold weather.
Old 03-07-2007, 01:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (98%+)

Thanks Aaron
Old 03-07-2007, 01:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

I've never done this wide open method!Do you do this with the motor engaged to the diff gear?Tires on or off?
Old 03-07-2007, 03:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tex1
Aaron,
Why do you guys not more emphasis on the Sportworks motors? Being a shop here in Texas... We sell your line of .21, .26 & .28 motors all the time. At the price they are absolutely killer motors.
I'll put the .21 V2 against any motor out there. And 95% of the time it will win hands down in overall performance. When you consider "Bang for the Buck" it is a no brainer. A true 7 port for less than $200 with machined carb restrictors. Pretty darn nice. Now if I could just break the 10 - 11 minute runtime mark.
Not a single customer has come back looking for parts either. We have sold dozens of these motors in different forms.
I'm on about 8 gallons on the shop car. It never gets "out motored" in any way, shape or form. We get 9 minutes of run time and have not touched a needle for weeks. Some nights have been in the 30s and some in the 70s.
No problems.
We do get one complaint. The guys that buy the .26 and the .28s, say they are too powerful.
Great Product!

Thanks,
TEX
Which pipe and header would you recomend for that engine ? and would this engine be strong enough to run in a Mugen MBX5T ? And last, where can i buy one of those engines ? did a search but can only find the .26 ?
Old 03-08-2007, 01:14 AM
Tech Elite

allaboutwho - Not a problem.

37racing - Do it with the car ready to go on the track; tires on, motor mounted in the car, etc.

Swede - It's hard to argue with the JP-1 pipe and Jammin' header on pretty much any engine; that combo just seems to run great, and the pipe is very durable.

The .21 engine is sold as "Sportwerks", not Losi, but still distributed by Horizon.
Old 03-08-2007, 05:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Swede - The Sportworks .26 V2 is the one you want for a truggy. At $135 or so you will have a motor that will not be beat at almost any price. It will pull hard but most importantly you can tune it just right to get the best fuel mileage and performance for your track.
For the money I would run the Dynamite Platinum .053. It is a mid range pipe that looks great and is very cost effective. With a motor this big you do not need a low end pipe and with this much natural torque on hand you can always go to a bigger gear for the top. I doubt very seriously you will ever use all of this motor. The tracks are not that big.
I'll be honest with you. People will make fun of you for running that motor.
"That is not a RACE motor like my Blahh - Blahh - Blahh....." Just remember that when you pass them anywhere on the track at will.
TEX
Old 03-08-2007, 04:37 PM
Tech Master

Post Well I suppose there is the consolation of.....

Originally Posted by Aaron Waldron
Mabuchi - No e-mail? I'll ask again. They're super busy at work, bear with me.
at least if I can't run it on the track it's not getting dirty and doesn't need cleaning.
Old 03-08-2007, 05:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

tex 1 - Thanks for the advice. So you have personal experience of this engine i guess ? To be honest im starting to get gray hair from all this reading about engines trying to find out what to get and what is good without costing an arm or a leg ! I just want an engine that is competitive on the track, will last for a while and is easy to tune.
Old 03-08-2007, 05:30 PM
Tech Master

WHATS UP AARON NEW TRACK TO RACE AT
Old 03-08-2007, 05:51 PM
Tech Elite

Swede - Most engines on the market today are pretty good; companies don't survive in this competitive marketplace by producing crap.

I have personal experience with the Mach .26 and I can vouch for its reliability, user-friendly carburetor, and overall power. It would be a great engine for any truggy.

Bob - I know! I'm excited, and happy for Jeremy because I think this could turn into something he will really enjoy.

And I stll get to drive my gas truck!
Old 03-08-2007, 06:51 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hello Aaron. I would guess that your getting/got the Losi 8ight-T, and I would guess your going to run the Drake Platinum motor. Are you going to run the .21 or the .28? It seems that most people are against running the bigger .28 and everybody uses .21's. Why is this? Didn't Truhe win the Dirt Nitro Challenge with a .28.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.