Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive) >

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree143Likes

Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 07:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Autocratic
How durable are the arms/turnbuckles/steering blocks on this car? I'm relatively new to carpet, but my last two cars I've been able to be decently fast with them, however the local track uses boards and my cars always seem to be attracted to them.

What's the overall performance with someone who hits a board or two every now and then?
The arms and steering blocks are very strong, you will likely never break these. You may break the turnbuckles if you hit hard and directly on the wheel. You can change them for titanium ones (id recommend lunsford) if you want. You can also fit an Xray T4 hard front bumper to help. I would also get some spare ball ends/scissor joints, and driveshaft parts (these dont break, but they may come apart if you pop a ball end or break a turnbuckle, in case you lose a part).
Old 02-18-2013, 05:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I sent Oleg my setup from the ROAR Region 2 race this morning, so it should be up soon. The track was tight but flowing high grip carpet, with many carousel type corners and a chicane. We used the Solaris Medium tires, which are the same as the upcoming nats. I will post the video of the race as soon as they are uploaded

Video from the main. I am the white nose/blue/pink starting from pole in the sweeper.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Last edited by geeunit1014; 02-18-2013 at 08:04 AM.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Autocratic
How durable are the arms/turnbuckles/steering blocks on this car? I'm relatively new to carpet, but my last two cars I've been able to be decently fast with them, however the local track uses boards and my cars always seem to be attracted to them.

What's the overall performance with someone who hits a board or two every now and then?
I think I could be the test-crash driver
I run with the car since December in 10.5 blinky and I've never broken anything, and I'm not so good (you know, the guy who's everytime in the last final,... ).

The car is definitely durable, I just folded a turnbuckle at my last race and popped off but never broke anything! Love this car so much, much more easy to drive on carpet track than my previous Yokomo BD5...and also much more durable

Regards,
G-rem
Old 02-18-2013, 10:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by geeunit1014
I sent Oleg my setup from the ROAR Region 2 race this morning, so it should be up soon. The track was tight but flowing high grip carpet, with many carousel type corners and a chicane. We used the Solaris Medium tires, which are the same as the upcoming nats....
Setup from Mike is here: http://awesomatix.com/download/
Please see also the roll centers and camber gains picture.
Attached Thumbnails Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)-a700-mike-gee-2.16.2013.jpg  
Old 02-24-2013, 09:28 AM
Tech Initiate

Has any Awesomatix joined the TITC in Thailand this week? How did they performed?

Regards!!
Old 02-24-2013, 09:32 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by columbia-mk2
Has any Awesomatix joined the TITC in Thailand this week? How did they performed?

Regards!!
having not see any Awesomatx car on the list
Old 02-24-2013, 09:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hello everyone - I hope Oleg doesn't mind me posting, but tonight we'll be putting in our first stocking order for the brand new Awesomatix USA (web site and store coming soon). Oleg has been very helpful to everyone globally who is running the car -- and we only hope Awesomatix USA can help extend that same high level of service and support. If anyone in the USA or Canada is looking for some kits or parts in the next 10 days we should be up and running by then.

Last edited by AwesomatixUSA; 03-16-2014 at 09:52 AM.
Old 02-24-2013, 10:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AwesomatixUSA
Hello everyone - I hope Oleg doesn't mind me posting, but tonight we'll be putting in our first stocking order for the brand new Awesomatix USA (web site and store coming soon). Oleg has been very helpful to everyone globally who is running the car -- and we only hope Awesomatix USA can help extend that same high level of service and support. If anyone in the USA or Canada is looking for some kits or parts in the next 10 days we should be up and running by then.
-Mike
Great news. Top tier support stateside. Good luck Mike!
Old 02-24-2013, 11:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Glad to see support coming stateside, I need to order some stuff, do I wait..... or do I order now from mother russia? Need a few things asap.....hmmmm tough one
Old 02-24-2013, 11:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Good Luck on the new venture Mike..

Originally Posted by oceanhighz
Glad to see support coming stateside, I need to order some stuff, do I wait..... or do I order now from mother russia? Need a few things asap.....hmmmm tough one
I say wait and show some support to the new US importer..
Old 02-24-2013, 12:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ron Goetter

Why?
Old 02-24-2013, 12:35 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Ron Goetter

Had I know who it was, I wouldn't have asked that question. It'll be nice to have it on the same side of the country and someone I started racing with. Hopefully competitive pricing without the extra shipping too
Old 02-24-2013, 12:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Originally Posted by gwhiz
Why?
Pretty simple really.... If you don't support the US Importer there is no US Importer...
Old 02-24-2013, 01:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for the support Dawson and Goat! The goal is to get part support fixed in the USA, build up the driver community and get hobby stores catering in onroad racers to start stocking items. I'll be at 2-4 major racers/year... And make sure our team drivers will be there to support where I cannot be. First race with support will be the ROAR Carpet Nats.

Brandon - if u let me know what u need I may have it already, or will make sure to get it. The order goes in after 10pm tonight.

Mike
Old 02-24-2013, 01:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by AwesomatixUSA
Thanks for the support Dawson and Goat! The goal is to get part support fixed in the USA, build up the driver community and get hobby stores catering in onroad racers to start stocking items. I'll be at 2-4 major racers/year... And make sure our team drivers will be there to support where I cannot be. First race with support will be the ROAR Carpet Nats.

Brandon - if u let me know what u need I may have it already, or will make sure to get it. The order goes in after 10pm tonight.

Mike
Mike- PM coming shortly, thanks man

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.