Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree173Likes

Galaxy RC Racers - Lynnwood, WA

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2020, 12:14 AM
Tech Adept

Hey guys, not all of us are on Facebook.....can you please provide scheduling updates here as well?
Old 06-23-2020, 07:43 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey Paul,

Sorry for the silence!

As of yet there have been no new updates with regards to if/when we might be able to start the season up.

What it ultimately boils down to is that the school district holds the keys to the kingdom regardless of state guidance for Snohomish county and we are holding to find out what they say once we enter Phase 3. They haven’t been able to provide us with any information yet, which is the reason for our lack of updates.

To be clear, the earliest we can get back to racing will be when Snohomish enters phase 3, but only if the school district opens up their property for use. Which we won’t know until phase 3 begins.

We’re still hoping to see some later summer racing in Edmonds, and are committed to getting out there as soon as the space is open for us to use.

Joshua
purplerain and Nortran11 like this.
Old 06-23-2020, 06:59 PM
Tech Adept

Hey Josh,

Hope you guys are doing ok. Thanks for the update. I didn't even think about the school aspect.

I happen to know of a gigantic parking lot with NOTHING going on and it's right in front of a hobby shop......
Old 06-24-2020, 12:30 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Nortran11
Hey Josh,

Hope you guys are doing ok. Thanks for the update. I didn't even think about the school aspect.

I happen to know of a gigantic parking lot with NOTHING going on and it's right in front of a hobby shop......
Any idea if we could actually use it without some sort of exorbitant fee's?

-Collin
Old 06-24-2020, 11:54 PM
Tech Adept

I could do some asking
Old 06-25-2020, 07:19 AM
Tech Adept

I could do some asking
Cool.​ If you find anything out let me know.
Old 07-02-2020, 07:36 PM
Tech Adept

Collin,

I'm going to head over to the mall office tomorrow. We've been super busy at the shop, can't keep stuff on the shelves! I'll let you know as soon as I find out some info
Allkair likes this.
Old 07-03-2020, 12:25 AM
Tech Adept

Collin,

I'm going to head over to the mall office tomorrow. We've been super busy at the shop, can't keep stuff on the shelves! I'll let you know as soon as I find out some info
Thank you!
Old 07-22-2020, 03:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have an unfortunate update to make that I was hoping wouldn't happen.

It's come through to the club that Tamiya has cancelled all regional and national events, as well as the World's event for 2020.

We've been holding out hope that TCS could still happen somehow and have been holding off on making any announcements until we're sure, but with this it's settled that there will not be a formal TCS event in the Pacific Northwest this year.

We are still holding out some hope that we might be able to find some sort of outdoor racing while the weather is good, but it will all be contingent upon the status of the pandemic, the states level of reopening, and the facilities willingness to work with us. It's unfortunately complicated as our friends up north at NORA have discovered as well.

I'm sorry I don't have better news and hope to have a more positive update in the future. In the mean-time, let's work together to help keep Washington healthy and get it reopened so we can get back to the important things in life... like racing toy cars.
angrymelon likes this.
Old 07-23-2020, 07:22 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JoshuaRC10
I have an unfortunate update to make that I was hoping wouldn't happen.

It's come through to the club that Tamiya has cancelled all regional and national events, as well as the World's event for 2020.

We've been holding out hope that TCS could still happen somehow and have been holding off on making any announcements until we're sure, but with this it's settled that there will not be a formal TCS event in the Pacific Northwest this year.
So one positive note on the above. After I chatted with Lou I reached out to Tamiya and they responded very quickly and asked what date we would like for 2021. Time to look at a 2021 calendar.

-C
cementsurfer86 and purplerain like this.
Old 07-29-2020, 08:39 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Allkair
So one positive note on the above. After I chatted with Lou I reached out to Tamiya and they responded very quickly and asked what date we would like for 2021. Time to look at a 2021 calendar.

-C
That's great news Colin. TCS is the highlight of my racing calendar, looking forward to it!
Old 01-05-2021, 09:54 AM
Tech Adept

Hi All,

Happy New Year!

2020 may have been a bust for RC racing, but we are planning 2021 in the hopes that COVID is put far enough behind us that we can race yet again when spring comes to the area. Below is the schedule that I have submitted to the school district so feel free to mark your calendars. I still have to send the district updated proof of insurance and such so we are still weeks out from approvals at best. Also, we will also work with Seattle RCR to make sure there is space for the Summer Sizzler. As another note for those not on Facebook we did pick up our own generator a few weeks ago as well, so that should make it so we can easily overcome any power problems if we encounter them. I have also reached to Tamiya about TCS in 2021 and hopefully will hear back soon. We will post more as we get updates and as always if you have questions just let us know!

1. May 2nd – First race day, expect lots of trying to remember how to do things
2. May 16th
3. May 30th (Memorial Day Weekend)
4. June 13th
5. June 20th – Father’s Day (Should we do something?)
6. June 27th
7. July 11th
8. July 25th – Proposed TCS day (TCS is a Free Race Day)
9. Aug 1st – Proposed Mini Enduro Day
10. Aug 8th
11. Aug 22nd
12. Sept 5th (Labor Day Weekend)

Thanks,
Collin
Old 01-22-2021, 08:17 AM
Tech Adept

Sharing the proposed 2020 schedule from our friends at Seattle RC Racers:
May 1
May 15
June 5
June 19
June 26 & 27 Summer Sizzler (This is SRCR)
July 10
July 14 – 18 Timezone Gran Prix (Battle Ground, WA)
July 25 TCS (Edmonds, WA) (This is us!)
July 31 – Aug 1 RRR Summer Challenge (Richmond, BC)
Aug 14
Aug 21
Aug 28

So assuming things stay as proposed for both groups, SRCR race at a public park and we deal with school district rules and we are in different counties so just because one of us gets a green light during COVID does not mean the other would, we would look to cancel our June 27th race day so those that are participating in the Sizzler can race both days without conflict.
Old 02-15-2021, 02:22 PM
Tech Adept

Two updates...
1) I heard back from Tamiya and they would love to make sure we are included in this year's TCS, but they are still figuring things. The good news is they heard us and we are on the list, we just have to wait to firm everything up. I am sure the logistics are a pain, but at least we know they heard our request!
2) I chatted with Edmonds School District and they are starting to open up for outdoor events by organization priority. First are the 1A groups and then 1B's which are actual school teams/clubs, 2A are non-profits that specifically support the district or school (90% of the attendees being in the district). After that is us and other NPO's. So it will be a bit before we can lock down some dates but the wheels are turning. Now normally once we get in a rotation we do not have an issue, but I have no idea how much pent-up demand there may be due to the pandemic, so keep those fingers crossed.
So in other words, all the news right now is positive, but nothing is firm yet. Enjoy the snow as it melts and I hope to have more updates soon!
-C
Blue Sky likes this.
Old 03-29-2021, 05:50 PM
Tech Adept

The latest update from the school district as of 9 min ago "2b now moving slowly but getting there." So while the grammar could use some work, the good news is that we are part of group 2b, so while that was not a "Yes, 100%, you are good to go and all the dates you could ever want are yours to use as you please.", it sounds like they have moved to our group, so that is positive news. So keep those fingers crossed.

-C

JoshuaRC10 likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.