Galaxy RC Racers - Lynnwood, WA >

Galaxy RC Racers - Lynnwood, WA

Like Tree94Likes

Galaxy RC Racers - Lynnwood, WA

Old 09-05-2019, 08:28 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default results from 9-1-2019

Here are the results from last Sunday's race. Unfortunately I do not have the novice class. The printer was out of paper & I didn't notice until it was to late. Collin is going to see if he can get it to re-print & if he douse I'm sure he will post it. Sorry for any inconvenience but I'm still learning the software & haven't quite figured that part out yet.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Results from 9-1-2019.pdf (612.8 KB, 68 views)
Allkair likes this.
Old 09-05-2019, 11:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Russ, the results are stored in the computer's hard drive in pdf form. Something like C:\RC Scoring Pro\Results and then each race date will have its own folder.
near the end of the folder, round1.txt, round2.txt, etc, will have all the qualifiers and mains in a single text file. The final round like R3_Race1<class_name> or R4_Race1 pdf files will be the same as the printouts you're looking for.

Allkair likes this.

Last edited by R3VoLuTiOn; 09-06-2019 at 10:49 AM.
Old 09-08-2019, 10:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

What is the address of this new track? Is gripworks store welcome?
will there be mod or should I install 17.5
So many questions ....
Old 09-08-2019, 11:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AlexPate View Post
So many questions ....
17.5 is the mod class there. To be safe i would also bring a 21.5.

i would guess yes you’re welcome considering galaxy just closed and there are no RC stores with in 15 miles. But ... i would definitely wait till someone who runs the program answers.
Old 09-08-2019, 10:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by AlexPate View Post
So many questions ....
7600 212th St SW, Edmonds, WA 98026
Yes - Just realize that lots of our cars are Tamiya, but plenty of folks are going to be prepping for winter indoor.
17.5 is our GT1
Old 09-08-2019, 10:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

As a side note. I did suggest that people bring items they are looking to offload to the races on Sunday the 15th. Have a little bit of a swap meet in preparation for winter racing.
cementsurfer86 likes this.
Old 09-09-2019, 11:21 AM
Tech Master

Alex brings top-notch support, that'll be a great addition to the last race!
Old 09-13-2019, 02:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

Finally had a chance to get out the race laptop and here are the novice results from 9/1.
Attached Files
R1_Race_08_Novice.pdf (108.0 KB, 33 views)
R3_Race_06_Novice_A_Main_.pdf (104.7 KB, 31 views)
R2_Race_08_Novice.pdf (107.9 KB, 30 views)
JoshuaRC10 likes this.
Old 09-13-2019, 02:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Still watching the weather for Sunday 9/15. If anybody happens to know any good weather chants/spells/rituals/prayers/secret weather control devices, now is the time to start using them. Final decisions will be made tomorrow.
Old 09-14-2019, 07:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Unfortunately, tomorrow’s race (9/15/19) has been cancelled due to threats of weather.

See you all indoors or next season!
Allkair likes this.
Old 02-28-2020, 12:16 PM
Tech Regular

Spring is coming! That means it’s time to start talking about what’s happening this spring/summer for Galaxy RC Racer’s first full year program! I know that the second half of last summer went so smoothly that it feels like we put a full program together, but it was only a half season! We are thrilled about what’s coming up this year and can’t wait to hit the track with you!

First thing’s first: We are still meeting at Edmonds/Woodway High School, but are being moved to the South lot. This is arguably a better surface with fewer cracks, divots, and seams than what we had last year. There’s also more space to work with, and while we aren’t making any promises we do think we can have a novice/practice ring setup in this area along with the main track. We’re thinking it might be even better for those sudden gusts of wind we kept getting last year that carried some tents away too. There’s tons of pit and parking space which should be simpler overall. In any case, we are looking forward to seeing what Justin Gilkison has in mind with track layouts.

As always there are still a couple of things to lock down, but we got the first set of approved dates from the school district which gets us through July (see below for the first 8 scheduled race dates). August/September will come as it gets closer. TCS is also confirmed to be hosted by Galaxy RC Racers and sponsored by Broadway Hobbies! We aren’t announcing the date officially until Tamiya has confirmed, but early indications look like it’ll be July 26th.

So, what business is left to do? Most importantly, we have to get the bill for the space and pay it. That should come in the next few days and once it is paid we are fully locked. The budget is all set aside for that so there’s no risk that it will fall through on our end. Next, we have to figure out power with the new spot and getting an inverter type generator that can handle 3,000+ watts to make sure everything we need to run can be run. We’ve started to look into that, but if anyone has a lead let us know! Finally, we need to get the road-rail cleaned up, Collin needs to learn how to back up a trailer, and a few other miscellaneous items.

We are also looking to build a loaner program for folks that are interested but don’t want to dump the money into the hobby just yet. We want everyone to have the chance to give on-road RC racing a shot and we think a healthy loaner program is the way to do it. We are also going to be exploring student outreach opportunities to help fulfill the mission of I.S.S., and we’ll need help with that too. So, do you have any cars, electronics, kits, tools, or other RC paraphernalia laying around that you’d like to donate? I.S.S. is a registered 501(c)3, which means donations are tax deductible.

In the meantime, it is good to have some of the big hurdles we’ve had to deal with over the winter behind us and we are looking forward to that first race of the spring season. A big thank you to a bunch of folks. Russ, Joshua, the rest of the I.S.S. GB, Lou at Broadway Hobbies for helping us keep a local TCS race, and Paul at Hobbytown for offering to help with this too to name a few. All the folks that just checked in from time to time and all the offers of help. All the people that share our posts so they get out there so we can keep growing and supporting this hobby. The folks with Seattle RC and NORA who not only run great programs but want to see our program succeed. Also thanks to TamiyaUSA for sticking with us as we ironed things out.

We have a couple more steps to take before everything is nailed down, but we’re close. Here are the currently scheduled race days:

April 19th (Assuming the weather cooperates this will be the first race and used to dust off the cobwebs… be prepared for some hiccups)

May 3rd, 17th, 31st

June 14th and 28th

July 12th and 26th

Aug & Sept: We have reservations in place but they are not confirmed at this time.
Old 03-31-2020, 02:52 PM
Tech Regular

We have a quick update on the upcoming outdoor season!

Due to the ongoing COVID19 crisis and related social distancing orders put in place, the decision to cancel the April 19 season opener has been made for us.

We are keeping a close eye on how events are unfolding and will keep the health and safety of our club at the top of our minds. As we get closer we will provide more information on the efficacy of having our May race dates. While we hope to have a full summer racing schedule we will not do anything to put the health and wellbeing of our racers in jeopardy.

We hope to see you all on the track soon, but until then, we'll see you on the internet!
Old 04-10-2020, 01:14 PM
Tech Regular

I know it's a few days late, but due to the extended stay home stay safe order, the May 3rd race is officially cancelled.

We are waiting to see what the public schools are going to do regarding rentals on their property as schools are closed for the rest of the year, but until we hear otherwise we are still planning on a May 17 season opener.

We may need to take special measures to keep racers safe if/when we have the option to get back together this summer, but with all the uncertainty around the COVID19 crisis we aren't making any decisions just yet. We'll make those decisions once we have a more complete picture and will continue to provide updates as we can.
Old 05-16-2020, 08:43 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JoshuaRC10 View Post
I know it's a few days late, but due to the extended stay home stay safe order, the May 3rd race is officially cancelled.

We are waiting to see what the public schools are going to do regarding rentals on their property as schools are closed for the rest of the year, but until we hear otherwise we are still planning on a May 17 season opener.

We may need to take special measures to keep racers safe if/when we have the option to get back together this summer, but with all the uncertainty around the COVID19 crisis we aren't making any decisions just yet. We'll make those decisions once we have a more complete picture and will continue to provide updates as we can.
I have a Tamiya question for you folks is the Porsche Ta02 SW chassis legal for Tamiya,Racing?
Allkair likes this.
Old 05-17-2020, 11:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by laro View Post
I have a Tamiya question for you folks is the Porsche Ta02 SW chassis legal for Tamiya,Racing?
It appears to be legal in GT2:

GT-2
This class is the perfect stage to compete against experienced and skilled drivers but with the
lower cost of Tamiya “Plastic Composites” chassis models. Professional and Sponsored
individuals are not allowed to race in this class.
Recommended Skill Level: Advanced to Expert
1. Legal chassis platforms: Any plastic composite TUB-Type chassis XV-01, TT-01, TT-
02, TA-01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07 and TB-03, TB-04, and TB-05 variants.
2. Recommended chassis platform: TA-07 or TB-05. These two platforms are the
latest that Tamiya has to offer and the current fastest machines in this class.
3. SPEC Motor rules: Participants in this class must use the REEDY SONIC FT fixed
timing 17.5/21.5 motors. Item #’s 293 & 297 respectively. See the TCS Location
Motor Matrix to see what turn motor is used for each event.
4. No BOOST ESC (Electronic Speed Control) rules: Any ROAR legal and approved
ESC may be used capable of “Blinky-Mode”. These ESC’s must not use electronic
timing (boost). See General Rules for ROAR approved “blinky” ESC list.
5. Minimum weight: 1410 Grams.
6. Legal race bodies: Any currently available Tamiya 190mm GT or Sports car body is
permitted.
7. Spec tire rules: See Spec-Tire Matrix in Tire/wheel section to see what tire is legal
for each regional race location.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.