Community
Wiki Posts
Search

gt 7 or quantum competiton 2

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2004, 05:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (92%+)

i would go the LRP hands down but because the Lrp is a bit more expensive most people go the GT-7.

just remember with the LRP you get what you pay for.
Old 04-27-2004, 05:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i heard that!
Old 04-27-2004, 05:40 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Whatever you pickup, try and buy it new. Sounds like there are issues with the first run GT7s and LRP QC2s.

One thing I noticed is that we have a Factory Driver for X-Ray here who had the QC2 and liked it if you ran 1 class. Since he ran 19turn and mod ( it may have been stock and mod that was the problem, not sure ) the esc takes alittle while to get used to the motor you are running since it handles all the changes itself. I don't this is something most of us would have a problem with, but it is something to consider.

As for the esc's blowing up, I haven't seen many QC2s at the track, but I have seen the GT7s blow up, but the newer ones seem to last longer.

I personally run a GM speed control as I like there stuff.
Old 04-27-2004, 05:42 AM
Tech Adept

just remember with the LRP you get what you pay for.
Yeah sure. You pay for a waterproof esc and you get POS which blows up when you put it near a glass of water.

Of course I am overexagerating, but only slightly.
Old 04-27-2004, 07:36 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by vassago
Yeah sure. You pay for a waterproof esc and you get POS which blows up when you put it near a glass of water.

Of course I am overexagerating, but only slightly.
ofcours you are exagerating! If its within a mile from water it blows!

And lifetime waranty, YOU NEED IT WHEN IT TAKES THEM MORE THEN 6 MONTHS TO REPLACE IT!
Old 04-27-2004, 08:21 AM
Tech Regular

go for the ko vfs 2000 they are so smoooooth but very punchy
Old 04-27-2004, 08:36 AM
V12
Tech Elite

so which one is the punchiest ESC fore stock racing?
Quantum Competition2 using stock profile or the KO?
Old 04-27-2004, 08:55 AM
MSB
Tech Adept

My burned Q2 (in world wide life time warranty, and so on...) was the first and the last LRP product to me.
I miss so much my good old GM V12xc that I sold last year. Even at a wet racing last year and after a good cleaning it was ok. After two years of hard working it still works in the hands of the guy who bought me. And what a punch this GM have
Old 04-27-2004, 09:20 AM
Tech Adept

Mtronik Cirrus.
Small, really waterproof, good customer support, and with everything else that you might expect from a top of the line ESC.
Old 04-27-2004, 11:02 AM
Tech Addict

i have heard of some Q2's haveing problems but the Q1's are fine and still available.
Old 04-27-2004, 12:00 PM
Tech Regular

I have a Novak GT7 and an LRP Q2 and cannot complain about any of these ESCs. Never had problems with one or the other. In my opinion, they are two of the best speed controllers on the market, each having their own advantages

If I am racing with an rc car with red/orange aluminium, I tend to install the GT7
If I am racing with blue stuffed rc car, I tend to install the LRP
This way the colour will match too

By the way, one of my friends had a Novak GT7 which burnt However Novak replaced it for him for free
Old 04-27-2004, 12:51 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by V12
so which one is the punchiest ESC fore stock racing?
Quantum Competition2 using stock profile or the KO?
probably the ko is the punchiest but so say Q2's are blowing up so i'd go for the ko
Old 04-27-2004, 02:48 PM
MSB
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Chazz
probably the ko is the punchiest but so say Q2's are blowing up so i'd go for the ko
Hi Chazz

I reed in british forum (donīt remember the name) that you race a lot in wet conditions and some Q2īs and Nosram Evolutionīs have burned to.

The race that I burned mine, the Spanish Cup in Lleida, last March, a lot of Q2īs and Nosram Evolutionīs had burned. I counted 11 (eleven) on saturday, the pratice day. But on sunday, race day, I could not continued counting, as I was tying to drie mine.

However I eard that you race with waterproof M.troniks Cirrus Competition, Vega V3 sport and MRT Pro and Sport escīs. Could you comment or tell us something about these british escīs??
Thanks
Old 04-27-2004, 04:30 PM
Tech Master

Cool

Originally posted by Racer_Chick
I have a GT7 in my B4 (Keyence in my TC3) and it's great. I haven't had any problems with it. Even if you do have problems, Novak is a great company to deal with.
MSB
If you intend to race the Q2 in wet conditions: FORGET.
It dont last one round. I did only 2 races with mine, one in dry asfalt (good performance) and one in a wet round (blowed up with some fire works).
It had been more time in that life time warranty than in my hands. And carefull guys, because this llife time warranty is going to heart your wallet.
I even send a email to LRP Germany without answer. Is it arrogance or are they joking with their customers

WENCY_TA03R-PRO
I don't encountered any problem with my NOVAK GT7 and I've been using it for 3 years.. still as punchy as it was on the year I bought it.. Novak is a company who respond and listen to all its consumers regarding problems and issues that they encountered. Its really a company who honors its consumers..Its one best characteristics that any company should have..

dhiracing.com
I have a Novak GT7 and an LRP Q2 and cannot complain about any of these ESCs. Never had problems with one or the other. In my opinion, they are two of the best speed controllers on the market, each having their own advantages

If I am racing with an rc car with red/orange aluminium, I tend to install the GT7
If I am racing with blue stuffed rc car, I tend to install the LRP
This way the colour will match too

WENCY_TA03R-PRO
Nice way of color scheme bro!!..

vassago

hardriven rc
ofcours you are exagerating! If its within a mile from water it blows!

And lifetime waranty, YOU NEED IT WHEN IT TAKES THEM MORE THEN 6 MONTHS TO REPLACE IT!

WENCY_TA03R-PRO
Was that the water proof effect??..
Anyway its best not to race in rain or in wet race track coz for sure it may not only damage your ESC but your motor perhaps?..

H A P P Y R A C I N G G U Y S !!!!
Old 04-27-2004, 04:44 PM
Tech Master

Talking

I can offer some Very Biased opinion if anyone likes.... Just kidding. I'll leave this one alone.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.