Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
New Caster Racing Nitro Buggy Just Announced! >

New Caster Racing Nitro Buggy Just Announced!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Caster Racing Nitro Buggy Just Announced!

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 05:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

looks sweet....just needs a hd wing..which I still have a pro-line one left
Old 12-28-2008, 07:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well I decided to run the 1.5R today for the first time even with NOT setting it up with the Hudy like I wanted too. FIRST IMPRESSION.....WOW!!! This buggy has so much more acceleration on the bottom coming out of turns it is CRAZY! The 46 tooth spur (44t was on the ZX1-R) made all the difference in the world. I can clear jumps with half the runup I would need on the ZX1-R. Buggy felt so much smoother to with the acceleration. Steering even though not set up yet is better too. I felt like I was driving a C-hub car again, I had no push whatsoever. There is so much droop in the front and rear of the car now that at full droop the axles actually rub the lower A-arms which never happened before.

Only problem I had was the rear was way too loose. Had a hard time keeping the rear from coming around on me. Changed tires with no luck. I moved the rear lower hinge pin on the rear out hub to the top hole and help very little. I think I setup my shocks wrong. I think I have 1.4mm in the ZX1-R with 45wt front and 30wt rear, which I did the same in the 1.5R except I put 1.3mm pistons. Shocks are way siffer but with no rebound when my ZX1-R the suspension is very loose and good rebound. That might be part of my problem.

All in all the buggy was extremely fast today, Faster than I could handle right now till I get used to it. Drives NOTHING like a ZX1-R except that it is still very smooth. I think this buggy will be way more sensitive to setup changes then the old one. Once I get the back end hooked up I know for a fact I will be a couple seconds faster instantly.

At the race today I qualified 1st in B-main and lapped the field and bumped to the A-main. Was running ok fighting the rear end but had battery problems. My charger went bad. Had 2 batteries go dead and blew a glow plug. Still finished and ran very good.
Old 12-28-2008, 07:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

What did you run in the difs? That could be part of the rear end looseness issue. I have been running 5/5/2 in my Losi 8ight and feel pretty good about the rear end feel which is notorious loose on an 8ight.

Originally Posted by vnmsgt
Well I decided to run the 1.5R today for the first time even with NOT setting it up with the Hudy like I wanted too. FIRST IMPRESSION.....WOW!!! This buggy has so much more acceleration on the bottom coming out of turns it is CRAZY! The 46 tooth spur (44t was on the ZX1-R) made all the difference in the world. I can clear jumps with half the runup I would need on the ZX1-R. Buggy felt so much smoother to with the acceleration. Steering even though not set up yet is better too. I felt like I was driving a C-hub car again, I had no push whatsoever. There is so much droop in the front and rear of the car now that at full droop the axles actually rub the lower A-arms which never happened before.

Only problem I had was the rear was way too loose. Had a hard time keeping the rear from coming around on me. Changed tires with no luck. I moved the rear lower hinge pin on the rear out hub to the top hole and help very little. I think I setup my shocks wrong. I think I have 1.4mm in the ZX1-R with 45wt front and 30wt rear, which I did the same in the 1.5R except I put 1.3mm pistons. Shocks are way siffer but with no rebound when my ZX1-R the suspension is very loose and good rebound. That might be part of my problem.

All in all the buggy was extremely fast today, Faster than I could handle right now till I get used to it. Drives NOTHING like a ZX1-R except that it is still very smooth. I think this buggy will be way more sensitive to setup changes then the old one. Once I get the back end hooked up I know for a fact I will be a couple seconds faster instantly.

At the race today I qualified 1st in B-main and lapped the field and bumped to the A-main. Was running ok fighting the rear end but had battery problems. My charger went bad. Had 2 batteries go dead and blew a glow plug. Still finished and ran very good.
Old 12-28-2008, 07:21 PM
Tech Master

LOL. That is what I am running 5/5/2. I set it up the same as my ZX1-R besides what I said above about the hudy and the shock pistons. It does come with a 2.5 rear toe plate instead of the 3 degree one on the ZX1-R. That could be something.
Old 12-28-2008, 07:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

LOL. That is what I am running 5/5/2. I set it up the same as my ZX1-R besides what I said above about the hudy and the shock pistons. It does come with a 2.5 rear toe plate instead of the 3 degree one on the ZX1-R. That could be something.
Yah I saw that it comes with a 2.5. I think a 3/3 would make a big difference too. I can't remember if I ordered that yet, my order does finally come in on Tuesday. My first race with the new Buggy and the Truggy will be this coming Saturday. I will let you know how it goes. If I get the 3 degree plate, I am running that instead. Good job on the finish btw! If you get a chance can you either post or send me your setup sheet?
Old 12-28-2008, 07:39 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by modhobby
Yah I saw that it comes with a 2.5. I think a 3/3 would make a big difference too. I can't remember if I ordered that yet, my order does finally come in on Tuesday. My first race with the new Buggy and the Truggy will be this coming Saturday. I will let you know how it goes. If I get the 3 degree plate, I am running that instead. Good job on the finish btw! If you get a chance can you either post or send me your setup sheet?
For the Truggy or buggy? If you mean truggy, then go to Truggyracers and look at the K8T thread there and I have my setup posted. Of course you have to add the usual trimming of the lower arms and knuckles too
Old 12-28-2008, 07:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

For the Truggy or buggy? If you mean truggy, then go to Truggyracers and look at the K8T thread there and I have my setup posted. Of course you have to add the usual trimming of the lower arms and knuckles too
For the 1.5r Buggy. Truggy would be nice though too
Old 12-28-2008, 08:00 PM
Tech Master

Buggy 1.5R

I am running 5-5-2 in the diffs.

shock- big bores, 45wt front-35wt rear with blue springs, 1.3mm pistons

shock position- top hole in front, top in rear on towers, both in inside hole on arm.

wheelbase- long

rear out hinge pin on lower arm in upper hole on are hub

rear anti squat- pins up

rear upper arms- inner center hole on tower, upper outer hole on upright.

Front toe out -2 degrees (going to be that as I have not set it up on hudy yet)

Rear Camber -2 degrees (going to be that as I have not set it up on hudy yet)

No shock spacers on front shocks and 2 medium spacer in rear shocks

Full droop (will be changed after today of racing)
Old 12-28-2008, 09:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

chris your sticking with the 5-5-2 in the diffs??
Old 12-29-2008, 03:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

New ride looks really nice! Couple things I dont like. Dont everyone jump on me. The wing is ugly as sin! JMO. Why flathead hingepin screws? And They shoulda desinged the CVD's to be captured by the bearings. One less thing to go wrong. I hope they spent alot of RnD time on the shocks. Everyone want BB's now and with Caster's pricing if they are good they will be a hot item. Okay, you can yell at me now for bitching.
Old 12-29-2008, 05:07 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bigsquidracer
chris your sticking with the 5-5-2 in the diffs??
For right now, yes. Has worked good for me for awhile now. Will see if I can make the suspension setup changes to cure the problem first which I think I will be able to do.
Old 12-29-2008, 05:13 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by slaytanic
New ride looks really nice! Couple things I dont like. Dont everyone jump on me. The wing is ugly as sin! JMO. Why flathead hingepin screws? And They shoulda desinged the CVD's to be captured by the bearings. One less thing to go wrong. I hope they spent alot of RnD time on the shocks. Everyone want BB's now and with Caster's pricing if they are good they will be a hot item. Okay, you can yell at me now for bitching.
, just kidding. I sort of agree with you on the wing but it is ok for me. I wish it was like a high downforce wing and Caster should make one (HINT HINT MIKE). I do HATE the flat head hinge pins but the work. I even told Cam when he was having them redone to make them allen heads, but guess not. The CVD's are the same ones that were on the ZX1-R and yes would be better the way you mentioned but I have never had one come out for myself. The Shocks are great. They have been out for awhile already and I have loved them. The shocks do have a couple unique things that other shocks do not.
Old 12-29-2008, 11:03 AM
JQ
Tech Master

like what?
Old 12-29-2008, 12:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slaytanic

you hit it right on the money with the wing and flathead hingpins...not too worried about the cvd's but the wing especially has to go when I get mine(luckily I kept a proline HD bnip just for such occassions)
Old 12-29-2008, 02:10 PM
Tech Elite

That is hilarious. I absolutely love the wing. Way better than the old proline style one........

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.