Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
New Caster Racing Nitro Buggy Just Announced! >

New Caster Racing Nitro Buggy Just Announced!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Caster Racing Nitro Buggy Just Announced!

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 07:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

this sucks I've gotta wait even longer lol...hopefully i get one ready and built before the 24th of next month
Old 12-10-2008, 07:46 PM
Tech Adept

It wont be long.
Old 12-18-2008, 09:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

8 days since the last post in the CORRECT Caster thread. Let's bring it to the top and get rid of all the other garbage.

Mike, I see you guys have a c hub conversion? Whats the deal. Is it just a preference thing or do you feel it improves the buggy?

Has the diff/pinion design changed at all in the new design?
Old 12-18-2008, 09:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slaytanic
8 days since the last post in the CORRECT Caster thread. Let's bring it to the top and get rid of all the other garbage.

Mike, I see you guys have a c hub conversion? Whats the deal. Is it just a preference thing or do you feel it improves the buggy?

Has the diff/pinion design changed at all in the new design?
I'm not Mike...but I think I can handle most of this one.

That I know of, only one guy in the USA has ran the Caster c-hub conversion. We currently have 3 or 4 guys that have ordered them to try out. I will also try one out soon.

The diffs in the new buggy are helical cut with tighter tolerances than the old version. They should be the same gears that are currently sold in the electric Fusion buggy.
Old 12-18-2008, 11:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

The new gears in the fusion pro are sweet. i dont think there will be any issues with them
Old 12-18-2008, 11:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

also the c-hub is a option for people to try i have a feeling after they run it they will like it but lap times compared to the pilloball will be affected. with the pillowballs you can get through the rough sections faster

and slaytanic if i get to leisure you can give my fusion pro a whirl around the track
Old 12-19-2008, 03:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

Originally Posted by cheesecake
also the c-hub is a option for people to try i have a feeling after they run it they will like it but lap times compared to the pilloball will be affected. with the pillowballs you can get through the rough sections faster

and slaytanic if i get to leisure you can give my fusion pro a whirl around the track

No way man. You'll put bad Ju-JU on my Xray! You are too good to hang out with us Nitro boys now anyway!

JFWY!

I saw Cam's down in Alvaredo and it looked sweet! I don't think I like pillowball all that much too tell you the truth. Nice to have an option!
Old 12-19-2008, 04:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

So just the Fusion PRO has helical cut gears and the 1.5r should? My Fusion sport does not have helical gears but they are different than a ZX1-R.
Old 12-23-2008, 04:27 PM
Tech Master

Just got my 1.5R in today Will post some pics as I build it so everyone can see. You can definetly see the quality is a step above what it was. Ring and pinions are slightly bevel cut now. Steering turnbuckle rod ends are not captured and the plastic ball ends are alot thicker. The wing mount is completely different and seems longer and higher. Also the Chassis actually has ZX1.5R engraved in bold letters on the bottom of the chassis. Diff orings are orange now and you can tell thicker then the old ones and should solve any diff leaking issues from the past.
Old 12-23-2008, 04:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

lucky you. Look forward to seeing pics. My 1.5 is in limbo somewhere as the tracking # doesn't work but I'm sure it'll make it sometime.
Old 12-23-2008, 06:50 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Dang Chris I havent even got my 1.5 yet! LOL Oh well What I have now is close enough Will have pics on caster site latter tonite. Get those 1.5 pics on here asap!!
Old 12-24-2008, 08:30 AM
Tech Master

I am at work right now but can post pics later this evening. This thing is sweet. The diff gears look WAY BETTER and are slightly bevel cut ring and pinions. NO NEED FOR SHIMMING the diff in the bulkhead, FITS PERFECT. The ring and pinions are so smooth now it ain't even funny. The outdrives look the same but the shafts that go into the diff case are slight shorter and also the pinion gear looks like the toughest one I have ever seen, Also is lighter too with a huge hole drilled in the center. Front shock tower is alot shorter therefore you can get alot more droop and the holes are alot closer together which will lay the shocks down more. Servo saver threads are alot more course and will prevent stripping of it like what was easy to do on the previous model. Hinge pins look alot harder and are different color. Steering rod ends are captured and the plastic ball end is way thicker and stronger so should not break anymore. Also no need to put spacers under the ackerman plate ball or knuckle one to get rid of bumpsteer as the new captured ones sit on a post and automatically to this for you. That is all I can see as of now. I will post more later as I find out.

BTW Think we should make a new thread that just says Caster Racing ZX1.5R? This one just says new buggy announced. Or can we change the name of this thread somehow which I think would be better.
Old 12-24-2008, 09:07 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by vnmsgt
BTW Think we should make a new thread that just says Caster Racing ZX1.5R? This one just says new buggy announced. Or can we change the name of this thread somehow which I think would be better.
Pm the moderator if the thread name is to be changed. I think hes the only one that can do that.
Old 12-24-2008, 10:40 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Dude C.
Pm the moderator if the thread name is to be changed. I think hes the only one that can do that.
Who's the mod?
Old 12-24-2008, 11:31 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by vnmsgt
Who's the mod?
Go to list of forums and at the bottom. It's Mr. Losi is who ya need to contact.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.