Community
Wiki Posts
Search

KO PROPO EX-10 Helios q's

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2004, 12:36 AM
Tech Master

Another question:

I want to increase the "sensitivity" of the trigger (throttle), because I have to pull at least 1/8-1/4 back till the ESC engages. I set up the ESC correctly as well. Is there anyway to do this?

I remember with my old 3PJ, the slightest touch of the throttle engages the ESC and the car moves.

Thanks!
Old 09-30-2004, 12:45 AM
Tech Adept

I had the same problem,adjust the throttle punch,I had to go to 40%.
hope that helps.
Old 09-30-2004, 01:46 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally posted by wothrottle
I had the same problem,adjust the throttle punch,I had to go to 40%.
hope that helps.
wothrottle.. u dont have problems with wheelspin? i guess it depends on your esc too.. i have some slight wheelspin when i race parking lot (low traction + low drive frequency settings on my VFS2000) i keep mine around 10% for parking lot.

dont forget to set your throttle hi-point to 150 too. the default setting for the Mars-R and Helios is at 100.

try adjusting your throttle curve too.. it'll make it more sensitive at the beginning and dull it out on the other end (robert, correct me if im wrong on that one)
Old 09-30-2004, 01:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

KO PROPO Staff,

Hey I just picked up my ex-10, what do I need to program from my pc? ...do you have a part number of what we need to I can get Billy @ Speedworld raceway to order it for me? Also, on the 2343 servo, what is needed to program it from the pc? I downloaded all the pcsoftware and I can program my VFS1, just need to know what all missing pieces there is to program the 2343 and the ex10.
Old 09-30-2004, 01:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

KO PROPO STAFF,
Am I correct on my assumption of the third channel function??
Old 09-30-2004, 02:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by HarshGuy
KO PROPO Staff,

Hey I just picked up my ex-10, what do I need to program from my pc? ...do you have a part number of what we need to I can get Billy @ Speedworld raceway to order it for me? Also, on the 2343 servo, what is needed to program it from the pc? I downloaded all the pcsoftware and I can program my VFS1, just need to know what all missing pieces there is to program the 2343 and the ex10.
# 61001 is the Value kit that includes cables to set up the Helios, Digital servos and VFS esc's. All the programs is included to do it. I have it and it works flawlessly
Old 09-30-2004, 02:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Sparx
# 61001 is the Value kit that includes cables to set up the Helios, Digital servos and VFS esc's. All the programs is included to do it. I have it and it works flawlessly
saweet ....ty
Old 09-30-2004, 02:37 PM
Tech Master

KO PROPO Staff,

If you already have the PC Interface then you will not need the value set. You will only need the ICS Communication Adapter #61003 to plug the Helios to the PC interface.

For the servo, you will need a "Y" type of servo harness. One end goes to the PC interface, other to the servo and the last connection to a receiver batttery pack. The part number on this is #36509.
Old 09-30-2004, 02:38 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by RACETEK
KO PROPO STAFF,
Am I correct on my assumption of the third channel function??
The third channel is basically an on/off switch, used for cars such as a T-Maxx for reverse. There is no channel mixing function.
Old 09-30-2004, 02:46 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by KO PROPO Staff
If you already have the PC Interface then you will not need the value set. You will only need the ICS Communication Adapter #61003 to plug the Helios to the PC interface.

For the servo, you will need a "Y" type of servo harness. One end goes to the PC interface, other to the servo and the last connection to a receiver batttery pack. The part number on this is #36509.
Yea I have the adaptor that goes from the com port to the plug (for the VFS programming) ....on the "Y" harness, could I just put the recievery battery pack part of the Y into the reciever and power on the car like "normal"?
Old 09-30-2004, 03:44 PM
Tech Master

Yea I have the adaptor that goes from the com port to the plug (for the VFS programming) ....on the "Y" harness, could I just put the recievery battery pack part of the Y into the reciever and power on the car like "normal"?
Plug the male end on the "y" harness to the PC interface not to the receiver.

maybe this diagram will help explain.

servo Rx Battery
\ /
\ /
\ /
\ /
l
l
l
PC Interface
Old 09-30-2004, 05:40 PM
Tech Elite

OK I see now ...I have 2 more questions,

1) Can I use the same charger deal that I have for my mars? ...it's a KO plug in charger that goes into the jack on the controller

2) This same charger appears to have a female connector that could plug into that "Y" ...can I use that for the seteup diagramed below instead of the Rx Battery?

Plug the male end on the "y" harness to the PC interface not to the receiver.

maybe this diagram will help explain.

servo Rx Battery
\ /
\ /
\ /
\ /
l
l
l
PC Interface
Old 09-30-2004, 06:14 PM
Tech Master

OK I see now ...I have 2 more questions,

1) Can I use the same charger deal that I have for my mars? ...it's a KO plug in charger that goes into the jack on the controller

2) This same charger appears to have a female connector that could plug into that "Y" ...can I use that for the seteup diagramed below instead of the Rx Battery?
Answers:

1) Yes.
2) No.
Old 09-30-2004, 06:41 PM
Tech Elite

THX!! ...I picked up the Y harness & Recvr pack @ speedworld today so I'll charge the little pack up and see what fun there is to be had programmingthe servo ....Billy tried to order that ICS deal from his distributor and they don't appear to carry it ...so he said he would call you to order it from you (you are Robert right?) ...can't wait to get that, now I can program my car to drive itself while I kick back on the drivers stand eating a hamburger

Answers:

1) Yes.
2) No.
Old 09-30-2004, 06:45 PM
Tech Master

THX!! ...I picked up the Y harness & Recvr pack @ speedworld today so I'll charge the little pack up and see what fun there is to be had programmingthe servo ....Billy tried to order that ICS deal from his distributor and they don't appear to carry it ...so he said he would call you to order it from you (you are Robert right?) ...can't wait to get that, now I can program my car to drive itself while I kick back on the drivers stand eating a hamburger
You hire someone to drive for you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.