Search
Like Tree2Likes

Rc10ntc3

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 01:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by badKarma
is "the Fix" totally neccesary for making the NTC Plus race ready? if so, why?
Do more people run foams or rubber on asphalt? what are the advantages of each?
You don't need THE FIX if you will never touch other cars, or the boards or having any accident while racing.......on real racing, that is impossilbe.
If your track allow......foam is over rubber hands down...there are nothing rubber tires can do better then foams outdoor, except slower lap times, less rear traction, cause more to find out the right compound compare to foams, which is very much around 35, 37 or 40 shores....within those range.
Old 06-23-2005, 03:20 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Without the fix any front end crash will snap the shock tower off the top gear case, ruining both. Do this enough times and you'll get tired of it. K-Factory sells a front shock tower that bolts to seven points on the car. IT's more expensive but does the same thing.
Old 06-23-2005, 07:17 PM

newer yellowish gears,
Old 06-24-2005, 02:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by badKarma
is the .15 engine that comes with it sufficiant for starting out? what other upgrades should be needed?
The .15 engine is an awesome engine for starting out.......good power
Consider a side chassis brace to protect the fuel tank from side-impacts....I think 3-racing make these (theyre on rcmart.com)....also consider the aluminium drive cups....theyre a bit more durable than the plastic ones.
Old 06-24-2005, 10:21 PM
Tech Adept

do u think it is worth getting a side brace for a guy who's on a tight budget? is it really that usefull? what do u think my needs are to upgrade my RTR..it already has Rd logics chassis..engine..pipe..and a couple other things..i was thinking my suspension..anything else? also what does a oil filter do?
Old 06-24-2005, 11:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rally
do u think it is worth getting a side brace for a guy who's on a tight budget? is it really that usefull? what do u think my needs are to upgrade my RTR..it already has Rd logics chassis..engine..pipe..and a couple other things..i was thinking my suspension..anything else? also what does a oil filter do?

if u don't crash,the side brace won't be necessary,but that is outright impossible.go buy it.it will save u money in the future.upgrades........threaded shocks,foam tyres,spring set,the fix,aluminium input cup,v2 rear suspension.i think that is it.air filter basically blocks out dirt from going into the engine.it is attached to the fuel line.hope this helps
Old 06-25-2005, 05:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

ON the NTc3 a fuel filter is not really needed as it has a built in one on the tank. I had a regular inline one on mine and ran about 10 tanks with it. I took it apart later that day and it was cleas as new. The stock tank filter does its job perfectly.
Old 06-25-2005, 05:57 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nsxshogun
ON the NTc3 a fuel filter is not really needed as it has a built in one on the tank. I had a regular inline one on mine and ran about 10 tanks with it. I took it apart later that day and it was cleas as new. The stock tank filter does its job perfectly.

but i reccomend using one.just to make sure.u don't want to lose a 300 us$ engine because of not buying a 10$ filter,do u???as far as i noe,no internal filter can eliminate all dirt.just go to the lhs and pick one filter up.my .02 cents
Old 06-25-2005, 06:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Yea I still run with mine. I don't think it really has to filter anything its like a just in case thing.
Old 06-25-2005, 06:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nsxshogun
Yea I still run with mine. I don't think it really has to filter anything its like a just in case thing.

exactly.better be safe than sorry rite?
Old 06-25-2005, 06:33 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by rally
Considering how relatively inexpensive it is compared to replacing the tank a couple times the side brace is a good idea. And you don't break the tank from hitting stuff, you break it when someone hits you. Get a little sideways and the guy behind nails you on the right side, and that shoves the pipe into the tank.
Old 06-25-2005, 08:28 AM
Tech Adept

sounds like a plan, I had someone hit me on that side so hard he pushed the header into the flywheel almost. I might have to look around for one of those braces.
Old 06-25-2005, 08:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

I run an in-line filter...

...with the internals removed! A few seconds of extra run-time.
Old 06-25-2005, 12:24 PM
Tech Adept

does the side brace also protect your pipe? also what fuel do u recomend? for a gallon id like to spend no more than 30 to 40 canadian..ive got a rd logics engine
Old 06-25-2005, 03:36 PM
Tech Lord

No, the pipe sits on the outside of the brace, so the pipe is on it's own.

I run Byron's 30% in everything. O'Donnell is also good fuel. You can save a few bucks running 20%

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.