The perfect touring car

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The perfect touring car

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2005, 10:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

xray is mentioned quite alot in there......

must mean the best overall is the xray
Old 07-11-2005, 06:04 AM
Tech Addict

Wake up Dudes ! There's no such thing as the perfect Car ! ....jez like there's no such thing as the perfect Woman ! .....You may be perfectly happy and contented with the one you got now ....but sooner or later, a newer model will come along which seems more perfect than the one you GOT !

Perfection, It's all in the mind !
Old 07-11-2005, 06:12 AM
Tech Regular

Ghostfit

like yours post hehe!!
Old 07-12-2005, 06:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

The perfect touring car is the one that YOU can get around the track the quickest. Free spinning drivetrains don't have to spin for 30 seconds. If it does, you may want to check out some lighter drivetrain parts. Less weight=less momentum. It's a good thing that someone is willing to admit that they have to take their whole x-ray apart to get the diff out. 6 screws and you have the TC4 diff in your hand. The JRX-S is starting to grow on me. The funny thing is, that no matter how the car awkward the car looks on your pit table, it looks like a Mazda 6 or an Alfa on the track. If it weren't for the odd position of the antenna, no one would know what you were driving. As far as Dawgmeat's opinion, I can tell you that he's owned every one of those cars. He's probably working on a frankenstien touring car as we speak.
Old 07-12-2005, 10:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Chad- I run regular steel bearings with grease. I am not kidding you. Other people may laugh as they want, but I get about 5-7 seconds of spin time once I have run the car with new bearings for a pack or two. The extra grease actually flings out of the bearing, leaving a nice coating on the balls. The grease actually makes the bearing roll much better under side loads and rolling loads, as when your actually running the car. That free spin contest is nothing more than hype. Ceramic bearings are a waste of money because they are fragile, as soon as you tap a board, they can crack the balls inside. Thus leaving you with a drag on the drivetrain and a huge waste of money.
Old 07-12-2005, 10:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by StephenSobottka
Chad- I run regular steel bearings with grease. That free spin contest is nothing more than hype. Ceramic bearings are a waste of money because they are fragile, as soon as you tap a board, they can crack the balls inside. Thus leaving you with a drag on the drivetrain and a huge waste of money.
This my friend is why you will be the man someday! (maybe Vegas? )
Old 07-12-2005, 11:49 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks Stephen, I think I'll just get a set of steel bearings and maybe spray them out and put some Royal Oil in them.
Old 07-12-2005, 12:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Yup, no problem, I know I'm your hero Boomer! haha
Old 07-12-2005, 03:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just wanted to defend my personal choice, the JRX-S. It seems some have accused it of being brittle. I just wanted to say that mine has driven away (in tact) from some wrecks when I felt it had no right to do so. If you're breaking front end parts on the car, just buy a Rubberneck/P-Dub bumper (that goes for any car actually). That should help the problem. In my less than world champion hands, the JRX-S has been plenty durable (running mod TC for the first time, no less). I mean, I busted a suspension mount, and didn't know about it until I tore my car down after that race day, which is a testament to the effectiveness of Losi's pining method. And while some think the car is weird looking, I think it's pretty cool. But then I'm and engineer and a sucker for an interesting design.

The great thing about R/C right now is that there are so many great products out there. None are perfect though (never will be as everyone has a different definition of "perfect"). Just remember to have fun!
Old 07-12-2005, 04:35 PM
Tech Regular

1. Drivetrain-TRF415MS cuz its the world champ!!

2. Wrenching-TRF415MS cuz its the world champ!!

3. Tuning-TRF415MS cuz its the world champ!!

4. Wear and tear-TRF415MS cuz its the world champ!!

5. Suspension-TRF415MS cuz its the world champ!!

6. Parts and fit- TRF415MS cuz its the world champ!!

7. Steering mechanism- TRF415MS cuz its the world champ!!

whats great is my post is as valid as all the others, cuz this whole thread is just each persons opinion. it means nothing what indavidual pieces of the car is the best, its what works best as a whole, and right now its TRF415MS cuz its the world champ!!
Old 07-12-2005, 05:44 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by odawg315
and right now its TRF415MS cuz its the world champ!!

Nahhh ! ...wait til you see the TA05 ! better in ALL the catagories you mentioned and much cheaper to boot !

Of course, that just another 2 cents opinion !
Old 07-12-2005, 05:51 PM
Tech Master

The JRX-S is pretty durable. I've slid into walls and smacked boards that would broke uprights and c-hubs on my XRay and the only thing that happened was the negative battery wire comming off!
Old 07-12-2005, 06:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

I must say, I have owned all the cars except for the Tamiya. The JRXS is the most durable (with a rubberneck) I have broken nothing, most my others I break C hubs or arms. As far as drivetrain the JRXS is the smoothest thing next to a shaft car. No Xray or any belt car spins as smooth or as efficiently as the JRXS. As far as wrenching, the JRXS is cool and easy for diff access and belt tension is easier than anything else, but just to get batteries soldered up and do motor work is a royal pain. I guess you have to give some to get some.
Old 07-12-2005, 07:30 PM
Tech Elite

I must say, I have owned all the cars except for the Tamiya. The Yokomo is the most durable (with a rubberneck) I have broken nothing, most my others I break C hubs or arms. As far as drivetrain the Yokomo is the smoothest thing next to a shaft car. No Xray or any belt car spins as smooth or as efficiently as the Yokomo. As far as wrenching, the Yokomo is cool and easy for diff access and belt tension is easier than anything else, but just to get batteries soldered up and do motor work is a royal pain. I guess you have to give some to get some.

Ummmm, every car is durable with the stiff bumper. GO P-DUB!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-12-2005, 07:36 PM
Tech Regular

Exclamation Looking for perfect touring car

Anybody has an idea what touring car is the best car. thinking of RDX & XRAY or Yokomo BD any suggestions? Your all experts on this!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.