The perfect touring car

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The perfect touring car

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2005, 07:37 PM
Tech Regular

yeah with those bumper every car is durable!! Everbody says that the RDX is fragile hum..... i put this bumper and never break a suspension arm and also i thinks is the only piece you can break because all other parts are in aluminium!!

As for you Korevo : Go whit the car you think you will like and a car that have parts in stock at your hobbyshop because you dont want to wait 2 week for a parts!! Also here everybody will see get a this and get that no you have to get this one!! anyways i think most of the people here will says get a Xray and i agree whit that!! Xray is durable,easy to work car and you cant go wrong whit that!! Me i have a RDX and i love it!! go see the Threah of the RDX and you will see no one says thing negative about this car!! and great looking!!

Anyways!!

lets see what other people will tell you what to get!!!

Later!!

Last edited by T1Raycer; 07-12-2005 at 07:49 PM.
Old 07-12-2005, 07:41 PM
Tech Elite

Yeah, my Yokomo is rock solid with a P-dub stiffy. It's really hard and lets me plow through the pipes with out breaking a driveshaft.
Old 07-13-2005, 12:49 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by odawg315
1. Drivetrain-TRF415MS cuz its the world champ!!

2. Wrenching-TRF415MS cuz its the world champ!!

3. Tuning-TRF415MS cuz its the world champ!!

4. Wear and tear-TRF415MS cuz its the world champ!!

5. Suspension-TRF415MS cuz its the world champ!!

6. Parts and fit- TRF415MS cuz its the world champ!!

7. Steering mechanism- TRF415MS cuz its the world champ!!

whats great is my post is as valid as all the others, cuz this whole thread is just each persons opinion. it means nothing what indavidual pieces of the car is the best, its what works best as a whole, and right now its TRF415MS cuz its the world champ!!
I may add....The manufacturer is a double World Champ!!
Old 07-13-2005, 05:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Like everyone else here, I'm prejudiced towards my car, the RDX. I also know a good thing when I see it. For drivetrain, the Pro4 is about as smooth as it gets. The Xray is a good car but expensive to maintain and a pain to work on. The RDX is easier to drive than the Xray (my opinion) and easier to work on. The Yokomo is even easier to work on than the RDX (thanks to someone deciding that you shouldn't have to remove an entire bulkhead to get the diff out. Like everyone says, buy what you can get parts for. The best part about RC right now is the amount of high performance cars on the market. Just two years ago, it seemed that the TC3 and XXX-s were the only competitive cars out. I love seeing A-mains filled with different manufactures, which once again proves that no matter what your opinion is, they're all good.
Old 07-13-2005, 06:31 AM
Tech Regular

whats really funny is everyone is going to come on here and post there car being the best, and they should, thats why they bought it, nobody is gonna go out and say let me buy a car that sux, no there gonna buy what they think is best. but only im right, cus the trf415ms is the world champ!!!
Old 07-13-2005, 09:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

Best car? Tamiya TL01! Indestructuble, easy to wrench, simple steering, free shaft drivetrain, cheap, made by the world champ.
Old 07-13-2005, 09:52 AM
Tech Regular

Hi,

For me the best car is the Schumacher Mi2.
It is easy to drive, the quality is great, and the drivetrain is very smooth!
Parts are easy to get, and maintanance is easy!

Thomas
Old 07-13-2005, 01:49 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 840918001
Hi,

For me the best car is the Schumacher Mi2.
It is easy to drive, the quality is great, and the drivetrain is very smooth!
Parts are easy to get, and maintanance is easy!

Thomas

I agree!!
Old 07-13-2005, 03:59 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by odawg315
whats really funny is everyone is going to come on here and post there car being the best, and they should, thats why they bought it, nobody is gonna go out and say let me buy a car that sux, no there gonna buy what they think is best. but only im right, cus the trf415ms is the world champ!!!
I must say i agree with you in that the 415ms is a great car, and is the 'world champion', but...... do you not think it had something to do with the driver aswel? I really think he could have won it with any car as long as it was set up well.
I feel there is not a bad touring car on the market at the moment, some may be slightly better than others in some way or another but they all have the potential to do well in the hands of a good driver. So it all comes down to personal preferance, Which for me is the Yokomo BD . The only problem with it is the pins in the driveshafts literally suck, although saying that they do in the 415 aswel Thats the only thing i broke on either car though so everything else gets a big thumbs up
Old 07-13-2005, 04:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Phil C
I must say i agree with you in that the 415ms is a great car, and is the 'world champion', but...... do you not think it had something to do with the driver aswel? I really think he could have won it with any car as long as it was set up well.
I feel there is not a bad touring car on the market at the moment, some may be slightly better than others in some way or another but they all have the potential to do well in the hands of a good driver. So it all comes down to personal preferance, Which for me is the Yokomo BD . The only problem with it is the pins in the driveshafts literally suck, although saying that they do in the 415 aswel Thats the only thing i broke on either car though so everything else gets a big thumbs up
Phil, check out the P-Dub bumper. I used to break driveshafts all the time when running a spool or one-way. Now I haven't even broken one
Old 07-13-2005, 04:36 PM
Tech Elite

Did anybody see in person, or watch videos of the Worlds? It's not like Reinhard had a perfect chassis. Everyone was so close, that having your roll center 0.1" too high or low meant making the A and making the D. So if most of the major companies put their cars in the A or B main, then that means that their kit is more than capable of winning at your home track.
Old 07-13-2005, 04:38 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Phil C
Hey Phil, what's up ? Sorted your chassis tweaking problems since Ashby ?

There is no perfect touring car, simply because you always have to make choices when designing it, and by doing so you will always end up compromising or choosing a solution that will not suit everyone.

And so, all I have to say is, that thread is useless.

Fab
Old 07-13-2005, 04:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KillWency
Best car? Tamiya TL01! Indestructuble, easy to wrench, simple steering, free shaft drivetrain, cheap, made by the world champ.
Yeah, I remember mine. A tank of a chassis, and so top heavy that it would traction roll at any speed.