Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2010, 12:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Odd behavior

I was driving 13.5 12th scale using v2.12 with Donny Lia's setup. 2 times during the night I had the following happen:

I got bumped or I bumped but not enough to be marshalled and after that I lost all timing boost and turbo. The car was just flat for 3 or 4 laps. Then driving like I do, I stuffed it into the boards. After sitting for the few seconds it took to get marshalled, timing boost and turbo were back.

I'm thinking it has to do with neutral width (which is set low) or my sensor cable.

Futaba 3PM radio, Novak Ballistic motor, LiFe receiver battery.

Any thoughts?

Carter
Old 11-09-2010, 12:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by darcydawg
I was driving 13.5 12th scale using v2.12 with Donny Lia's setup. 2 times during the night I had the following happen:

I got bumped or I bumped but not enough to be marshalled and after that I lost all timing boost and turbo. The car was just flat for 3 or 4 laps. Then driving like I do, I stuffed it into the boards. After sitting for the few seconds it took to get marshalled, timing boost and turbo were back.

I'm thinking it has to do with neutral width (which is set low) or my sensor cable.

Any thoughts?

Carter
sounds like the sensor cable coming out a bit
then being tapped back in
Old 11-09-2010, 12:57 PM
Tech Master

Any thoughts?

Carter
Buddy of mine had a similar issue last Saturday and as near as we could figure something in the sensor board was getting knocked around. Changing motors fixed his issue as the sensor wire was in the same position each time.

You could try changing sensor wires first [easier and cheaper].
Old 11-09-2010, 01:42 PM
Tech Regular

Any thoughts?

Carter
Was leading my final on sunday and the same thing happend, sensor wire came out of the motor, made for an interesting final two laps blocking everyone! Stuck some bluetac over the lead for now. One of those things that just happens.
Old 11-09-2010, 01:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

That settles it, a spare sensor wire is next up for purchase!
Old 11-09-2010, 01:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarryLeach
Buddy of mine had a similar issue last Saturday and as near as we could figure something in the sensor board was getting knocked around. Changing motors fixed his issue as the sensor wire was in the same position each time.

You could try changing sensor wires first [easier and cheaper].

That's happened to me a few times with 2 different motors. Usually after my car got t-boned on the motor side. ESC switched to sensorless. A little push on the sensor wire usually fixed it right away. I think it came just loose enough to lose connection.
Old 11-09-2010, 02:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Hey guys. Connected my RS up reverse polarity on the weekend and it went pop, stupid me. How much $$$ am I looking at getting it repaired? Posting from Australia.

Cheers
Old 11-09-2010, 02:04 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by locked
That's happened to me a few times with 2 different motors. Usually after my car got t-boned on the motor side. ESC switched to sensorless. A little push on the sensor wire usually fixed it right away. I think it came just loose enough to lose connection.
The car I mentioned usually had this happen in practice, thankfully, and we were able to pull the car over immediately, unplug and replug the sensor wire with no change. Take an allen driver handle and tap the end of the motor, back on sensored mode.

We swapped the motor, and all was good in the world again.

I should have clarified, the sensor wire is ALWAYS the first thing to check, and a new spare on hand is highly recommended, but things can knock loose in the motor as well.
Old 11-09-2010, 02:06 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Install 212, do a factory reset PRIOR to doing a radio calibration.

What transmitter is he using? 1s or 2s?
Old 11-09-2010, 02:28 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fast XXXS
Hey guys. Connected my RS up reverse polarity on the weekend and it went pop, stupid me. How much $$$ am I looking at getting it repaired? Posting from Australia.

Cheers
79+shipping get a RA# and fill out the form http://www.teamtekin.com/forms/ServiceRequestForm.pdf
Old 11-09-2010, 06:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike

Hi Randy, if you are referring to Kim's calibration issue,
He is using a 2s pack in a TC and trying to calibrate to an M11, I believe.

Here is where it started:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/8184217-post18196.html
Old 11-09-2010, 06:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 20 SMOKE
79+shipping get a RA# and fill out the form http://www.teamtekin.com/forms/ServiceRequestForm.pdf
Thanks mate!
Old 11-09-2010, 07:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I'm using M11 now I did get it to calibrate but I just could not get the neutral band to go lower.

Originally Posted by YoDog
Kim, we should have tried it with my laptop. Maybe the problem is with the one you are using. Is it the same as the one you tried v208 with?
I remember you had the same problem with that one as well.

Guys, I don't know if it was mentioned previously, v203 works without any problem with his radio but the versions after that is where the issue rears it's ugly head. There has got to be something different that is making it difficult to calibrate with these radios.
Any ideas Randy?
Old 11-09-2010, 07:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I did that too after installing 212 I reset it to factory default... I got it to calibrate guys but the issue is I could not get the neutral band to be set lower than 85%...

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike

Old 11-10-2010, 02:38 AM
Tech Adept

Does anyone here run their Tekin with an Novak velociti motor? I'm running a 10.5 SS and i'm trying to find out what timing the motor comes with so i can set the speedo accordingly.

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.