Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 06:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default ?

I'm sorry guys but is this the tekin thread? Just wondering!
Old 11-21-2010, 07:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WIITA
This may be a dumb question but, there has a lot of boosters burning up in our club lately. Is there any issues associated with the new software that would cause this? Anyone else seeing this? Much appreciated.
No, the issue is that now that everyone has boost/turbo people are pushing it to the limit and beyond to try and realize some advantage. Some racers grew used to having a distinct advantage, and now that the playing field is leveling out and technology is stabilizing some feel the need to stretch the envelopes of timing advance and gearing.

It's no different than the pre-timing days when you'd gear to the moon on the ragged edge of motor temps...just faster.
Old 11-22-2010, 07:13 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have a question for a friend..

as I dont run Tekin, he wants to know if there is any difference in the braking ability for the RS and RS Pro?

thanks in advance
Old 11-22-2010, 07:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wide_mouth_frog
I have a question for a friend..

as I dont run Tekin, he wants to know if there is any difference in the braking ability for the RS and RS Pro?

thanks in advance

No. Only the heat and power handling capability. The software on the other hand does make a difference. The new Vegas 212 is the smoothest yet. Make sure he gets it flashed to the latest.
Old 11-22-2010, 07:48 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by reenmachine
No, the issue is that now that everyone has boost/turbo people are pushing it to the limit and beyond to try and realize some advantage. Some racers grew used to having a distinct advantage, and now that the playing field is leveling out and technology is stabilizing some feel the need to stretch the envelopes of timing advance and gearing.

It's no different than the pre-timing days when you'd gear to the moon on the ragged edge of motor temps...just faster.
I think you mis-interpreted his question. He stated that (voltage?) boosters were burning up when using 212. Not sure what timing advance or gearing has to do with that issue.
Old 11-22-2010, 09:03 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarryLeach
Ditto, if you had a decent 203/208 profile, it feels like there's a lot more rip with lower motor temperature with 212.
Total opposite for us at our local track, going back to 203

Thanks for the help!
Old 11-22-2010, 01:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CarbonJoe
I think you mis-interpreted his question. He stated that (voltage?) boosters were burning up when using 212. Not sure what timing advance or gearing has to do with that issue.
I did indeed. I took "boosters" as referring those using boost/turbo vs. going spec, as I have heard the term being used.
Old 11-22-2010, 01:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

On single sell adjusting the timing boost too high can blow a booster? That doesn't make sense to me?

Out of all the boosters that went bad in our club the last 2 weeks only mine was with the new duo3 motor... The other 4 were all duo2's running very similar to prior version timing settings?

I am not blaming Tekin it is entirely possible that the 10 dollar hong kong things just have a short lifespan, I think we are just trying to see if we are doing something wrong.
Old 11-22-2010, 02:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I've had the same TQ Booster and Tekin RS in my R5.1 for over a year now.
It runs most every week with no issues ever.

I have seen a few of the HK and N@#$k Boosters fail.

Last edited by RedBullFiXX; 11-22-2010 at 02:45 PM.
Old 11-22-2010, 02:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I don't know about booster caps burning but, I have the same peoblem on a new speedo that was on my old one. the day starts off fine running practice laps thru several battery packs and the temp on the motor not going above 175f. And lo and behold latter in the afternoon the speedo won't start the car to rolling. It has to be pushed before it will run and if it stops again the same thing. Now I have tried 6 sensor wires, one brand new in the package, Three different brand motors and still there is a dead spot in all of the motors. If the rotor gets to a certain position it will not turn over, although the speedo lights up like normal. I have done the test by turing the wheels to see if the leds light to show the sensors are working and they are.
MY tekin is in the shop waiting for word, in the mean while this was a borrowed speedo from a friend that started doing the same thing as mine late in the day.
Does any one have any idea as to what is going on, I have talked to tekin and they aren't sure and I am considering that maybe the problem is in the v212 program since this has only happened since I changed over.
Old 11-22-2010, 03:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Got a weird thing happening with my setup and can't pinpoint it, so time to ask the forum for some advice.

I'm finding that when you roll off the trigger from 100% to say 90% for a long sweeper the car slows up much more, almost feels like it's applying a drag brake it's that bad. I could of course just cook the tires and keep into it, but....

Cyclone TC, Speedpassion V2 17.5t, 212 FW, FDR 6.76
Boost 50
Start 4600
End 12000
Turbo 12
Delay 0.2
Ramp 2.0
NW 10
Push 30!

Have even nudged the throttle trim slightly biased to throttle.

I can only "assume" that without the extra 12 deg of timing when you're off WOT it is enough to loose the big rpm's...ideas anyone?

Last resort is redo my config, bring the FDR back toward say 4ish and try dropping the turbo...
Old 11-22-2010, 03:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by goBezerk
Got a weird thing happening with my setup and can't pinpoint it, so time to ask the forum for some advice.

I'm finding that when you roll off the trigger from 100% to say 90% for a long sweeper the car slows up much more, almost feels like it's applying a drag brake it's that bad. I could of course just cook the tires and keep into it, but....

Cyclone TC, Speedpassion V2 17.5t, 212 FW, FDR 6.76
Boost 50
Start 4600
End 12000
Turbo 12
Delay 0.2
Ramp 2.0
NW 10
Push 30!

Have even nudged the throttle trim slightly biased to throttle.

I can only "assume" that without the extra 12 deg of timing when you're off WOT it is enough to loose the big rpm's...ideas anyone?

Last resort is redo my config, bring the FDR back toward say 4ish and try dropping the turbo...
Good day!

I had a simmilar with my cars and I use 30-35 push to help fix it.

I should have read your post closer, I see you have push.
Old 11-22-2010, 03:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BCbud
Good day!

I had a simmilar with my cars and I use 30-35 push to help fix it.

I should have read your post closer, I see you have push.
G'day Bud,

I "believe" push is more for total roll off of throttle, eg coasting, this is just when rolling off the throttle ever so slightly...
Old 11-22-2010, 04:00 PM
Tech Master

It's most probably because your turbo is "disengaging" You lose that power almost immediately
Old 11-22-2010, 04:02 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JR007
It's most probably because your turbo is "disengaging" You lose that power almost immediately
Sounds like I've just gotta get into it much quicker

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.