Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree18Likes

Veteran TAMIYA TA03 fans!

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2001, 09:00 AM
Tech Master

Dayten

Cool. Just watch the rcracing.com message board for Ted's posts about Sheldons races. I think he watches the weather report on Monday morning and schedules races based on the weekend forecast. The lead time on races seems to be getting shorter and shorter! Hopefully we'll see you out there.
Old 12-16-2001, 01:40 AM
zxt
Tech Regular

Default Hey

been almost 10 days since the last post...

I'll ask my questions later but right now I just want this thread on the first page of the Electric forum.
Old 12-16-2001, 08:44 PM
zxt
Tech Regular

Default heres my question

My 03F right rear wheel has too much toe in like 10 degrees unlike my left rear which has 5 degrees or so.

How do I adjust toe in or can I?

Thanks
Old 12-17-2001, 11:09 AM
Tech Adept

Zxt
Wow that sure is a lot of toe in for the rear. I don’t think there is an “adjustment” pre say. I believe it may be built into the rear arms or rear uprights, but the most would be 3 degrees if any. You may have something bent or broken.

Psycho
Do you know what type of track Castle and Sheldon’s is? Is it smooth, high grip or bumpy, loose?
Old 12-17-2001, 11:33 AM
Tech Master

Zxt

I agree with Dayten. Something is most likely broken or put together wrong.

Dayten

Sheldons is fairly smooth asphalt. They usually have the surface pressure washed the day before races and blow it off and spray it with soda the day of the race. Because they use soda and the fences and trees that are around, the track usually gets pretty slippery late in the day. I have had good success using Yokomo Sprint medium tires with soft inserts in the afternoon on that track. Well, actually, that was on my TC3, but I think they should work on the TA03 as well. You might have to go with medium inserts up front.

Castle is a much higher traction track. They have a newly sealed surface and use VHT on race day. You'll need to run firmer compound tires and firmer inserts there. I run either Sprint firms or Shimizu 27's up front with medium inserts and whatever balances the car out in back. I think I ran Sprint medium/medium last time on my TC3. I only ran my TA03 once at Castle during hacktice and I ran the stock Tamiya A compound tires with stock inserts. They seemed ok, but the backend was a little loose for my liking with the stock setup. I wasn't planning on racing that car, that day, so I only did a couple laps with it. After running that car more, I think it will be a great car for Castle. It has such aggressive turn in, I think you can dive under other cars into turns. In either case, you should have a few different tire and insert combos available so you can change them as needed. Talk to Cameron at Castle. He has a few TA03's in various configurations. I think he can help you get it set up for their track.
Old 02-10-2002, 02:20 PM
Tech Adept

Any more TA03 Fans out there?
Old 02-10-2002, 04:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I race the 03F DJV down here in middle Georgia. I've added the carbon fiber battery hop up, FRP damper stays (the ones that allows you to run a lower profile body and just resently I've added the carbon fiber steering link. I race against TC3, HPI's and all the other cars out there and it's just as fast and as all the others. I still run the fixed upper links on the car. My 03 runs the same laps times as my Yokomo MR-4TC Pro. The only thing that is different between the two cars to me is that the 03 will dive into a turn an then power out, where as the MR-4TC will maintain a line a little better.
Old 02-10-2002, 04:57 PM
Tech Regular

I also race my 03F DJV with a 12D or 11T with the white .04 gears. This car is simply a good car. The Body Shop
Old 02-10-2002, 06:22 PM
Tech Adept

It's good to hear the TA03 is still able to compete against the lastest TC's. I have a hopped up TA03, with all of the hop-up of the DJ including a saddle pack chassis. I'll be running it in novice or sportman stock class this season.
Old 02-10-2002, 07:49 PM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

i just "restored" my DJ and getting ready for the summer season~~
Old 02-11-2002, 09:38 AM
Tech Master

Dayten

You should bring your car out to Castle this Sunday. It's the electric opener (non-points.) The track was really nice yesterday for nitro and should be awesome on Sunday now that there is a layer of VHT on the track.
Old 02-11-2002, 01:11 PM
Tech Regular

Here is a photo of a paint job that I did for my 03F DJV
Attached Thumbnails Veteran TAMIYA TA03 fans!-sk2.jpg  
Old 02-11-2002, 03:41 PM
Tech Regular

rowdyrj :

I love the shell and wheels...... nice! Can you tell me who made those shells and wheels pls... I have been looking for similar wheels in UK but the are not as nice....

Old 02-11-2002, 05:49 PM
Fit
Tech Apprentice

I need gearing advice for my 03 running a 14 double.
If I were to run the white gears, which pinion should I use?

I'm racing my 03F bath tub again after a year of abandoning it.
I've got the bath tub all swiss-cheesed to lighten it up.

I was thinking of getting a ball-diff for the rear.
But does it really make a difference in handling?

thanx
Old 02-11-2002, 07:20 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Fit
I need gearing advice for my 03 running a 14 double.
If I were to run the white gears, which pinion should I use?

I'm racing my 03F bath tub again after a year of abandoning it.
I've got the bath tub all swiss-cheesed to lighten it up.

I was thinking of getting a ball-diff for the rear.
But does it really make a difference in handling?

thanx
23-24 should be a good starting point~

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.