Search
Like Tree14Likes

Ready to Run Raceway 2020 Summer OnRoad Racing - Vancouver RRR

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2020, 07:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It'll be nice to see you guys again after all these years.
Old 07-10-2020, 10:25 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by OVA
Nice
Hopefully next race I do my best to show up.
I hope you've quarantined in Canada for 14 days before you visit.
Old 07-11-2020, 02:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OVA
Nice
Hopefully next race I do my best to show up.
Originally Posted by Tiny.24
Would love to see you at the track Franko, after quarantine. Travellers without symptoms: mandatory quarantine

If you have recently returned to Canada and you have no symptoms, you must QUARANTINE yourself. This is mandatory. You are at risk of developing symptoms and infecting others.

This means you MUST:
  • go directly to your place of quarantine, without delay, and stay there for 14 days from the date you arrived in Canada, or longer if you develop signs and symptoms of COVID-19, or have been exposed to another person subject to the Order who has signs and symptoms of COVID-19
  • ensure you wear an appropriate mask or facial covering, especially while in transit
  • practise physical distancing at all times
  • go to your place of quarantine using private transportation, such as your personal vehicle, if possible
  • not quarantine in a place where you will have contact with vulnerable individuals, including those who have an underlying medical condition, compromised immune systems, or who are 65 years of age or older
  • stay at your place of quarantine, and do not leave unless it's to seek medical attention
  • not use public transportation (e.g. buses, taxis) while in quarantine
  • not have visitors and limit contact with others in the place of quarantine, including children and those who have not travelled nor been exposed to the virus
  • not go to school, work or any other public areas
  • arrange for the necessities of life (e.g. food, medications, cleaning supplies) to be delivered to your place of quarantine
https://travel.gc.ca/travelling/heal...rity#returning

Any travellers entering Canada have to quarantine themselves for 14 days, regardless of whether they show symptoms of COVID-19. They are responsible for having a place to self-isolate, including a way to get there, get groceries and access essential medical services. Penalties for breaking mandated quarantine orders can range from a maximum fine of $750,000, six months of jail time and a year-long ban from Canada.

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/...b612083c5e0a00
Old 07-11-2020, 09:04 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R3VoLuTiOn
Would love to see you at the track Franko, after quarantine. Travellers without symptoms: mandatory quarantine

If you have recently returned to Canada and you have no symptoms, you must QUARANTINE yourself. This is mandatory. You are at risk of developing symptoms and infecting others.

This means you MUST:
  • go directly to your place of quarantine, without delay, and stay there for 14 days from the date you arrived in Canada, or longer if you develop signs and symptoms of COVID-19, or have been exposed to another person subject to the Order who has signs and symptoms of COVID-19
  • ensure you wear an appropriate mask or facial covering, especially while in transit
  • practise physical distancing at all times
  • go to your place of quarantine using private transportation, such as your personal vehicle, if possible
  • not quarantine in a place where you will have contact with vulnerable individuals, including those who have an underlying medical condition, compromised immune systems, or who are 65 years of age or older
  • stay at your place of quarantine, and do not leave unless it's to seek medical attention
  • not use public transportation (e.g. buses, taxis) while in quarantine
  • not have visitors and limit contact with others in the place of quarantine, including children and those who have not travelled nor been exposed to the virus
  • not go to school, work or any other public areas
  • arrange for the necessities of life (e.g. food, medications, cleaning supplies) to be delivered to your place of quarantine
https://travel.gc.ca/travelling/heal...rity#returning

Any travellers entering Canada have to quarantine themselves for 14 days, regardless of whether they show symptoms of COVID-19. They are responsible for having a place to self-isolate, including a way to get there, get groceries and access essential medical services. Penalties for breaking mandated quarantine orders can range from a maximum fine of $750,000, six months of jail time and a year-long ban from Canada.

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/...b612083c5e0a00
Yes I know about the ..well understand ....my wife crossed over twice since the border closed
R3VoLuTiOn likes this.
Old 07-11-2020, 09:12 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tiny.24
no problem
Yes I know down in the state some people are just an idiot not wearing the mask and keep social distance ..I am very precaution ..I have 96 old mother still living and I MUST PROTECT MYSELF,,,so please dont treat me like I dont care ...
plus I've being wearing respirator for three years to protect my health ..
R3VoLuTiOn and Tiny.24 like this.

Last edited by OVA; 07-11-2020 at 09:53 AM.
Old 07-13-2020, 12:23 AM
Tech Elite

Default July 12 Race Results

Today was amazing.

Thank you to all the setup and tear down helpers. We setup the track in record time with everyone helping. Everyone gloved up for setup/teardown, our COVID guidelines were followed.

We also set a new club race record, 4 rounds of Quals then the mains. It went a little late, but we worked well as a group for tear down.

Our "novices" welcome to RRR club racing, your first official one. The track is nice and forgiving, thanks again Mario!

Next club race in two weeks. Right now the tentative plan for August 1-2 BC Day long weekend is to have a test and tune on the Saturday and a club race on the Sunday.

Questions/Suggestions? Let us know

Here's the results:

Attached Files
File Type: txt
Round1.txt (38.2 KB, 40 views)
Round2.txt (39.7 KB, 45 views)
Round3.txt (40.0 KB, 41 views)
Round4.txt (40.3 KB, 50 views)
File Type: pdf
R5_Race_01_Novice_A-Main.pdf (31.0 KB, 60 views)
s550v likes this.
Old 07-13-2020, 12:31 AM
Tech Elite

continued

Last edited by R3VoLuTiOn; 07-13-2020 at 01:09 AM.
Old 07-13-2020, 01:10 AM
Tech Elite

continued
Old 07-27-2020, 12:29 AM
Tech Elite

Default July 25 Race Results

Big thank you to all the racers that came out to play, and especially those that helped with morning setup and teardown. We are nearing a track record for setup, just under 1 hour, and lots of morning practice. Teardown was quick as well, slightly over 1 hour, but it was getting quite hot so thank you racers for sticking around and bearing the heat.

Great racing all around, about 54 entries. Our club novices are getting their cars sorted (except Simon, someone buy him CVD's for his TT02 lol) and performing well in the scale spec class. We're missing a few more racers in stock and mod, but they'll be out by the end of summer I'm sure. Superstar class is still Nitro Touring, even though the Mod cars are finally faster, the raw fire-burning rpm screaming cars are still having great battles in each heat and main.

With more entries, we will be able to have multiple heats for SS, Stock and to split 1/8 GT and Open to their own heats. We had 34 racers on track so we still have room to grow as needed. Social distancing was observed and Richmond Fire Dept enjoyed the racing as they came to watch and check out what we're all about. Reminder to not come crowd RD tent to see race scoring unless you have super eyesight.

Don't forget Rule #1 : Have fun. We're all here to have fun. If you need assistance with this, come talk to me. With kids and spectators around, we need to be on our best behaviors at all times to represent the club well, and present a fun, wholesome environment.

Next events are this coming long weekend: Saturday Test and Tune, Sunday Club Race.
Saturday fees are just for first class. Sunday is regular fees $30 1st (including Teardown fee), $10 2nd, Free 3rd, Out of Towners(outside of GVRD) $20 flat, no TD.

Results below:
Attached Files
Round1.txt (39.7 KB, 57 views)
Round2.txt (41.2 KB, 55 views)
Round3.txt (40.2 KB, 57 views)
Round4.txt (53.0 KB, 65 views)
R4_Race_01_Novice_A-Main.pdf (29.8 KB, 64 views)
Old 08-02-2020, 04:28 PM
gom
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi all,

I am new to Vancouver and hoping to return to racing after a few years break. After reading this forum, I went to the RRR outdoor track today to check things out. I was impressed by the nice and well organized track. Also lots of friendly people. Even met a fellow racer who we used to race together from another province.

I would like to join the race but I am not sure if it's too late in the season to start as there are only 3 races left. Do I need to be a member to race? There is also a 40 people limit right now due to the virus. What is the procedure for a new racer like myself to get approval to race?

Lastly, I have a bunch of semi old equipment. In order to start, I will need a set of new tires, tire sauce, CA glue, at the very least. Or may be a body and batteries too. I was told that Gripworks carries a lot of parts in a big truck. Do they have a physical store? Is there a place in Vancouver where I don't have to order and ship stuff online at the moment? While I know that might not be possible due to the virus, I thought it's best to ask you guys.
Old 08-04-2020, 11:09 PM
Tech Elite

Default Aug 2nd Race Results

Hey racers, what an awesome weekend we had. We welcome Coco and Jack our two new members, and there's a few more looking to join soon.

Long day of controlled practice sessions where everyone got to dial their car in, and then a fun filled competition Sunday!

Big thanks again to the setup helpers and the ones that chose to stay for tear down. There were quite a few less helpers than normal for tear down, perhaps it was the Sunday family dinners that drew some from us, or the two day fatigue but here's hoping we get tear down finished sooner next race.

Next race in two weeks, see you then!
Attached Files
Round1.txt (44.3 KB, 49 views)
Round2.txt (46.0 KB, 50 views)
Round3.txt (46.1 KB, 40 views)
Round4.txt (60.3 KB, 50 views)
R4_Race_01_Novice_A-Main.pdf (32.8 KB, 57 views)
s550v likes this.

Last edited by R3VoLuTiOn; 08-05-2020 at 08:45 AM.
Old 08-05-2020, 09:17 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by gom
Hi all,

I am new to Vancouver and hoping to return to racing after a few years break. After reading this forum, I went to the RRR outdoor track today to check things out. I was impressed by the nice and well organized track. Also lots of friendly people. Even met a fellow racer who we used to race together from another province.

I would like to join the race but I am not sure if it's too late in the season to start as there are only 3 races left. Do I need to be a member to race? There is also a 40 people limit right now due to the virus. What is the procedure for a new racer like myself to get approval to race?

Lastly, I have a bunch of semi old equipment. In order to start, I will need a set of new tires, tire sauce, CA glue, at the very least. Or may be a body and batteries too. I was told that Gripworks carries a lot of parts in a big truck. Do they have a physical store? Is there a place in Vancouver where I don't have to order and ship stuff online at the moment? While I know that might not be possible due to the virus, I thought it's best to ask you guys.
Come on out! Best if you have a tent/canopy table and chair. Power, make a friend with someone that has a generator. We have limited power to give out with the club one but will let the first 5-10 tap in.

We have not hit 40 racers yet, so should not be an issue. GripworksRC is your most convenient shop trackside - not many local hobby shops carry the tires that I know of. I think GoGo Hobbies had some.

Old 08-05-2020, 11:29 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi,

Big thanks to everyone who helped me get running on Saturday and Sunday (especially Doug, Paul and John). I had a great time.

I have a few questions for anyone who knows:

I will endeavor to have my car TC stock legal for next round, which means swapping out the motor for a 17.5T. There seems to be quite a few options available, what is the current hot motor/esc combo that everyone is running?
How does increasing turn affect the gear ratio I should be running? I presume we decrease the ratio for more top end. To decrease the ratio I will have to fit a smaller spur gear (no room for a bigger pinion) - I can't find any XRAY T2 specific ones locally (old car ). I notice that the mounting face is offset from one side to account for the hub, is this a standard offset as such something like the "AXON Spur DTS 64P" from gripworks should drop in?

Lastly, plenty of tire sauce options available. Do they all pretty much perform the same or is there a goto brand?

If anyone has old T2 parts they'd like to sell off let me know - I'm sure I'll need spares at some point!

Cheers,
Jack

(p.s sorry about not being around for pack down, I had a meeting to get to - will be there next time)
Old 08-06-2020, 10:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jackbk
I will endeavor to have my car TC stock legal for next round, which means swapping out the motor for a 17.5T. There seems to be quite a few options available, what is the current hot motor/esc combo that everyone is running?
How does increasing turn affect the gear ratio I should be running? I presume we decrease the ratio for more top end. To decrease the ratio I will have to fit a smaller spur gear (no room for a bigger pinion) - I can't find any XRAY T2 specific ones locally (old car ). I notice that the mounting face is offset from one side to account for the hub, is this a standard offset as such something like the "AXON Spur DTS 64P" from gripworks should drop in?

Lastly, plenty of tire sauce options available. Do they all pretty much perform the same or is there a goto brand?
For ESC you want nothing other than an ORCA - they are absolutely the smoothest and most consistent ESC you can buy, and are equally as competitive in Stock and Modified classes. For motor I would look at a MOTIV MC4 (when they come out), a MOTIV MC3 or any of the recent R1s will be competitive as well. Personally I've been very successful racing at RRR in Stock in the past with a MOTIV MC3.

Regarding gearing - You are correct, lower the ratio, higher the top speed. For 17.5 on a large asphalt track you'll want to be running somewhere around 3.4 to 3.8 depending on the motor/track. I would recommend getting a couple 80 and a couple 90 tooth spur gears and the appropriate pinions. Finding the right FDR (final drive ratio) is a bit of an art as you have to take into account motor timing, temperatures, acceleration zones, straightaway length and grip levels. I would start with whatever timing the motor is shipped with and 3.6 gearing for the RRR track. You'll want the car to reach full speed roughly 1/2 to 3/4 of the way down the straightaway. If it hits top speed sooner, then increase your pinion size. From there you can fine tune with timing. If it's coming off super cool, then you can likely add 1* or 2* of timing. Be careful not to add too much at a time or you can risk overheating the motor. Oh, on that note, make sure you are running a high quality fan that is mounted 1cm away from the motor and wired directly to the battery and not the receiver.

The offset spur gears, in my opinion, are annoying. I personally run AXON spur gears for both Stock and Modified, so you're good to run those.

Good luck man and if you have any more questions let me know!
Old 08-06-2020, 09:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I came out over the past weekend to watch a few of the races

That being said what is needed to become a member?

I currently run a TC6.1 with a 13.5 motor... I assume I would be in modified class

Any insight would be appreciated

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.