Community
Wiki Posts
Search

China's national makes or foreign brand LIPOs

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 09:19 AM
Tech Master

Questions?? China's national makes or foreign brand LIPOs

(I just want to say that i am not related in any of these manufacturers.)

I just want asking for people's opinion in fact i am just making a research about the probability of having high performance Lipos which just selling inside of China.
I am racing in 3100KV class and want to know what LIPOs is best for myself.
Instead of these LIPOs shown in the links which i have post, could someone tell me what another brands batteries is only good for low spec motor class.
Our race rules don't care what brands, since is hard case.
http://ryderbattery.com/products/pro...d=021110&ID=20
http://www.orientechina.com/category-440-b0.html
http://www.szgebattery.com/cp/html/?73.html

Best regards
Old 11-06-2009, 10:56 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

I know this one http://henergy-battery.com/enindex

I bought two from China. They have world champion to promote their products but I can't find this brand here in the US. I know some us distributor buy lipo from china and change the brand when sold in the US, and the price is double.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:24 AM
Tech Master

Exclamation

Originally Posted by 05forfun
I know this one http://henergy-battery.com/enindex

I bought two from China. They have world champion to promote their products but I can't find this brand here in the US. I know some us distributor buy lipo from china and change the brand when sold in the US, and the price is double.
Is this any good?
Which should i buy for run low spec race?

I am so confused about the theory of sensorless motors don't need high C rates and big capacity batteries.
Well, anyway i will try change running with some latest 13.5T sensored motors in next year, due the difficult and tough driving with sensorless motors in this year, so i am still doubt to choosing what kind of LIPOs am i really need.

I thought this manuf. was founded by Masami's father, Masaaki Hirosaka, in fact he was promoting its products in magazines and video clips, i am sure about it.

Best regards
Old 11-06-2009, 11:42 AM
Tech Addict

To be honest, I don't really know if they are good, I only buy CHEAP lipo and never used ones more than 40 bucks, so no comparison. What I can tell you is I don't see my car running dramatic low speed on the track and their quality seems good.
Old 11-06-2009, 04:04 PM
Tech Master

I run 11.5t stock tc outdoors. Anything above 4000mah/30c does not show any diff in perf. regardless of where they're from.
Old 11-06-2009, 05:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi,

I race 11.5T stock tc outdoor too. Its very competitive in our series race. Me n my team have tried out almost all powerful lipos so as to find some additional juice. H-energy and By-energy both from china cost cheaper. I have tried 5000mah 35C. The power is very constant and powerful. I have tried the LRP5300mah and Orion 5400mah 45C. Both have very powerful burst initially and then constant power comes in. Ok here comes the pros and cons,

1) we noticed on one of our teamates cars which was set to being a little loose at the rear. When using the LRP and Orion, The burst actually was so powerful that it unsettle the rear on punch out. But on a more stable rear, The burst was gladly welcome. Whereas the H-energy and By-energy, the constant high power was more linear and consistent which makes the drive more controlled and consistent.

2) The cost equation - 2 LRP/Orion = 3 By-energy/H=energy

3) So far all above batteries are in good condition and no signs of bloating. They have been in used for almost a month frequently.

In conclusion, all the above r good just a matter of perference. The burst of LRP/Orion are great if u can get it controlled and consistent. The other two are more linear and consistent in driving.

My two cent's worth

Cheers
Old 11-06-2009, 05:39 PM
Tech Addict

Can I ask you where you bought H-Energy lipo battery? I googled "H-Energy lipo", but can't find any shops sell it in the US

Originally Posted by CockyDuck
Hi,

I race 11.5T stock tc outdoor too. Its very competitive in our series race. Me n my team have tried out almost all powerful lipos so as to find some additional juice. H-energy and By-energy both from china cost cheaper. I have tried 5000mah 35C. The power is very constant and powerful. I have tried the LRP5300mah and Orion 5400mah 45C. Both have very powerful burst initially and then constant power comes in. Ok here comes the pros and cons,

1) we noticed on one of our teamates cars which was set to being a little loose at the rear. When using the LRP and Orion, The burst actually was so powerful that it unsettle the rear on punch out. But on a more stable rear, The burst was gladly welcome. Whereas the H-energy and By-energy, the constant high power was more linear and consistent which makes the drive more controlled and consistent.

3) So far all above batteries are in good condition and no signs of bloating. They have been in used for almost a month frequently.

In conclusion, all the above r good just a matter of perference. The burst of LRP/Orion are great if u can get it controlled and consistent. The other two are more linear and consistent in driving.

My two cent's worth

Cheers
Old 11-06-2009, 07:39 PM
Tech Master

Exclamation

Originally Posted by CockyDuck
Hi,

My two cent's worth

Cheers
Well, in fact if these Lipos are cheap with nice performance, maybe i will think to trying it, but still don't know why no sites to selling those chinese "generic" products.
Because the shop which sell NIMH of Henergy in my city never sell his Lipos, i don't know why.
Old 11-06-2009, 08:18 PM
Tech Addict

I don't know either, but I know H-Energy has distributor sells lipo packs in the US, I guess they sell lipo with different brand in the US.
Old 11-06-2009, 08:56 PM
Tech Master

Unhappy

I don't know either, but I know H-Energy has distributor sells lipo packs in the US, I guess they sell lipo with different brand in the US.
In fact i don't want to insult those US, EU and Japan brands, but what i want to mean is:

chinese LIPO + branded = $$$

Anyway, i want to ask if anyone tried Dualsky's LIPOs before, they are looked with nice shape, but don't know their performance!
Old 11-07-2009, 03:06 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Can I ask you where you bought H-Energy lipo battery? I googled "H-Energy lipo", but can't find any shops sell it in the US
Hey Guys,

Maybe cos I am racing in Singapore so being part of Asia n close proximity. We tends to have a number of china made batteries appearing in our market. After studying a couple of them, then we realised that some of these china companies are OEM brands of the those branded ones. I am not saying it;s true but i guess there's a possibility that distributors import n brand differently for better profits. On the other hand, being in Asia, we have to wait longer for any new speedos and motors new release from Big brands before the shipment gets to our LHS. So some of guys who can't wait actually order from US and Europe themselves.

Well thats the good and bad. I guess.

Cheers
Old 11-07-2009, 09:43 AM
Tech Master

Exclamation

Originally Posted by cyanyde
I run 11.5t stock tc outdoors. Anything above 4000mah/30c does not show any diff in perf. regardless of where they're from.
Yes, i believe this is possible happening in low KV motors and on tracks with so much curves.
About 11.5R of many brands are just around 3500KV, then is similar situation of our 3100KV rules.
I saw somebody is using 4200 25C of GE power in our qualify main, then run fast.

But in fact we are running sensorless so, i am still not sure if just because sensorless motor really don't need much powerful battery than sensored, or just the matter of low power motor can't consume powerful LIPO.
So i just want firstly to make conclusion in this fact.
Old 11-12-2009, 04:27 PM
Tech Elite

Hi guys

I have an affiliation with Henergy and know them well .They make some of the world's leading brands but i will not mention who's.

But i can say i have done alot of testing with batteries of all brands and sorts .

Ive used the biggest esc by hobbywing for 1/8th scale at about 150amp 1050burst current and the unit only drew about 18c so why do i need 30c
45c .If the grid is manufactured properly then there is no need for these high discharge batterie's and some of the cheaper brands that say they are 45c or 40 c is crap anyway .Remember cheap batteries are cheap batteries and dangerous to.No one is going to bulld you a roll royce at the toyota price tag .

whats the use of having an instant burst at the starting line only when you have a long race infront of you anyway .

i hope this helps you guys out