Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen MTX-3

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2006, 02:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

is the x3 and x4 clutch shoe (the round one just inside the clutch bell)) the same...thanks
Old 05-22-2006, 06:59 AM
ira
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcabj
is the x3 and x4 clutch shoe (the round one just inside the clutch bell)) the same...thanks
Yes, Part# H0765 the x3 prospec and the x4 are the same.
Old 05-22-2006, 09:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I swear there was a post about "50% off all MTX3 parts" on one of these forums. Would any one know what the hobby store's website is called?

Thanks
Rudy
Old 05-22-2006, 08:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ira
Yes, Part# H0765 the x3 prospec and the x4 are the same.
thanks bro...

anyway i'm havin this problem that the 1st speed seems really underpower, when the 2speed shifted it shoots like a rocket...
well since i have not adjust the setting of the carby and centax... i am assuming the clutch shoes has worn out thus resulting this "underpower' starting.
so u guys think i am right about this,any other causes that could cause this...? for your guys info the motor tuning is fine..the temp is 100c average..thanks
Old 05-22-2006, 09:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Gearing?
Old 05-22-2006, 09:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I wonder how soon till parts for the MTX3 will be hard to get like the MTX2? I'm sorta bummed about it as I planned on snaggin 2 mtx3 kits - one to race another as spare. They aren't even prospecs either, but atleast have oneway I believe. Any guess?
Old 05-22-2006, 09:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarKonnenD
I wonder how soon till parts for the MTX3 will be hard to get like the MTX2? I'm sorta bummed about it as I planned on snaggin 2 mtx3 kits - one to race another as spare. They aren't even prospecs either, but atleast have oneway I believe. Any guess?
I have found several website with a healthy supply of parts. I think as long as the demand for the parts are there they will keep making them. You have to remember that the MTX-3 was out for over three years so there is a lot of people that own this car still. The 4 has only been out now for a few months. IF anything I think that the demand is higher for the 3 parts right now.
Old 05-22-2006, 10:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcabj
thanks bro...

anyway i'm havin this problem that the 1st speed seems really underpower, when the 2speed shifted it shoots like a rocket...
well since i have not adjust the setting of the carby and centax... i am assuming the clutch shoes has worn out thus resulting this "underpower' starting.
so u guys think i am right about this,any other causes that could cause this...? for your guys info the motor tuning is fine..the temp is 100c average..thanks
I think that you need to work on the shimming and adjustment of your clutch. If you feel the motor is tuned well and the car feels boggy at the bottom end that either the spring on your clutch is not tight enough or the clutch bell is not shimmed out enough. Both of these will make you clutch shoe drag on the clutch bell not letting you have that real snap or punch on the bottom end. One other thing is that if you say that your shoe is worn or even if it is not that the 4 posts on the flywheel are not sticking past the clutch shoe and rubbing or engaging on the clutch bell
Old 05-23-2006, 05:39 AM
Tech Adept

Just got a secong hand MTX3.

I would probably learn all I ever need to know, and more about the car reading through these 500 pages. But that ain't about to happen

so!

Got some problems to work out, while I'm working on the car anything i ought to do just as well? (things that will keep the car on the track rather then the pit)

Also I need a great start off set-up, race on slipery asphalt. (perhaps the std. setup is a great start?).
Old 05-23-2006, 12:25 PM
Tech Regular

Maybe you should read the 500 pages. There's no fire escapes in hell boy and that's what you've jumped into here. There's no instant fix.

I wanted the same as you, killer set up, show the locals my rear bumper etc. Those locals showed me the way alright, but at the same time, I kept hearing them reference these 500 bloody pages.

So I read them. A month later, I find I can back track the pages to the lastest problem I've encountered at the track, you know, the question you feel a right idiot asking the locals !! That stuff just doesn't come easily.

So love these worldly pages, they are beyond the bible.

But I've yet to see a post that will show me how to slow down and keep my wheels on the lower side of the car.

Happy Trails.

Jacko
Old 05-23-2006, 08:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Well said Jacko, these threads are the MTX3 bible as it were, till this weekend then?

Mike
Old 05-23-2006, 10:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I got my MTX-3 second hand, the first race meet i was anxious to show up my fellow racers. i think i was in the b's. it takes time to adjust to the car its a different car to what you probably used to have. spend some time to really learn about the car, i thought my reflex was a pain in the ass with setup, of how i was wrong, along with the mtx-3 came tweak!! and A, B and C roll center blocks! and ackerman! i was about ready to die, but with a little persistance the mtx-3 is a very nice car. Mine is just waiting for the driver to shape up his driving.
Old 05-24-2006, 09:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by huskerfreak
I have found several website with a healthy supply of parts. I think as long as the demand for the parts are there they will keep making them. You have to remember that the MTX-3 was out for over three years so there is a lot of people that own this car still. The 4 has only been out now for a few months. IF anything I think that the demand is higher for the 3 parts right now.
True. I'm just thinking maybe by next year MTX3 parts will stop being made. Also the options I have are MTX3s...not prospecs. Wonder how long everyone will keep their 3.
Old 05-24-2006, 10:00 PM
Tech Master

I'll probably keep it forever. Take it out for leisure run in 10 years time and drop a few jaws
Old 05-26-2006, 07:48 PM
Tech Elite

hi..like to know how long is "long enough" or indication for the clutch shoe and tension spring to be considered worn out... thanks...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.