Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree248Likes

Xray XB4 thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 07:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Buying a product that breaks and having no way to fix it because xray failed to ship parts to the dealers is a rip off in my opinion. Having to "shelf" a product til fixes are made is a rip off when $400.00 was spent for the kit. Not being destructive just calling it how I see it. When poor products are put on the market it frustrates the consumer and some who got into rc will get out of rc purely out of frustration hate to see it.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

guys newbie question... if i have my packs hooked up like the one shown in the picture below. am i able to charge it at 5 or 10amps? Mu guess is 10amps just want to double check Thanks!

Old 01-04-2013, 07:46 AM
Tech Addict

At 2c that would be 11.2 amps. If your charger can only go to 10, that's fine too. Many people tell you that charging over 1c can shorten your batteries life, but with todays newer cells, 2c charging is fine (as long as the manufacturer states that, those cells according to the manufacturer can be charged all the way to 5c but most chargers won't go that high and that's too high in my opinion).
Old 01-04-2013, 07:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Theibault
At 2c that would be 11.2 amps. If your charger can only go to 10, that's fine too. Many people tell you that charging over 1c can shorten your batteries life, but with todays newer cells, 2c charging is fine (as long as the manufacturer states that, those cells according to the manufacturer can be charged all the way to 5c but most chargers won't go that high and that's too high in my opinion).
Thank you
Old 01-04-2013, 07:51 AM
reg
Tech Adept

it should say in the instructions,i dought its 10amps

i stand corrected
Old 01-04-2013, 08:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cyba888
guys newbie question... if i have my packs hooked up like the one shown in the picture below. am i able to charge it at 5 or 10amps? Mu guess is 10amps just want to double check Thanks!

You can go as high as your charger will allow with those batteries. I have a PowerLab8 that can push out 40amps. I charge my packs at 20-25 amps all the time. I've done it at 40amps occassionally, but I run into resistance problems and the heat around the bullets in saddle packs can cause the hardcase to deform. Been doing it for more than a year with no problems.

Once you charge a pack up in 7 minutes from dead, you will never go back to slow charging.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BRSracing
Buying a product that breaks and having no way to fix it because xray failed to ship parts to the dealers is a rip off in my opinion. Having to "shelf" a product til fixes are made is a rip off when $400.00 was spent for the kit. Not being destructive just calling it how I see it. When poor products are put on the market it frustrates the consumer and some who got into rc will get out of rc purely out of frustration hate to see it.
Do you have an XRay XB4? If not why are here on this thread? Go back to your AE threads and leave this thread to the enthusiasts that have XB4s. Nobody is going to purchase a +$400 4wd buggy unless they are serious about R/C, so certainly the few problems this buggy has is not going to scare them off. There is a very good reason I feel XRay hasn't been heard from on this, it is the holiday season all over the world, not just in the U.S. They are entitled to enjoy it just like the rest of us. I have confidence XRay will fix the problems and this buggy will be smoking other 4wd buggies all over the world.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I'm sure it will be addressed. I haven't run mine yet, but we will see this weekend if the complaints are real. My guess is they are. However, you don't seem to have too much experience with brand new kits. They all have problems.

When Losi released their SCTE, the diff pins were disintegrating because they were too soft. Took losi like three months or so to get a fix out. However, someone stepped up in the interim to get replacement pins out to fix the problem. Of course, they never really addressed the RTR quality issue with the car, but whatever. Spend more on hopups than the car itself.

Castle's Mamba Monster was blowing up left and right when the first came out.

Tekin's RX8 would crap out all the time when it first came out. They finally had to redesign the case.

The Durango Dex410still has piss poor ball cups. Need to spend $70 bucks on lunsford ones to keep them from popping off from downsiding a jump. The hinge pins bend like some kind of magic trick. Had to by McMaster Carr ones and cut them yourself. Plastic Diff Hoops burn up on the car. Need to spend $40 bucks to get the aluminum ones. The front arms are kind of weak. Same issues on the 4wd SCT.

From my build so far, this car is well and above anything on the market. Looking at how stout it is, there probably isn't enough flex in the car to absorb impacts so the weakest point has to give at some point. The 3mm shock towers are probably the weakest point on the car. Diff gears could be flawed or it could be people just not setting their slippers right. Who knows. I don't think the weight savings is worth it and would have preferred metal gears, so I don't know what Xray was thinking.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:21 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Edumakated
I'm sure it will be addressed. I haven't run mine yet, but we will see this weekend if the complaints are real. My guess is they are. However, you don't seem to have too much experience with brand new kits. They all have problems.

When Losi released their SCTE, the diff pins were disintegrating because they were too soft. Took losi like three months or so to get a fix out. However, someone stepped up in the interim to get replacement pins out to fix the problem. Of course, they never really addressed the RTR quality issue with the car, but whatever. Spend more on hopups than the car itself.

Tekin's RX8 would crap out all the time when it first came out. They finally had to redesign the case.

The Durango Dex410still has piss poor ball cups. Need to spend $70 bucks on lunsford ones to keep them from popping off from downsiding a jump. The hinge pins bend like some kind of magic trick. Had to by McMaster Carr ones and cut them yourself. Plastic Diff Hoops burn up on the car. Need to spend $40 bucks to get the aluminum ones. The front arms are kind of weak. Same issues on the 4wd SCT.

From my build so far, this car is well and above anything on the market. Looking at how stout it is, there probably isn't enough flex in the car to absorb impacts so the weakest point has to give at some point. The 3mm shock towers are probably the weakest point on the car. Diff gears could be flawed or it could be people just not setting their slippers right. Who knows. I don't think the weight savings is worth it and would have preferred metal gears, so I don't know what Xray was thinking.
+1
Old 01-04-2013, 08:33 AM
Tech Addict

Your "calling it how I see it" and previous post are thinly veiled disguises to troll a forum. If you don't have an XB4, please leave this thread. It's obvious that you'll never get one, so why are you here?
Old 01-04-2013, 08:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

I have had numerous different kits and been in rc for over 20 years. I have seen my share of poor kits with weak spots. It would appear this one was rushed out with known issues. Why else would they ship extra diff gears. It will be interesting to see if they fix all the issues free for the consumer. The thought that people would spend over $400.00 for a kit and now they are "serious" and happy to spend more money fixing it for repeated problems is not logical. Sure its been the Holidays, but they should have shipped parts to the dealers with the cars, has nothing to do with the holiday. If they can ship the cars they can ship the parts at the same time. The issue with parts is fact, other stuff is my opinion. I don't own one but people get on here to learn about cars and make informed decisions. I don't care if people buy a paticualar brand over another what I run may not work for others, but I do want anyone looking to buy to have information on what is going on at the track.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aloksatoor
Found the issue. If u switch the spindle bushings for higher roll center as given in the manual, then the shaft is not parallel to the arm causing the bind.
Definitely something to note. So did you just space up the ball stud a couple mm ? High roll, I'll try that. It's gonna be a while before I go back... gonna wait for the track rebuild....
For those complainers....Frankly if you don't own one then your opinion means little to me. A handful of problems on a world wide scale is nothing to worry about. This is my first X-ray and definitely not my last. Been in this hobby 30 years and this car IS that good. I also recently got my first Axial, if you want to see a car worth complaining about.... oh yea, same price!
Sometimes **** breaks. Doesn't matter how good it is or you are, **** happens. On my XB4 I overfilled the diffs and left them loose and they leaked. Did my lack of experience with gear diffs cause a problem ? no, did the "******* at part" break ? no. Did I luck out ? maybe.
My next time out I am gonna "motor up" and I'll have a new killer pack and I am gonna tighten that slipper a tad.... rockin the world one lap at a time.

Last edited by badaml; 01-04-2013 at 09:52 AM. Reason: language
Old 01-04-2013, 09:25 AM
Tech Elite

Please list the cars you currently own. Allow me to judge any of those cars, especially the ones I've never owned.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:26 AM
Tech Master

nm....

Last edited by JiuHaWong; 01-04-2013 at 09:31 AM. Reason: stop feeding trolls!
Old 01-04-2013, 09:34 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Edumakated

Well said, I get too emotional.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.