Wiki Posts
Search

Speed Passion Cirtix Stock CLUB ESC

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 09:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hanzo3
Switched from 17.5 sp v3 to a 17.5 Ballistic. Ran a couple of times. The next day, system does not run. When I pull the throttle it wants to reverse, then dies. Did I fry the esc? I have been using the esc for months now with the v3 combo. It makes a high pitched noise when I pull the throttle.
sorry, v2 I mean. I was thinking of the SP v3 17.5 motor.
Can you try put the 17.5 V2 motor back up and make sure sensor cables are all working..? I am trying to see is that a motor problem or speedo problem...
Old 04-01-2011, 10:05 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by DesmoDave
Is there a new combo with an updated 17.5 V3 motor? The kits I was about to order (and the one I have in my buggy right now) are V2 motors. Just want to know what the latest and greatest are.

Thx.

PS. Ran my buggy again for 4 hours today and I'm always impressed with how this things performs. I'm tempted to order another for my SC10 and put the Tekin on the shelf for a while.
If you are talking about the LOCKED END BELL V3 motor, yes, we will....however, you have to understand this. The new ultra sportsman V3 is ideal for handout and true spec racing...the end bell is 100% locked and timing cannot be alter.

The current V2 Ultra Sportsman does not recommand to adjust the end bell timing, but it is possible to do so.
Old 04-07-2011, 11:11 PM
Tech Master

When runnning a rx battery, can we run the Cirtix asis, or do we need to unhook/cut the red servowire from it?
Old 04-08-2011, 09:24 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by PizzaDude
When runnning a rx battery, can we run the Cirtix asis, or do we need to unhook/cut the red servowire from it?
Are you talking about running 1S lipo...? Like on 12th scale..?

If you are indeed trying to run it on 1S with the Cirtix Club Spec....I really don't think (99%) running a receiver pack will make the Club spec work on 1S. Alot of customer trying to do that and I don't see any of those work. Club spec is design for 2S lipo input and I don't want to list all the detail why adding a receive pack onto the receiver will not work on our ESC but work on other brand's ESC.

So far, the only solution I have seen (and tested it myself) is running the TQ CELLS BOOSTER - from Canada (yes, they are the ONLY 1 that works with our speedo) along with the club spec...no need to pull any wire, just follow their diagram and solder their wires onto the ESC and run...

http://www.tqcells.com/TQBOOSTER.htm

If you are talking about something else...please be more specific.

Enforcerman (that is the username) is currently running the club spec with TQ booster at his club and converting the club to use this unit as a spec 12th scale over his area...you can ask here or PM him for more info.

Last edited by Solara; 04-08-2011 at 09:35 AM.
Old 04-08-2011, 04:56 PM
Tech Adept

Hi guys, Solara is right about the TQ Cells booster working with the Cirtix Stock Club. We use it in our 1/10 pan car class with 1 cell lipos and the 17.5 brushless and it works great! We have some guys using the Cirtix and some using Tekin and Novak and the Cirtix runs just as good as any of them.
Old 04-08-2011, 05:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I got my brothers SP cirtix working with a booster. It's not a TQ booster but similar. No brand name to it. The booster from Stormer didn't work. A receiver pack worked for a short time.

Now I want to get one for my 1/12 scale
Old 04-09-2011, 11:46 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Solara
Are you talking about running 1S lipo...? Like on 12th scale..?

If you are indeed trying to run it on 1S with the Cirtix Club Spec....I really don't think (99%) running a receiver pack will make the Club spec work on 1S. Alot of customer trying to do that and I don't see any of those work. Club spec is design for 2S lipo input and I don't want to list all the detail why adding a receive pack onto the receiver will not work on our ESC but work on other brand's ESC.

So far, the only solution I have seen (and tested it myself) is running the TQ CELLS BOOSTER - from Canada (yes, they are the ONLY 1 that works with our speedo) along with the club spec...no need to pull any wire, just follow their diagram and solder their wires onto the ESC and run...

http://www.tqcells.com/TQBOOSTER.htm

If you are talking about something else...please be more specific.

Enforcerman (that is the username) is currently running the club spec with TQ booster at his club and converting the club to use this unit as a spec 12th scale over his area...you can ask here or PM him for more info.
Solara,

Thanks for the reply,

No Booster will be used but a rx battery
No 1s but 2s car.

Will I need to unhook the red wire or leave it be and it won't cause any harm?

Kind regards,

Pizza
Old 04-10-2011, 12:28 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Switched from 17.5 sp v3 to a 17.5 Ballistic. Ran a couple of times. The next day, system does not run. When I pull the throttle it wants to reverse, then dies. Did I fry the esc? I have been using the esc for months now with the v3 combo. It makes a high pitched noise when I pull the throttle.
Maybe the ESC lost the settings and you have to readjust.
Old 04-11-2011, 12:28 AM
Tech Master

ttt
Old 04-11-2011, 09:05 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by PizzaDude
Solara,

Thanks for the reply,

No Booster will be used but a rx battery
No 1s but 2s car.

Will I need to unhook the red wire or leave it be and it won't cause any harm?

Kind regards,

Pizza
If you are running 2S, why do you need a receiver pack?

To be honest, I don't know that answer....if you must try it, I would definitely pull out the red (or black) wire and try...but I cannot garantee the result and definitely will void the warranty.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

hey solara - does the cirtix need a fan if you're using it with a 21.5 in a f1 car?

trying to use my cirtix in my F104 and i think the fan might be to much for the F104 chassis
Old 04-11-2011, 09:47 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by k_bojar
hey solara - does the cirtix need a fan if you're using it with a 21.5 in a f1 car?

trying to use my cirtix in my F104 and i think the fan might be to much for the F104 chassis
You are correct...you don't need 1 if running on 21.5, even on 17.5. My club spec fit within my F103 and F104 only without the fan...however, if you need the fan in the future, you can use double side tape to tape the fan in stand up position behind the ESC and onto the chassi (in front of the battery on F103) and blowing toward the ESC...

Good luck...
Old 04-15-2011, 07:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

Should throttle be reversed on an Airtronics MX-3x, getting ready to set up. Also a bit confused by set up directions, what is the standard drag brake and ABS setting?
Old 04-15-2011, 07:45 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by RCveteran
Should throttle be reversed on an Airtronics MX-3x, getting ready to set up. Also a bit confused by set up directions, what is the standard drag brake and ABS setting?
Setup with reverse first....if not working, reverse the throttle.

ABS braking, default is 50%.

You can try 40% drag braking....club spec required higher % in drag braking compare to other SP higher end ESC.
Old 04-15-2011, 07:45 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by k_bojar

Already answered your PM...I don't use ESC fan on F1 on my F103 and F104 on 21.5 racing...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.