Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tekin RS ESC sensored

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 01:50 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by kn7671
I think it works best when you have all the timing you're adding within your rpm range, w/o turbo, completely added at approx your avg rpm of the track, meaning that if you have a max of 30k at the end of the straight, but you only have an average of 15k around the entire track, than 15k is approx where I think you should have the timing advance stop advancing. Once you reach your avg rpm, you should have the turbo kick in shortly after.

If you waited until the motor reached it's max of 30k rpm before you stopped feeding in 50-deg of timing, it would be slower to reach 30k rpm's since the motor would need that extra timing at an earlier rpm to reach 30k rpms by the end of the straight, probably not allowing you to reach 30k.
I can see that...I think though that it shows the RPMs still could be a bit higher than some of the current setups. The thing about average RPMs though is that it will change with not only gearing but changes with the RS's setup. So then how to figure out the average RPMs to use for the setting is up in the air...what to use as a base line in other words. I'm thinking maybe using 0 motor timing with no additional timing from the RS to start with to get an average RPM baseline.
Old 01-14-2010, 01:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Originally Posted by 2wdrive
double post
But if you used a bigger pinion, thus changing your gearing, you wouldn't hit 30k, as that will have changed the max speed your car will be able to reach down the straight. Therefore you would need to recalculate and adjust the timing parameters again.
Old 01-14-2010, 01:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (94%+)

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
I can see that...I think though that it shows the RPMs still could be a bit higher than some of the current setups. The thing about average RPMs though is that it will change with not only gearing but changes with the RS's setup. So then how to figure out the average RPMs to use for the setting is up in the air...what to use as a base line in other words. I'm thinking maybe using 0 motor timing with no additional timing from the RS to start with to get an average RPM baseline.
I agree with that, which is exactly why I purchased two Novak Sentry's for testing and real race data. Until this version of Tekin software, we didn't know when the Tekin was doing certain things with timing, but now we know exactly when the Tekin start and stops adding timing, and we can compare that data to the Novak Sentry logger.
Old 01-14-2010, 01:56 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
Question...looking at the data log graph several pages back I see the motor was hitting much higher RPMs than the kv rating of the motor would suggest and much higher than the top RPM set point in Hot Wire. Given that shouldn't we be using even higher values for our top RPM? As I recall the graph went up to around 30K RPM yet I still see setups with top RPM settings at around 12K or so...less than half of the RPM achieved.
The Kv rating is without the timing.

The RPM's are set were you want your Boost come in.
You don't want it coming in at once.
As you set the end RPM to high, you probably never reach the top speed that you reach that it can do with a lower RPM range.

The RPM range decides also how your car accelerates.
When the start and the end RPM are closer to each other, than your car will accelerate harder than when you set a bigger difference.
Than your motor will have more torque.

So you need to find a balance between those 2.
When you are geared quit heavy and you have a motor like the SP V3 you set your start and end RPM range wider from each other and gear a bit heavier. The motor loves a heavier gearing.
As you have a motor that is geared very light, you can set the RPM range closer to each other.
Old 01-14-2010, 01:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hi everyone,

I just recently moved into 21.5 from the standard 540 silver can.

Was just hoping for some guidance in getting my RS Pro software setup.

I m running a TRF416 with 69 Spur, 30 Pinion, and 21.5 Redline.

Have been running v200 for a while now but boost is on 8. I have no idea where to start. I just dont want to burn anything out so any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 01-14-2010, 02:15 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rnd_tang
Hi everyone,

I just recently moved into 21.5 from the standard 540 silver can.

Was just hoping for some guidance in getting my RS Pro software setup.

I m running a TRF416 with 69 Spur, 30 Pinion, and 21.5 Redline.

Have been running v200 for a while now but boost is on 8. I have no idea where to start. I just dont want to burn anything out so any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Download the V203 from the Tekin website.
Update your speedo.
Look on the website for some setups.
Sorry i can't help you with it.
Old 01-14-2010, 02:42 PM
Tech Fanatic

i did read the tekin forum about the new turbo feature and it is too confusing.
17.5t redline motor at 7.4V = ~16000rpm but that does not corespond with numbers shown in hotwire.
Where do those RPM numbers come from?
Old 01-14-2010, 03:05 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by wallot
i did read the tekin forum about the new turbo feature and it is too confusing.
17.5t redline motor at 7.4V = ~16000rpm but that does not corespond with numbers shown in hotwire.
Where do those RPM numbers come from?
The end RPM you choose your self.
The start RPM you can choose.
The top RPM is without any timing of a speedo.
The RPM's set is only the window were you want to have the boost come in.
The motor will keep accelerating after the Boost is fully added when it reached his end RPM.
The Turbo is only for the big tracks or when the car stops accelerating before it is ad the end of the straight.
The Turbo kicks in ad the moment you have full throttle and than the Turbo delay start to count.
Old 01-14-2010, 03:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

ok mine are easy, whats he end rpm for a team scream 13.5 duo 2?and what should i use for a start rpm, i need this info for a small straight 45 feet, but a fast infield, i need alotta torque? thanx the rest ill figure out, just not sure what to do there....
Old 01-14-2010, 04:09 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Guys you're making this too complicated and are over thinking it too far.

The start and end rpm are going to be based on the motor used in each chassis/platform.

Pan cars are going to be around 2k start and 7-8k end.

TC's are showing be around 3-5k start and 12-15k end

Offroad is showing 5k start and 20k end.

The above ranges are for 17.5 and 13.5 . Lower turn motors will rev more and therefore require some rpm point adjustment.

Don't forget motor timing also as this starts at 0 rpm's.
Old 01-14-2010, 04:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

^^^+1
Old 01-14-2010, 04:27 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Guys you're making this too complicated and are over thinking it too far.

The start and end rpm are going to be based on the motor used in each chassis/platform.

Pan cars are going to be around 2k start and 7-8k end.

TC's are showing be around 3-5k start and 12-15k end

Offroad is showing 5k start and 20k end.

The above ranges are for 17.5 and 13.5 . Lower turn motors will rev more and therefore require some rpm point adjustment.

Don't forget motor timing also as this starts at 0 rpm's.
can you change the rpm setings to get a diferend feel over the intire line.
i ame driving 5200 start 20000 end with 13,5 sp in touring 50 boost
it has a good feel and its controleble.
Old 01-14-2010, 05:25 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by marcel p
can you change the rpm setings to get a diferend feel over the intire line.
i ame driving 5200 start 20000 end with 13,5 sp in touring 50 boost
it has a good feel and its controleble.
Hey marcel.
Yes. As you lower the end rpm, the car feels more agresive.
It's just like the Turbo. As you set the ramping higher, the Turbo is more agresive.

l
Old 01-14-2010, 07:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

can someone tell me what the difference between throttle profile 1 thru 5 is. waiting for my hotwire, had a friend set mine to 5 like his but would like to know for myself. thanks!
Old 01-14-2010, 07:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by franc furter
can someone tell me what the difference between throttle profile 1 thru 5 is. waiting for my hotwire, had a friend set mine to 5 like his but would like to know for myself. thanks!
Throttle profile 5 is the most agressive throttle profile and 4, 3, 2,1 are each a little softer throttle rip wise. Depends on your driving style

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.