Search
Like Tree1Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 07:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lowrance
I don't skimp on buying nice servo's for on-road. A servo centering well is probably more important to me than just speed and power. I've been having good luck with the savox brand here lately.
ditto...a good servo and forget it...saves in the long run
Old 06-02-2011, 07:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by beemerfan
Hobby Partz has the T-Pro SG5010 servo for $4.90. I just got one and its not a bad servo, especially for under five bucks. You could buy 13 of them for the price of that Savox and have a few spares around if one happens to fail. I don't think its as good as the specs suggest, but its way better than either my Airtronics or Spektrum standard servos. I've run those standard servos in my car in the past and they worked just fine. Lately I've been running Spektrum DS821 servos in most of my cars. Great servo as well for around $30, even if it was intended for aircraft.
And you will drive at the level of the $4.90 servo, get a good inexspensive servo and you will be happy, smoother and faster NO matter if it's VTA or any other class. Set up is always very important but servos and diff are very critical.

Last edited by YLLIB; 06-02-2011 at 07:50 AM.
Old 06-02-2011, 08:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lowrance
I don't skimp on buying nice servo's for on-road. A servo centering well is probably more important to me than just speed and power. I've been having good luck with the savox brand here lately.
agreeded as well..

the savox servos are good and you can always find a futaba 9550/9551 fairly cheap on here - the few of them I have are used and never had an issue
Old 06-02-2011, 08:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I'm running a 1\12th futaba S9602 that i picked up at out LHS for $65 i also use it my 1\12th crc pan car No Power issues at all, Fast *almost toofast and centers the best out of any servo I have had
Old 06-02-2011, 09:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Sounds good, thanks guys. I think ill try him in 1 of thos Savox servos. Being gone on deployment so long they are new to me, but have seen them in the for sale threads. My JR spazzes out when you first turn it on trying to center itself but fine on the ground or if you stop it with your hand in the air so im thinking about getting myself a new 1 also. Might go with the Savox myself. Thanks again all for the input
Old 06-02-2011, 10:55 AM
Tech Champion

Ive used the Futaba 9550 and 9551 in both cars since 2009...no issues what so ever...and I race alot...I wouldnt have anything else
Old 06-02-2011, 02:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
Ive used the Futaba 9550 and 9551 in both cars since 2009...no issues what so ever...and I race alot...I wouldnt have anything else
ill check into those also. thanks alot!
Old 06-03-2011, 05:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Evoracer
Well Gents, I need your support for a little project. I've previously mentioned that my club is , to my knowledge , the only official VTA group operating in Florida. Someone mentioned the idea of contacting Mike Boylan , the Snowbird Nationals promoter, to see if vta might be considered for the 2012 event. Soooo....I did. Mike was not only pleased but quite interested in the idea. I have offered to be the, or one of the , sponsors for the class. Mike suggested that inclusion would be based on participation. So here's the deal. I'd like to start a list of people that would consider attending the Snowbirds and racing in the VTA class. There is no guarantee of any kind being made here!! This is simply a modest way of showing Mike that there would be a reasonable interest
Thoughts and suggestions would be great. If there's no issues, I'll simply offer to collect your name and what city/state your from. Periodically I'll contact Mike and update him with the number of interested drivers.
He also mentioned that some help with tech for the class might help the issue so if any of you guys with tech experience at other VTA events have an interest in helping out, please let me know. If any tracks or shops would be interested in additional sponsership of the class, please let me know also.
Here's our chance to be part of one of the biggest RC Racing events in the country. Lets roll with it !!!
Just noticed some talk on another thread regarding the Snowbirds so I'm bumping this up to remind everyone. NOW is our chance to show the promoter our interest. If Mike sees a good amount of support....we may be part of the Bird's. If not....then it's not because we didn't have a chance.
Talk it up fella's !!!!! You know you want to go to Florida in January !!
Old 06-03-2011, 07:19 AM
Tech Master

Is there an official date for the Snowbirds yet? Need to schedule vacation to coincide with it just in case I accidently take family to Orlando for vacation.
Old 06-03-2011, 07:30 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Evoracer
Just noticed some talk on another thread regarding the Snowbirds so I'm bumping this up to remind everyone. NOW is our chance to show the promoter our interest. If Mike sees a good amount of support....we may be part of the Bird's. If not....then it's not because we didn't have a chance.
Talk it up fella's !!!!! You know you want to go to Florida in January !!
pom pom pumping...lets get it
Old 06-03-2011, 09:16 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)
Questions?? A little help, please...

Has anyone got a good/winning set-up, for....JRXS/R....Sakura Zero S....Photon? I also have a Team Majic, but don't know much about it. I've been running the LOSI, and it's pretty good, but lacks turn-un. Any help would be appreciated! I'm running asphalt...low traction...grape soda. My gearing [email protected] highest I can get.
Thanks
The Postman
Old 06-03-2011, 10:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Only a few pages back... http://www.rctech.net/forum/9161234-post11612.html. It's a great carpet setup, and I'll be running it on asphalt soon. I would think it's a great baseline to start from anywhere.
Old 06-03-2011, 01:40 PM
Tech Regular

I am considering trying vta for my 9 year old daughter, why only the novak motor? At nationals they are running 21.5. Speed passion sells esc/motor combo for 89.99, but because of some rule i am required to buy a 80 dollar motor then another hundred, hundred fifty dollar esc i do not get it.
Old 06-03-2011, 01:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by sobiski racer
I am considering trying vta for my 9 year old daughter, why only the novak motor? At nationals they are running 21.5. Speed passion sells esc/motor combo for 89.99, but because of some rule i am required to buy a 80 dollar motor then another hundred, hundred fifty dollar esc i do not get it.
Can buy GTB esc's all day on here almost for $45 shipped....just got 2 myself from different sellers. You can also get the 25.5 SS straight from novak remanufactured for $54.

thats $99 minus shipping for motor from novak

there are MANY discussions about this in this very thread
Old 06-03-2011, 01:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sobiski racer
don't go by what the ROAR nationals is doing - that's a 1-off race, not the USVTA rules

USVTA rules is 25.5, novak ballastic or novak ProSS, no other manufacturers

so just ignore everything you're reading for the nationals - it don't count for anything else, other then those 4 days in Jackson, NJ

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.