Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree12Likes

New Schumacher KF2

Hide Wikipost
Old 07-29-2016, 08:27 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: New Schumacher KF2
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: MelKF2
Welcome to the KF2 Wiki!

Please feel free to add any Tips, Tricks, or anything that would be beneficial to the KF2 Family

Introduction and Pictures Introduction and Pictures

ElectronicsSetupElectronicsSetups

Setup SheetsSetup Sheets

EmulsionShocksEmulsion Shocks

Tony Newland Gear Diff BuildTony Newland Gear Diff Build

Suggested Gearing

17.5 I ran 69/31 at SRS Scottsdale Arizona and 72/30 at MHOR Aurora Co and Full Throttle ALB, NM RCM lockout worked excellent!

MIP pucks excellent upgrade! The new RCM lockout is an excellent piece as well! These options will greatly reduce weight throughout the drive line!

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2016, 12:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

What did you not like about the mid motor layout Bob?
Old 10-03-2016, 12:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I was on a fairly small track that had a very tight layout. I felt that I didn't have enough steering. When I made a tire change on the front end (added foams to the tires), I got more steering but severely upset the balance of the car. It was just one of those things where you could feel that car wasn't right.

The locals at the track all run in the low grip setting for just this reason. Bottom line is I just need more track time to figure out what I like. The car has so many options that it's quite easy to tune yourself out.
Old 10-03-2016, 01:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

I agree regarding the options. I have tried all 3 positions, and not sure which is best. I was after a bit more drive forwards so thought the mid position would help. Not sure if it did, I raced on medium grip carpet at the weekend and killed the rear minipins in not many runs, where other cars were much better under traction. The weight distribution is very similar for each position too which was a surprise. Sometimes less choice is not a bad thing!
Old 10-04-2016, 06:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I'm going to rebuild my car Saturday and put in the low grip layout and probably start with the kit settings and work from there. Just not sure when the next time I'm going to get a chance to run is.
Old 10-04-2016, 06:52 AM
Tech Adept

I am running the LG setup with a Super Shorty and ESC next to each other. Having great all around traction on a medium bite clay. Although a little push on throttle exiting the corners.
Old 10-04-2016, 07:35 AM
JsK
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Although a little push on throttle exiting the corners.
You can run the U3997 front tower its 4mm taller. I would prob start with the
shock rod ends unscrewed 2mm and start with 2mm less front droop.
Old 10-04-2016, 07:39 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JsK
You can run the U3997 front tower its 4mm taller. I would prob start with the
shock rod ends unscrewed 2mm and start with 2mm less front droop.
So no limiters in the shocks to limit droop?
Old 10-04-2016, 07:45 AM
JsK
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Are you running any now? The old tower is 4mm taller so that will take up
some droop, but if your already running say 2mm of limiters then I would take
them out and just start with the taller tower.
Old 10-04-2016, 08:35 AM
Tech Adept

I am not running any right now. Taller tower is on order but wont get it till after Friday races. So, I'll go with some spacers to get through the races.
Old 10-04-2016, 05:50 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have tried all the motor positions starting with mid and now I ended up back with mid while I don't think the car feels natural in this position it is definitely faster but only with the carbon chassis and super Shorty battery the low grip spec to me was definitely the easiest to drive and most consistent just lacked the steering on exit and speed I was looking for definitely try making a little plate off the rear of the car to attach weight to
Old 10-04-2016, 05:52 PM
Tech Adept

Here is my best setup I have come up with so far
Attached Thumbnails New Schumacher KF2-image.jpg  
Old 10-05-2016, 01:08 AM
Tech Apprentice

I have noted that in the UK, some people are changing the slipper into a more common 2 pad slipper setup by removing the cage and spare plates. I am trying to work out what effect the quite heavy standard setup has as far as its rotating mass, is it helping transfer weight rearwards like the mid motor setup or forwards? It rotates towards the back of the car.
Cheers
Old 10-05-2016, 02:41 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Larrysraceprep
Here is my best setup I have come up with so far
Hi Larry,

There are a fiew things i do not understand at your setup sheet, as you mentioned, that your car has lack of steering at exit corner, but you are running 5* front caster blocks, which are making the steering softer and gives less power on steering at corner exit?
Also, you have rear shocks at the rear of arms and are putting 3/4oz of weight at the very rear end, but running 3* of anti squat and have your rear shocks all the way laying down at the tower, so you stiffen up the rear suspension as much as you can, also running long wheel base at an tight, smoth, high grip indoor clay track, that all is confusing me a little bit?

Could you clarify that to me, why you have set your car like this?

Thanks in advance
Mike

Last edited by micholix; 10-05-2016 at 02:58 AM.
Old 10-05-2016, 07:40 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by micholix
Hi Larry,

There are a fiew things i do not understand at your setup sheet, as you mentioned, that your car has lack of steering at exit corner, but you are running 5* front caster blocks, which are making the steering softer and gives less power on steering at corner exit?
Also, you have rear shocks at the rear of arms and are putting 3/4oz of weight at the very rear end, but running 3* of anti squat and have your rear shocks all the way laying down at the tower, so you stiffen up the rear suspension as much as you can, also running long wheel base at an tight, smoth, high grip indoor clay track, that all is confusing me a little bit?

Could you clarify that to me, why you have set your car like this?

Thanks in advance
Mike
Sorry what I meant was in the low group set up it had steering problems on exit my mm setup is very good I extended the wheelbase to add a little bit of consistency to the car and it was a bit twitchy running it that short
Old 10-05-2016, 07:44 AM
Tech Addict

Ah ok, so do i understand right, the lack of steering on exit corner was not with that setup?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.