Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree52Likes

European 2wd 1/8th pan car on-road Classic class

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 11:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

It was shipped USPS, no chance the delivery person will look like that!
Old 07-16-2012, 11:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by garen
It was shipped USPS, no chance the delivery person will look like that!
...and believe me, our mail lady DEFINES the Ann Arbor look!
Old 07-16-2012, 11:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Really? Thats how they all look here in Northwest Ohio.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:41 PM
Tech Addict

It's now safely in my grimy little hands...Thanks Garen!
Old 07-16-2012, 03:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Farmer_John
It's now safely in my grimy little hands...Thanks Garen!
you live in a college town must be plenty of "sights" too see welcome too the class glad too have you
Old 07-16-2012, 05:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Ugh

What a weekend.

My friend had probs with his GT...we figured some more stuff out about it but not the most promising event for him, really got some work cut out for us.

Me, apparently I managed to forget that loctite is my friend.....again....and failure to use it (plus not so great traction) caused me to retire early. You know, you'd think when I learned something previously I'd retain it....

And of course, my friends son Dave. This was his first outing driving my 4wd Edam. He has very little track time, practically none in 4wd, and I thought he was doing very well all in all. But since they lumped all the 4wd's together, he got to make his maiden run out there with Rick Davis and Ted Hammer. Sending rookies out to do battle with vets doesn't always turn out so well, but I tried to impart some advice as to how to survive the event. I've told him, for the most part, you have to drive your line...don't worry about the faster drivers, they'll find a way around you, just pay close attention to what you are doing and do the best you can. Now, he'd never deliberately mess with anyone (wouldn't have the skills to do it anyhow) and contact with a rookie on the track is inevitable. But I did give him a hint, one piece of advice in particular....

"Don't hit Rick Davis."

Well damn. Obviously the planets were in alignment, Murphy's law was in effect, and so forth, because about five laps into the thing, of all people, he managed to hit Rick Davis.

(Flashback alert...I remember MANY years ago another newbie to the A main who had the misfortune to accidentally impact on a green/white Associated, and I dimly recall my car spending a lot of time on its back about every eighth lap thereafter, and by coincidence, it was always when a green/white Associated was coming by. Hmm.)

So, expert pitman that I am, I snuck onto the drivers stand shortly thereafter and dropped a hint to Dave, that while he was doing an excellent job given his shortcomings in track time and experience, that he might want to swing a tad wide in some corners when a particular car came by. He might also want to serve up a fatted Novarossi in sacrifice to the racing gods who were clearly upset and have no sense of humor at the irony.

So, to make a long story short (too late) we'll try to get our collective crap together so we make a better showing in the future, I really like seeing so many people turning out with pan cars (kudos Lon, I think pan cars are a hit) and my apologies and appreciation for everyone giving newbies some slack, especially Rick, but it's a hell of a learning curve being out on the track with the best.
Old 07-16-2012, 05:17 PM
Tech Addict

Default Oops

Another thing I forgot (what, another?) Thanx again to Rick and Ned...got the tubing in and it's definitely the right stuff. I have enough to complete another car or two and I'll carry spares to the track if anybody needs some.
Old 07-16-2012, 07:55 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by 5italkart
you live in a college town must be plenty of "sights" too see welcome too the class glad too have you
Thanks! I'm going to try to live up to my own hype!
Old 07-17-2012, 11:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks! I'm going to try to live up to my own hype!
You'd think a guy on vaction would have time to snap a few pics and post them. Untill I see pics I'm calling BS on John really having a car.
Old 07-17-2012, 11:50 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Dasmopar
You'd think a guy on vaction would have time to snap a few pics and post them. Untill I see pics I'm calling BS on John really having a car.
Yada yada yada...talk to my bird for a minute while I clear a spot off my manbench...

Old 07-17-2012, 12:01 PM
Tech Addict

My bird happy?

Here's pretty much what came out of the box from Garen. I'll preface this with a hardy thanx! It's actually in better shape than you described and I imagined!

Roller, Thanks for the receiver batt and foamies!

more than adequate to bash while getting used to it!

A ghostly figure with which to apply my own colors to!

Good deal.
Old 07-17-2012, 02:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Cut the tie strap from the tank. I put that on there because I had the GT body on it the last time I ran it. Time to order me a new car...
Old 07-17-2012, 03:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by garen
Cut the tie strap from the tank. I put that on there because I had the GT body on it the last time I ran it. Time to order me a new car...
and lots of spares for the rest of us
Old 07-18-2012, 12:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

Good deal.

Well glad to see you have it in hand. I will say though the pics with the car in them do look like photo shop pics......

Lon III 2010
Old 07-18-2012, 08:29 AM
Tech Addict

Default Question

With all the traction issues I've had (some no doubt due in part to crap rubber) I'm wondering if anyone has tried a straight axle setup. I remember way back when we had to go to diffs because the things just wouldn't turn...fast forward to today and turning is the last problem on my mind. If anyone has tried that let me know...and I'm thinking I'll bring a straight axle setup to try out anyhow just to see what the car does, if it makes it a little more manageable.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.